[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

hello my friends. After a very long break Ive decided to sit down for the afternoon and get back to this great game. Of course that means more modding than gaming. Is there still an issue between this mod and ScanSat? And if so, what is the issue? Thank you

43 minutes ago, dylsh said:

hello my friends. After a very long break Ive decided to sit down for the afternoon and get back to this great game. Of course that means more modding than gaming. Is there still an issue between this mod and ScanSat? And if so, what is the issue? Thank you

There are currently no issues between Restock and SCANsat, I have them both installed and I am still yet to notice anything wrong.

48 minutes ago, NotMyProblem said:

I just recently installed this and I found a bug with the fairings, it has both "Delete fairing", "Build Fairing", "Edit Fairing" at the same time and the fairings would not build.

Have you got the latest release and are you on 1.10.1?

hello i think i found a problem

in the game fairings only apear with the three usual variants and i wanted a black one so i went in to restock files/ksp files and to modify one of the existing textures 

after tring to find were restock gets the fairing textures i found all the variants i wanted. but they dont apear in the game

is this an ishue with restock/the game or  arent these textures been implemented yet?

9 hours ago, noobkerblkat said:

hello i think i found a problem

in the game fairings only apear with the three usual variants and i wanted a black one so i went in to restock files/ksp files and to modify one of the existing textures 

after tring to find were restock gets the fairing textures i found all the variants i wanted. but they dont apear in the game

is this an ishue with restock/the game or  arent these textures been implemented yet?

Once again, have you got the latest release and are you on 1.10.1?

Is it because restock that my command pods are black, or is it some other mod?

visual mods i have installed: TUFX, EVE, RVE64k Kerbin Clouds for Spectra, Spectra, DOEC (Distant Object Enhancement Continued), Scatterer and EGR (Engine Lighting Relit). on 1.10.1Kerbal_Space_Program_10_22_2020_6_47_48_

Edited by DeerS

36 minutes ago, DeerS said:

visual mods i have installed: TUFX, EVE, RVE64k Kerbin Clouds for Spectra, Spectra, DOEC (Distant Object Enhancement Continued), Scatterer and EGR (Engine Lighting Relit). on 1.10.1

An upload of your "Kerbal Space Program/KSP.log", "Kerbal Space Program/Logs/ModuleManager/ModuleManager.log" and "Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache" files would be very helpful here if you could supply them.

Also what versions of ReStock and ReStock+ are you using?

2 hours ago, noobkerblkat said:

well thats it I am playing on 1.9.1 

thanks for the help friend

@noobkerblkat, the patch for the fairings was written on the assumption you are using 1.10.1 as 1.10 added variants to the fairings which weren't in 1.9.1. You will need to modify the patch to get the new variants that do not show up in the game currently.

21 hours ago, hemeac said:

@noobkerblkat, the patch for the fairings was written on the assumption you are using 1.10.1 as 1.10 added variants to the fairings which weren't in 1.9.1. You will need to modify the patch to get the new variants that do not show up in the game currently.

aperently there is no need for that 

my modpack aperently also works on 1.10.1 so just updated the game and it works awsome now 

On 10/22/2020 at 12:05 PM, DeerS said:

visual mods i have installed: TUFX, EVE, RVE64k Kerbin Clouds for Spectra, Spectra, DOEC (Distant Object Enhancement Continued), Scatterer and EGR (Engine Lighting Relit). on 1.10.1Kerbal_Space_Program_10_22_2020_6_47_48_

I've heard that the pods will appear black if there isn't any ablator on them. I think it is because there is a glitch where since there is no ablator, when exiting the atmosphere and there is heat, the game thinks the craft blew up causing it to be black. This isn't a sure fire thing but that is my guess.

4 hours ago, unwisechart17 said:

I've heard that the pods will appear black if there isn't any ablator on them. I think it is because there is a glitch where since there is no ablator, when exiting the atmosphere and there is heat, the game thinks the craft blew up causing it to be black. 

I'd consider this a feature, not a bug :D I want all my craft sooty after reentry

Anyone else having issues with Kerbodyne Engine Cluster Adapter Tank creating huge torque when engines are first attached? Then if you move the engines and then reset their location with space, torque goes away?

Spoiler

ueDqJ11.png?2

After Move and Reset:

rpA4yoF.png

Nothing too serious, just caught me off guard while building.

Hi!

If we want to uninstall Restock, will all the redesigned parts revert back to Squad design automatically when we uninstall the mod or will we have to whitelist the Squad art design manually?

Thank you!

4 hours ago, AeroSky said:

If we want to uninstall Restock, will all the redesigned parts revert back to Squad design automatically when we uninstall the mod

Yes, they do. Your vessels might look a bit odd, though, if the models differ too much between Stock and ReStock (e.g. the HG-55 antenna) or have variants that don't exist in the other.

12 hours ago, HansAcker said:

Yes, they do. Your vessels might look a bit odd, though, if the models differ too much between Stock and ReStock (e.g. the HG-55 antenna) or have variants that don't exist in the other.

So, just to clarify, the parts will return to normal, but they will just seem like they don't belong there anymore because of the difference between art styles?

14 hours ago, AeroSky said:

So, just to clarify, the parts will return to normal, but they will just seem like they don't belong there anymore because of the difference between art styles?

Well, the parts will look different, but will be much better looking, and some will have more variants. I very much recommend this mod.

EDIT: whoops.

Edited by KeaKaka
Misinterpreted question.

1 hour ago, KeaKaka said:

Well, the parts will look different, but will be much better looking, and some will have more variants. I very much recommend this mod.

Aero was asking what would happen when uninstalling, not installing :P

4 hours ago, AeroSky said:

They'll return to the stock models & textures, yes. Might get some weirdness with parts that ReStock adds new variants to that you've selected, but other than that, you should be fine. (Unless you're also using ReStock+, in which case any craft using the parts that mod adds won't be usable.)

2 hours ago, Starseeker said:

Aero was asking what would happen when uninstalling, not installing :P

They'll return to the stock models & textures, yes. Might get some weirdness with parts that ReStock adds new variants to that you've selected, but other than that, you should be fine. (Unless you're also using ReStock+, in which case any craft using the parts that mod adds won't be usable.)

So, once more just to make sure, if I uninstall Restock, the only problems will arise from the fact that the parts look odd together? Will there be no problems like the game being unable to load, etc,?

I am seriously considering downloading this mod, but I'm just a little concerned about the asset blacklisting and whether it will do anything odd to my saves.

Thanks for the help!