[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

2 minutes ago, blowfish said:

If you're having issues with attach nodes on saved craft try deleting the part and selecting it fresh.  At some point KSP started caching attach node positions in the craft file.

This is actually a KSP bug 'fix', where previously it appeared that nodes that were moved via PartVariants did not respect directionality. As we copied the stock PartVariants node blocks for our patches to replicate the node locations on replaced parts, we copied a couple instances where the stock parts had nodes pointed the wrong way, which was hidden by the bug in 1.8 and earlier. When 1.9 fixed the bug, Squad also fixed these parts' node locations, so we had to do that too. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Parrot said:

@Nertea, are you going to release the next restock update around the same point as the next KSP update, or sooner/later?

There is going to be another KSP update?  Has this been announced?

Asking for a friend...

Peace. 

On 4/18/2020 at 4:54 PM, theJesuit said:

There is going to be another KSP update?  Has this been announced?

A bit off topic but they try to release every 4 months. That was announced somewhere but I can't find it. For the past 2 years they've gone long in the summer though and who knows how COVID will affect things. But, considering most summers add 6 months to the typical 4, I'd guess 1.10 to come out some time in August.

Is there an elegant way to ignore the whitelist provided from a mod?
I would prefer to run a custom MM patch, so the mod parts which rely on stock parts will actually use the models and textures from restock. Of course, I could just delete the whitelist but I had to do it on every mod update and just ignoring it, will leave me with some unused models and textures in RAM, which kinda defeats the purpose of the whole "unload the unnecessary stuff" procedure.

1 hour ago, NiL said:

Can I remove stock textures if I have ReStock and also no intent to remove it? Are there a plugin or mod which does it?

Assuming this is possible:

You’d risk running into problems if any other mod whitelisted any of the stock assets for their own mod. 

Also, since the space you’d save isn’t all that much: Why would you wish to do this?

Edited by Jognt

3 hours ago, NiL said:

Can I remove stock textures if I have ReStock and also no intent to remove it? Are there a plugin or mod which does it?

Restock itself has this functionality.  The models and textures that are no longer needed are prevented from loading unless "whitelisted" by another mod.

On 3/11/2020 at 1:11 AM, Wyzard said:

BTW, is it intentional that the ReStock+ "Experiment Return Unit" (the round one) is in the "Start" tech node?  It seems strange since the stock "Experiment Storage Unit" (the boxy one) is several tiers above it, in "Basic Science" for 45 science points, and the ERU is pretty much just the ESU with a different shape.

On 3/11/2020 at 8:10 AM, Poodmund said:

Thanks for spotting this, almost definitely an oversight and will be adjusted for the next release.

Actually, I like it in the "Start" tech node. I use it as the control core for my early unmanned launches at the start in career mode. If you could leave a copy in the "Start" tech node, perhaps with limited capabilities that can be expanded on through development and research, I would love it. Having an unmanned control core at the start makes the early historic unmanned launch vehicles possible in game without any other mod needed.

The Science Container / Experiment Return Unit, is what I'm talking about. It's a part covered by Restock +. It is currently included in the "Start" tech node. It makes a great unmanned probe core for starting in career mode.

3 hours ago, justspace103 said:

has anyone else had trouble with the restock textures nto replacing the mainsail and skipper?

That is the case on 1.9.x as squad changed the mainsail and the skipper.  Im sure that the next update is coming SOONTM.

Peace.

'morning everyone, Restock 1.1.0 is now available!

ThAS09v.png

Some key highlights:

• Official 1.9.x release
  • Rover wheels!
  • New models to replace the 1.9.x Mainsail and Skipper
  • 5.0 metre rocket part revamp!
  • Engine plates!

Full changelog for Restock:

