[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

Hey, it seems like some restock plus engines don't show up in my game, I have no clue why that should happen and I haven't realized this until around 2 months of using the mod. 

Here's my log:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fmqopIVbOIR_Wx-5ARAfuj5iKrXDpdhn/view?usp=sharing

Additionally, I have no clue if this is restock plus or 1.11, but my "HG-5" retracting antenna is not there anymore. It does exist in the game, it just doesn't appear in the parts list

19 minutes ago, kerbalxploder said:

Hey, it seems like some restock plus engines don't show up in my game, I have no clue why that should happen and I haven't realized this until around 2 months of using the mod. 

Here's my log:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fmqopIVbOIR_Wx-5ARAfuj5iKrXDpdhn/view?usp=sharing

Additionally, I have no clue if this is restock plus or 1.11, but my "HG-5" retracting antenna is not there anymore. It does exist in the game, it just doesn't appear in the parts list

What engines? Your log doesn't have any load errors. 

Using this mod in 1.11 is unsupported.

20 hours ago, Nertea said:

What engines? Your log doesn't have any load errors. 

Using this mod in 1.11 is unsupported.

Here are some examples of engines that I dont see:

On 3/6/2019 at 3:20 AM, Nertea said:
  • RK-1 'Trash Panda' Vernier Engine (Nertea): 1.875m radial soyuz-like vernier engine, with Basic, Wide and Bare variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
  • RK-107 'Ursa' Liquid Fueled Engine (Nertea): 1.875m booster engine, with 1.875m, 1.875m (boattail), 1.25m, 1.25m (boattail) and compact variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
  • RE-137 'Schnauzer' Liquid Fuel Engine AJ10 (Nertea): 1.875m vacuum engine, with 2.5m, 1.875m, 1.25m and compact variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
  • RE-I2 'Caravel' Liquid Fuel Engine    (Nertea): 1.875m sustainer engine, with 2.5m, 1.875m, 1.25m and compact variants. Disabled if Making History is installed

Unless Im missing something, I don't see the listed engines here. By the way, it was the same in 1.10

img%5D

img%5D

Edited by kerbalxploder

2 minutes ago, kerbalxploder said:

Here are some examples of engines that I dont see:

Unless Im missing something, I don't see the listed engines here. By the way, it was the same in 1.10

Your parts list indicates you have Making History installed. Those engines you listed have a note next to them stating they are disabled when Making History is installed. Instead of separate engines, you get better-looking versions of the corresponding MH engines.

Just now, PocketBrotector said:

Your parts list indicates you have Making History installed. Those engines you listed have a note next to them stating they are disabled when Making History is installed. Instead of separate engines, you get better-looking versions of the corresponding MH engines.

Oh? How can I incorporate them into my game then?

1 minute ago, kerbalxploder said:

Oh? How can I incorporate them into my game then?

You probably don't want to, since they will appear identical to the Making History engines you already have installed. If you really insist, you could find the part config for each and delete "MHReplacement = True".

Just now, PocketBrotector said:

You probably don't want to, since they will appear identical to the Making History engines you already have installed. If you really insist, you could find the part config for each and delete "MHReplacement = True".

I will try and see what difference they will make and decide then, the MH engines and etc don't look right with all the other revamped parts. Thanks so much for your help

11 hours ago, Poodmund said:

There is no real need, Porkjet's plane parts are the aesthetical standard that ReStock was based on.

sorry I meant like an addition of parts like helicopter cockpits or medium sized airplane parts its just that using a space shuttle cockpit for planes seems a bit janky 

23 hours ago, kerbalxploder said:

Same problem with 1.11 and the HG-5 here.

47 minutes ago, stefsilver said:

sorry I meant like an addition of parts like helicopter cockpits or medium sized airplane parts its just that using a space shuttle cockpit for planes seems a bit janky 

It seems like you need MK2 Expansion and MK3 Expansion, that are based on that style(even reusing some models and textures).

@Nerteawould you ever consider adding you TMA from near future spacecraft to restock+ scaled and proportionate to the making history pea-pomagrantate pods? I feel like that squad gave us a third of what we need to make a proper soyuz and the the rocket to do so. Your TMA is perfect however rescale doesn't work on it (i am most certainly doing something wrong or incapable of making it work) and rescale on the pea-pomogrante pods looks awful to match your TMA pod. If this is has been requested or brought up before I am prepared to receive the requisite flogging. However since you already have the assets and quite possibly are the most amazing modder ever, and we dont deserve your grace, you might consider editing it and adding it. Many thanks. 

13 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

@Nerteawould you ever consider adding you TMA from near future spacecraft to restock+ scaled and proportionate to the making history pea-pomagrantate pods? I feel like that squad gave us a third of what we need to make a proper soyuz and the the rocket to do so. Your TMA is perfect however rescale doesn't work on it (i am most certainly doing something wrong or incapable of making it work) and rescale on the pea-pomogrante pods looks awful to match your TMA pod. If this is has been requested or brought up before I am prepared to receive the requisite flogging. However since you already have the assets and quite possibly are the most amazing modder ever, and we dont deserve your grace, you might consider editing it and adding it. Many thanks. 

No, probably not. Better place to start would be Tantares, no?

Just now, Nertea said:

No, probably not. Better place to start would be Tantares, no?

I know its blasphemy but i am not a fan of tantares. I want a kerbal look as well as I like keeping my part count down. We have the ability to make an R7 rocket and vostok rockets. But there isn't a mod that I have found atleast that is just a kerbalized TMA. Especially since with making history we essentially have THREE TMA orbital modules. A TMA service module is easy enough to make stock but I figured your TMA would be perfect. No worries though, thank you for all of your mods. They really fill almost all of my KSP gaps. Best Wishes. 

4 hours ago, sp1989 said:

I know its blasphemy but i am not a fan of tantares. I want a kerbal look as well as I like keeping my part count down. We have the ability to make an R7 rocket and vostok rockets. But there isn't a mod that I have found atleast that is just a kerbalized TMA. Especially since with making history we essentially have THREE TMA orbital modules. A TMA service module is easy enough to make stock but I figured your TMA would be perfect. No worries though, thank you for all of your mods. They really fill almost all of my KSP gaps. Best Wishes. 

Funny you should mention that cause I'm actually working on a a couple retextures of Tantares' and BDB's parts to better match a more cleaner (overly detailed) modern aesthetic that falls pretty closely in line with Nertea's restock so stay tuned for that my dude.

11 hours ago, sp1989 said:

THREE TMA orbital modules

They aren't. They are descent modules of early Soviet spacecraft Vostok and Voskhod, used by Gagarin(first spaceflight) and Leonov(first EVA), the inflatable airlock is for that too. And Well made them great. No Soyuz bits here, use Tantares for that, it matches Restock style seamlessly.

Edited by Hohmannson
Author fixed

2 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

They aren't. They are descent modules of early Soviet spacecraft Vostok and Voskhod, used by Gagarin(first spaceflight) and Leonov(first EVA), the inflatable airlock is for that too. And Nertea made them great. No Soyuz bits here, use Tantares for that, it matches Restock style seamlessly.

Just for clarity, @Well was the brilliant artist who did the work for the Spherical Capsule parts. You can find out who did each part by looking in the configs under the 'author' parameter.

7 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

They aren't. They are descent modules of early Soviet spacecraft Vostok and Voskhod, used by Gagarin(first spaceflight) and Leonov(first EVA), the inflatable airlock is for that too. And Well made them great. No Soyuz bits here, use Tantares for that, it matches Restock style seamlessly.

Of course.  But to be fair if you’re building a stock TMA Soyuz, they do function very well at creating a stock Soyuz.