[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

4 hours ago, AeroSky said:

I am seriously considering downloading this mod, but I'm just a little concerned about the asset blacklisting and whether it will do anything odd to my saves.

Can I suggest you do what I do before trying out new mods? Make a copy of the KSP folder! Download the mod to the original folder, and try it out with all your old saves. If you like it, keep it; if you don't like it, delete the original KSP folder (containing the new mod), and replace it with the copy. (Make sure to rename it back to KSP if the name changed when you made the copy.) You will then be back to exactly where you were before trying the new mod. Alternatively, if you like the mod but there are problems with old saves then keep the original folder for the modded version, and play your old saves in the duplicate folder.

I can recommend this mod - things look better, with very little (if any) impact on performance.

Have fun!

12 hours ago, softweir said:

Can I suggest you do what I do before trying out new mods? Make a copy of the KSP folder! Download the mod to the original folder, and try it out with all your old saves. If you like it, keep it; if you don't like it, delete the original KSP folder (containing the new mod), and replace it with the copy. (Make sure to rename it back to KSP if the name changed when you made the copy.) You will then be back to exactly where you were before trying the new mod. Alternatively, if you like the mod but there are problems with old saves then keep the original folder for the modded version, and play your old saves in the duplicate folder.

I can recommend this mod - things look better, with very little (if any) impact on performance.

Have fun!

I think I'm just gonna download it on my main KSP game since I'm planning to delete all my old saves anyway :)

Thanks for the help!

Amazing mod :) However, I can't figure out how to download it as the Spacedock link won't work for me. Ideas? 

EDIT: Hmm, this just happened - so probably website issue

Oh no!

SpaceDock isn't here.
We are most likely working on it. If this persits, send us the URL and code via
Matrix, IRC or Discord

You can also improve the sites reliability by donating here.

Code: cfcx

I'd better try that then.

Edited by Eleutherophile

20 hours ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

Hello everyone!

I have a question how can i use the stock real plume and with restock(not plus) i wanna use restock cuz it looks awesome but i prefer the stock real plume how do i do it so only the part textures will change but not real plume???

@BlackEyedPhantom, The solution will be fairly complex and will require knowledge of modifying MM patches and testing the configs to make sure that the plume that was designed for stock fit with the models and ReStock and that you choose the correct transform for the plume as those can change between Stock and ReStock.   As an alternative, you will probably want to check out Waterfall, that will be the eventual replacement of most plumes in parts pack and the configs are ready for ReStock.

10 hours ago, hemeac said:

@BlackEyedPhantom, The solution will be fairly complex and will require knowledge of modifying MM patches and testing the configs to make sure that the plume that was designed for stock fit with the models and ReStock and that you choose the correct transform for the plume as those can change between Stock and ReStock.   As an alternative, you will probably want to check out Waterfall, that will be the eventual replacement of most plumes in parts pack and the configs are ready for ReStock.

Ok thanks I'll try :)

I just noticed the same antennae part (HG-5 High Gain Antenna) is causing way, way more drag with restock installed compared to stock. Enclosing it with a fairing (AE-FF1 Airstream Protective Shell) is also apparently not working correctly with this mod installed - it does not eliminate its drag, while it works perfectly with stock.

Is this a known issue? I glanced at the issues page and didn't see it there.

Stock: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/802761730?t=0h52m4s Restock: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/802761730?t=0h59m49s

Edited by woodbyte

7 hours ago, woodbyte said:

I just noticed the same antennae part (HG-5 High Gain Antenna) is causing way, way more drag with restock installed compared to stock. Enclosing it with a fairing (AE-FF1 Airstream Protective Shell) is also apparently not working correctly with this mod installed - it does not eliminate its drag, while it works perfectly with stock.

Is this a known issue? I glanced at the issues page and didn't see it there.

Stock: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/802761730?t=0h52m4s Restock: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/802761730?t=0h59m49s

If it's not on GitHub we don't know about it, if you could make a report there that would be great.

40 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Am I attaching illuminator lights wrong or is it a bug that they turn 180 (?) degrees when switched on? It's all fine in the VAB, my rocket is illuminated nicely from the launch tower. But when I launch, they are turned into the wrong direction, until I hit "Base rotation".

The swively behaviour is kinda meh, courtesy of how stock handles it. You can disable it by deleting the patch which is part of RS+.

How might I go about cloning a part while only using a specific variant?

I am trying to change the MM patch for the reDIRECT SSME. By default, it uses the stock SSME model, but when I change it to use Restock's model, I get all the variants at once and a shroud that won't go away. Is there an easy way to fix that?

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

Am I attaching illuminator lights wrong or is it a bug that they turn 180 (?) degrees when switched on? It's all fine in the VAB, my rocket is illuminated nicely from the launch tower. But when I launch, they are turned into the wrong direction, until I hit "Base rotation".

42 minutes ago, Nertea said:

The swively behaviour is kinda meh, courtesy of how stock handles it. You can disable it by deleting the patch which is part of RS+.

In a KSP 1.10.1 Vanilla install with ReStock & RS+ 1.2.1 install with MM 4.1.4 I do not experience this same behaviour. When I toggle the Mk1 and Mk2 lights on and off the pivot animation does not play. This is with light in the default configuration, lights placed in the pivoted state and lights placed in both base and pivoted rotation states with varying deploy limits. I've also tested this without RS+ 1.2.1 also and the issue does not occur either, as expected.

infinite_monkey, could you provide me with your KSP.log file and Logs folder in the base game directory and confirm exactly what versions of ReStock & RS+ you're using and the behaviour that you're seeing and how to replicate it because I cannot.

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

In a KSP 1.10.1 Vanilla install with ReStock & RS+ 1.2.1 install with MM 4.1.4 I do not experience this same behaviour. When I toggle the Mk1 and Mk2 lights on and off the pivot animation does not play. This is with light in the default configuration, lights placed in the pivoted state and lights placed in both base and pivoted rotation states with varying deploy limits. I've also tested this without RS+ 1.2.1 also and the issue does not occur either, as expected.

infinite_monkey, could you provide me with your KSP.log file and Logs folder in the base game directory and confirm exactly what versions of ReStock & RS+ you're using and the behaviour that you're seeing and how to replicate it because I cannot.

I was experiencing something similar when I had Crew Light Relit installed. When I loaded a ship, either by launching it, switching to it, or coming into physics range of it, all the spotlights would flip around. Perhaps that could be the issue?

26 minutes ago, ForgiLaGeord said:

I was experiencing something similar when I had Crew Light Relit installed. When I loaded a ship, either by launching it, switching to it, or coming into physics range of it, all the spotlights would flip around. Perhaps that could be the issue?

Well, I do have Crew Light Relit installed...

@Poodmund ReStock and ReStock+ are Version 1.2.1. Let me know if you can reproduce the issue with Crew Light installed. If not, I'll provide logs and a sample vessel.

Edited by infinite_monkey

5 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

Fairings were fixed in KSP 1.10.1 so you need to use that not 1.10

I believe @Nertea said somewhere back in July, that he was going to wait for 1.10.1 to come out before working on it.

Found it!

On 7/15/2020 at 6:48 PM, Nertea said:

It's not coming to 1.10.0 because of the fairing bug. 

It will be coming to 1.10.1.

Sorry if this is obvious, but I checked the FAQ and can't figure out if craft files that use ReStock models can be dropped into a stock game. Off the top of my head I think the answer should be no, since CFG file info like specific impulse is stored in the craft files, but I'm not sure if that applies to models. Thanks!