Spoiler
  • KSP 1.9
  • New stock part replacements
    • Engines
      • RE-M3 'Mainsail' Liquid Fuel Engine (Nertea/riocrokite): New model to replace new 1.9 Squad model
      • RE-I5 'Skipper' Liquid Fuel Engine (Nertea/riocrokite): New model to replace new 1.9 Squad model
    • Wheels
      • Rovemax Model S2 (Andrew Cassidy)
      • Rovemax Model M1 (Andrew Cassidy)
      • TR-2L Ruggedized Wheel (Andrew Cassidy)
  • New Making History part replacements
    • Aero
      • Protective Rocket Nose Cone Mk16A (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants
    • Engines
      • Kerbodyne KE-1 "Mastodon" Liquid Fuel Engine (Nertea): now has Compact, 1.875m, 2.5m, 2.5m Boattail and 3.75m Boattail variants
    • Fuel Tanks
      • Kerbodyne S4-64 Fuel Tank (Nertea): now has Black and White and Orange variants
      • Kerbodyne S4-128 Fuel Tank (Nertea): now has Black and White and Orange variants
      • Kerbodyne S4-256 Fuel Tank (Nertea): now has Black and White and Orange variants
      • Kerbodyne S4-512 Fuel Tank (Nertea): now has Black and White and Orange variants
      • Kerbodyne S3-S4 Adapter Tank (Nertea): now has Black and White and Orange variants
      • Kerbodyne Engine Cluster Adapter Tank (Nertea): now has different models for 2, 3, 4 and 6 engine pods
    • Payload
      • AE-FF4 Airstream Protective Shell (5m):(Nertea): now has White, Black and White and Orange variants
    • Coupling
      • TD-50 Stack Decoupler (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants
      • TS-50 Stack Separator (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants
      • EP-18 Engine Plate (Andrew Cassidy): now has White and Orange variants plus boattails.
      • EP-25 Engine Plate (Andrew Cassidy): now has White and Metal variants plus boattails.
      • EP-37 Engine Plate (Andrew Cassidy): now has White and Orange variants plus boattails.
      • EP-50 Engine Plate (Andrew Cassidy): now has White and orange variants plus boattails.
    • Structural
      • T-12 Structural Tube (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants
      • T-18 Structural Tube (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants
      • T-25 Structural Tube (Nertea): now has White and Metal variants
      • T-37 Structural Tube (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants
      • T-50 Structural Tube (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants
    • Wheels
      • Rovemax Model M1-F (Andrew Cassidy)
  • Bugfixes and tweaks
    • RE-J10 "Wolfhound" Liquid Fuel Engine and RE-I2 "Skiff" Liquid Fuel Engine have had their manufacturer colours changed to Green-Grey/White (no gameplay effect) to match with the Saturn V parts and Mastodon better
    • Re-added missing stock smoke plumes to Skiff, Wolfhound, Kodiak
    • Adjusted configs for patched Skiff, Wolfhound to account for a bug Squad fixed in KSP 1.9
    • Adjusted Rhino's surface attach node so that it adjusts for variants correctly in KSP 1.9
    • Fixed SkinnedMeshRenderer scaling for Wolfhound, Skiff, Mainsail, Skipper
    • Adjusted engine glow meshes for Terrier, Reliant and Swivel to clean up some clipping issues
    • Tagged engine glow meshes properly for Terrier, Reliant and Swivel
    • Fixed an issue where launch clamps girders would not render in older versions of OpenGL (#790)
    • Fixed the Pollux SRB using FX from RestockPlus * Fixed the centering of the Rovemate probe core
    • Fixed some smoothing groups on the white variant of the Rockomax X-32 Fuel Tank
    • Fixed an issue where radiators would freak out when destroyed.
    • Fixed localization tag for Skiff's Tankbutt variant
    • Changed launch clamps to always use fallback implementation in flight as instanced rendering doesn't work with KSP's lighting correctly in flight scene
  • Added compatibility patch for Modular Launch Pads to allow for RS & RS+ 1.875m Engine Plate Boattail variant to align with MLP's Titan II Launch Pad base

Full changelog for Restock+:

