[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

16 hours ago, Nebulagoodies said:

Is the advanced grabbing unit supposed to be extended even when it is disarmed? I’m in 1.8.1 using the correct version of restock.

I't doesn't goes into a shroud, but if it's not moving at all, that would be a ''problem''

Here's a suggestion for a future Restock update, I don't know if it could be done.

Please add Dark variants to all the fuel tanks and fairings! It looks so badass!

And for the engine shrouds!

Please!

9 minutes ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

There are instructions some pages back on how to make it work in 1.10; you need to make a whitelist and an ignore list. I'm not sure what the ignore list does, but it might be a belt and braces situation.

If my understanding is correct, the whitelist tells KSP to load in the appropriate stock models and textures, while the ignorelist tells KSP to not use the restock models and textures for the parts.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:36 PM, Tonka Crash said:

It's trivial to revert to using the stock fairings with ReStock in 1.10. If you are going to use mods on newly updated versions of KSP you need to learn to work around problems until the mods can be fixed.  At least ReStock has a team actively trying to support this mod unlike many that have been abandoned over the years.

Create a whitelist file for the stock fairings.  This tell ReStock to load the the stock textures. Create a file somewhere under GameData ending in .restockwhitelist.  Mine is GameData/ZZZ_PersonalPatches/ZZZ.restockwhitelist and include:

Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/

Next add a patch to tell ReStock to ignore it's textures and use the stock parts.  Mine is GameData/ZZZ_PersonalPatches/RestockIgnore.cfg  

@PART[fairingSize1]:BEFORE[000_ReStock] { RestockIgnore = True }
@PART[fairingSize1p5]:BEFORE[000_ReStock] { RestockIgnore = True }
@PART[fairingSize2]:BEFORE[000_ReStock] { RestockIgnore = True }
@PART[fairingSize3]:BEFORE[000_ReStock] { RestockIgnore = True }
@PART[fairingSize4]:BEFORE[000_ReStock] { RestockIgnore = True }

This deals with the fairings ReStock replaces.  I haven't worried about the size0 fairing ReStockPlus adds or the NFLV fairings.  I don't use them frequently enough to worry about them yet.

How would I get the size0 fairing from restockplus working? It's not as simple as this method right because the texture is from restock itself?

24 minutes ago, TheDesertBoy said:

How would I get the size0 fairing from restockplus working? It's not as simple as this method right because the texture is from restock itself?

ALL modded fairings are broken in 1.10 if that hasn't been clear enough. The fixes I suggested are just turning off ReStock and reverting to the stock fairings that do work in 1.10, i.e. shutting off a broken parts where stock parts exist. 

If you insist on trying to implement a size0 fairing, I would try patching a known working stock model into the size 0 part config and scale it down.  I haven't tried this and I'm not interested in offering help to try working around unpatched bugs in 1.10.  I went back to 1.9 and will wait for 1.10.1 to come out.

On 7/26/2020 at 1:11 PM, Souptime said:

How exactly DO i crate the ignore and whitelist files? is there a download somewhere?

You open a text editor and write the path to the textures that you want to whitelist E.G Squad\Parts\Command\cupola\ksp_l_cupola_diff.dds.

Then save it as [INSERT NAME].restockwhitelist

Edited by kerbodog

Hi... l believe there is an issue with one of your mods... restock or restock +. When I have your mods enabled I cannot build fairings. The fairing never appears...the base is there but I cant construct the shell. As soon as I remove your mods it is back to normal and I can build the fairing shell. Just thought Id let you know :-) (It worked fine before latest patch as far as I know)

1 minute ago, Mynhardt Kitshoff said:

Hi... l believe there is an issue with one of your mods... restock or restock +. When I have your mods enabled I cannot build fairings. The fairing never appears...the base is there but I cant construct the shell. As soon as I remove your mods it is back to normal and I can build the fairing shell. Just thought Id let you know :-) (It worked fine before latest patch as far as I know)

This is a known problem. Modded fairings don't work in 1.10.

Also, 1.10.1 went live today. Here's one of the fixes regarding fairings:

Fix ModuleProceduralFairing to allow mod override of base transform name and null check.

Just a general reminder for everyone - now that 1.10.1 is out, we will work on the update. This does not mean the update is ready, and it does not mean the 1.9.x versions work in 1.10.1. In fact we have confirmed that this is not the case. Posts referencing this will be ignored, answered rudely and sarcastically or ridiculed depending on my mood. 

Edited by Nertea

14 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Posts referencing this will be ignored, answered rudely and sarcastically or ridiculed depending on my mood. 

Alright man :P Take your time with the update!

53 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Just a general reminder for everyone - now that 1.10.1 is out, we will work on the update. This does not mean the update is ready, and it does not mean the 1.9.x versions work in 1.10.1. In fact we have confirmed that this is not the case. Posts referencing this will be ignored. 

Seems fine by me. Just remove the "answered rudely and sarcastically or ridiculed" part and it's perfect. :wink:

Take your time with it :D

Edited by Sticky3002