Spoiler
  • KSP 1.9 Compatibility
  • Phase 3 release
  • New Engine parts
    •   Kerbodyne UR-1 "Galleon"" Liquid Fuel Engine (Nertea): F-1 engine with Compact, 1.875m, 2.5m, 2.5m Boattail and 3.75m Boattail variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
  •  New Fuel Tank parts
    •    Kerbodyne S4-64 Fuel Tank (Nertea): 5m fuel tank with Black and White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    Kerbodyne S4-128 Fuel Tank (Nertea): 5m fuel tank with Black and White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    Kerbodyne S4-256 Fuel Tank (Nertea): 5m fuel tank with Black and White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    Kerbodyne S4-512 Fuel Tank  (Nertea): 5m fuel tank with Black and White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    Kerbodyne S3-S4 Adapter Tank  (Nertea): 5m fuel tank with Black and White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    Kerbodyne Engine Cluster Adapter Tank (Nertea): Saturn V engine adapter with variants for two, three, four and six engine pods. Disabled if Making History is installed
  •  New Aero parts
    •    Protective Rocket Nose Cone Mk16A (Nertea): 5m nose cone with White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
  •  New Coupling parts
    •    TD-50 Stack Decoupler (Nertea): 5m decoupler with White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    TS-50 Stack Separator (Nertea): 5m separator with White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    EP-12 Engine Plate (Andrew Cassidy): 1.25m engine plate with White, Orange, and Dark variants plus boattails
    •    EP-18 Engine Plate (Andrew Cassidy): 1.875m engine plate with White and Orange variants plus boattails. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    EP-25 Engine Plate (Andrew Cassidy): 2.5m engine plate with White and metal variants plus boattails. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    EP-37 Engine Plate (Andrew Cassidy): 3.75m engine plate with White and Orange variants plus boattails. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    EP-50 Engine Plate (Andrew Cassidy): 5m engine plate with White and Orange variants plus boattails. Disabled if Making History is installed
  • - New Payload parts
    •    AE-FF4 Airstream Protective Shell (5m):(Nertea): 5m fairing base with White, Black and White and Orange variants
  • - New Structural parts
    •    T-12 Structural Tube (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    T-18 Structural Tube (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    T-25 Structural Tube (Nertea): now has White and Metal variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    T-37 Structural Tube (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
    •    T-50 Structural Tube (Nertea): now has White and Orange variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
  •  New Wheel parts
    •    Rovemax Model S2-T (Andrew Cassidy): 90° rotated rover wheel for building tricycles
    •    Rovemax Model M0 (Andrew Cassidy): folding rover wheel. Disabled if Making History is installed
  •  Fixes and improvements
    •   Added nodes on the top of hemispherical tanks for easier attachement
    •   Fixed shrouds on Caravel's variants (#796)
    •  RE-137 'Schnauzer'Liquid Fuel Engine and RE-I2 "Caravel" Liquid Fuel Engine have had their manufacturer colours changed to Green-Grey/White (no gameplay effect) to match with the Saturn V parts and Galleon better. They also have new manufacturers and designations (Universal Paperclips)
    •   Adjusted MH hiding patch to apply to tech tree correctly and disable part testing contracts (#799)
    •   Adjusted configs for Caravel, Schnauzer to account for a bug Squad fixed in 1.9
    •   Fixed SkinnedMeshRenderer scaling for Caravel, Schnauzer (#800)
    •   Fixed an issue with the thrust transforms on the Cherenkov nuclear engine (#804)
    •   Fixed localization tag for Caravel's Tankbutt variant
    •   Reduced Caravel vacuum Isp to 265/320s from 285/340s, increased mass to 2.0t from 1.6t 

11 hours ago, GJNelson said:

Actually, I like it in the "Start" tech node. I use it as the control core for my early unmanned launches at the start in career mode. If you could leave a copy in the "Start" tech node, perhaps with limited capabilities that can be expanded on through development and research, I would love it. Having an unmanned control core at the start makes the early historic unmanned launch vehicles possible in game without any other mod needed.

The Science Container / Experiment Return Unit, is what I'm talking about. It's a part covered by Restock +. It is currently included in the "Start" tech node. It makes a great unmanned probe core for starting in career mode.

I second that. 

Ideally I'd see in it's place some very basic conical 0.625 part (say just 3 EC and internal antenna), so one could complete some early missions with sounding rockets made of those sweet 0.625 SRBs. 

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

It was sooner than you thought. ;) 

You can click on the screenshot above for the v1.1.0 Update Preview Gallery or find it here at this link: https://imgur.com/gallery/zPLd7Oa

I was stalking following the github workings watching it all come together, so I figured it was soon.  Nice to see Porkjet pop in a couple of months ago too.

Thanks for all the great work team!  I'm looking forward to the engine plates mostly.

Peace.

Could the Restock Team be any more awesome!?

Seriously, thank you for the blood, sweat, tears, time, and talent you all have put into making this one of the best mods available!

Edited by Rocketology
because I can't spell coorectly!

17 minutes ago, Mountain Parrot said:

there's a small texture problem inside the engine bell of the skipper (Latest Update)

Unfortunately that seems to have slipped in at the last minute without us realizing. I've posted about it on the Git Issue tracker here: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/issues/846#issuecomment-621471937 

Thanks for highlighting it to us.

7 hours ago, Nertea said:

Official 1.9.x release

• Rover wheels!
  •  New Wheel parts
    •    Rovemax Model S2-T (Andrew Cassidy): 90° rotated rover wheel for building tricycles

The number of times I wished I had this... I don't think I've been this excited for wheels since .19! 

What a great surprise; I haven't logged onto the forums in like a month and on the one day I idly decide to check there's a restock update the same morning. Thanks to the whole team for the work you continue to put into one of the best collabs in the community.