[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

@Nertea - sorry, might have been a false alarm. I use MandatoryRCS for so long that I forgot how far in the tech tree RCS' are supposed to be. Since you changed parts names (or is it Squad?), MandatoryRCS patches don't work now. So regardless of this exceptions all RCS parts may be where they are supposed to be in 1.10. However, I switched to 1.11 now and kinda too lazy to switch back just to check it. 

I do however have a problem with that linear RCS. Once you place it you can't select that damned thing. Multi nozzle RCS is OK.  

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

21 minutes ago, BTAxis said:

I'm noticing an issue with various plane related parts on KSP 1.10.1 with ReStock 1.3:

gRKbo0f.jpg

These are the only parts I've seen with this issue so far, there might be others.

Restock 1.3 has been made compatible for KSP 1.11. Mods are generally not retrocompatible, so you'll need to download a version for KSP 1.10.1, which is ReStock 1.2.1. You can find it on SpaceDock under the changelog tab.

On 1/21/2021 at 2:16 PM, Alex6511 said:

Hey, does anyone else notice this problem with the bottom node on the Mk3 pod?

9qxbRnp.png

It's hard to tell but it seems like the top of the fuel tank is slightly inside the pod, it's more obvious with things like decouplers in-game.

WKMUedl.png

Is this intended?

IIRC, this is something that stock does to make the heat shield fit nicely, and restock does the same thing in order to not deviate from stock form. 

8 hours ago, KawaiiLucy said:

Restock 1.3 has been made compatible for KSP 1.11. Mods are generally not retrocompatible, so you'll need to download a version for KSP 1.10.1, which is ReStock 1.2.1. You can find it on SpaceDock under the changelog tab.

Well yes, that's what I did, but the CKAN metadata has Restock 1.3 as compatible with KSP 1.10.1, and so I get the update every time I update my installed mods. If it's not compatible with 1.10.1, then the metadata should probably be changed.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:32 PM, JebIsDeadBaby said:

@Nertea - sorry, might have been a false alarm. I use MandatoryRCS for so long that I forgot how far in the tech tree RCS' are supposed to be. Since you changed parts names (or is it Squad?), MandatoryRCS patches don't work now. So regardless of this exceptions all RCS parts may be where they are supposed to be in 1.10. However, I switched to 1.11 now and kinda too lazy to switch back just to check it. 

I do however have a problem with that linear RCS. Once you place it you can't select that damned thing. Multi nozzle RCS is OK.  

@Nertea, I see the same problem with the Place Anywhere 1.  I thought maybe the attachment point was placed too deep, but it's unselectable even if dropped into empty space.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:23 PM, HardlS said:

Why chutes arent working?There are no them in stages.

I'm not sure what the issue is.  I attached all five chute styles to a craft and they appear to have stage icons.  I launched said craft and popped them all without problems.

EDIT: Added an Issue on GitHub.

Edited by KSPrynk

Another selection issue - This probably wasn't a problem before we could repair solar panels, but the Gigantor XL solar panels can't be selected once they're broken. Found this out on one of those new "repair a satellite" contracts. You should be able to reproduce this be making a craft with the Gigantor panels extended, ramming a Kerbal through the panel, observing that the panels are still attached for some reason (?), quicksaving + loading to fix the panels' broken state, and then trying to click on the nub left behind.

Can you please make a "Texture Pack" that makes the Restock+ parts match the stock models instead of the Restock Models? I understand if you don't want to, especially since you're technically doing this for free... If I had the money I would definitely support y'all, but sadly I can't at the moment.

Additionally, is there a video tutorial on how to restore stock parts? I am confused on the part with creating a whitelist file.

Edited by RedRoyal25

2 hours ago, RedRoyal25 said:

Can you please make a "Texture Pack" that makes the Restock+ parts match the stock models instead of the Restock Models?

That kinda defeats the point. The textures wouldn’t work on the stock models, and the Restock ones fit together much more intelligently. 

32 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

That kinda defeats the point. The textures wouldn’t work on the stock models, and the Restock ones fit together much more intelligently. 

I guess the better word would be Model, not Texture, and the point was so the Restock+ would still look good if you disable the restock textures. 

3 hours ago, RedRoyal25 said:

Can you please make a "Texture Pack" that makes the Restock+ parts match the stock models instead of the Restock Models? I understand if you don't want to, especially since you're technically doing this for free... If I had the money I would definitely support y'all, but sadly I can't at the moment.

Additionally, is there a video tutorial on how to restore stock parts? I am confused on the part with creating a whitelist file.

What you are looking for is the Making History DLC and also the Missing History mod.  That will cover most of what you are looking for in Stock Textures.

Peace.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:30 PM, KSPrynk said:

@Nertea, I see the same problem with the Place Anywhere 1.  I thought maybe the attachment point was placed too deep, but it's unselectable even if dropped into empty space.

@Nertea, I've caught another RCS bug.  The RV-1X-A (quad angled mini) has the same thruster power as the much larger RV-105-A and RV-105.  The RV-1X (regular quad mini) seems to be scaled appropriate at 1/10th thrust power.  In the VAB part properties, the RV-1X has a Thruster Power of 0.1, but the RV-1X-A (same mass as RV-1X) has a Thruster Power of 1.0.  Not sure how to explain it, as "restock-rcs-block-quad-mini-1.cfg" and "restock-rcs-block-quad-angled-mini-1.cfg" both have the same thrusterPower = 0.25.

I'm not sure how the calculations in the properties are getting calculated, but I confirmed it in flight and with RCS Build Aid, that the RV-1X-A has the same thrust as the RV-105-A and RV-105, and the RV-1X has one tenth the thrust of either.

The Place Anywhere 1 (the part that's unselectable after drop or placement) seems to match the thrust displayed in its properties (0.2), as confirmed by RCS Build Aid.  The Place Anywhere 7 seems to match its listed thrust as well.

I'll drop another issue on GitHub.

MORE: Tried out the quads switched to 3-way configurations.  Same result.

Edited by KSPrynk
typo

On 1/22/2021 at 9:12 AM, KawaiiLucy said:

I am in love with the new escape tower junior, but may I suggest to add, just like it's senior version, a version that fits on the docking port jr? Except if it has already been ruled out of course.

Just offset it downwards, the collider is designed for it. I couldn’t add a variant for it because the part already uses the variant switcher for colors

3 hours ago, HardlS said:

ooohh, i dont know why my chutes arent working.

We don't either:sticktongue:.

More details about the problem would be helpful; perhaps a picture to illustrate the issue?  See the link in my sig block for some suggestions on how to report a problem.  Following these will definitely aid the diagnosis.

Why do you think this is a Restock problem?

5 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Just a FYI, we were about to drop a bugfix release but guess what, 1.11.1 actually includes new revamps and adds more things we have to do so that's not happening.

Super awesome. 

Oh man, will this ever stop?

Thanks for all the work tho, it is much appreciated.

going through 1.11.1 now, and I'm finding a couple little things here and there - nothing huge.

• the Place Anywhere 1 Linear RCS Port (the small single one) has literally no hitbox. I cannot move or select it once placed.
  • the new Mk1 and Mk2 Illuminator revamps override Restock's.

that's all I've got, good luck. Thanks for all you do.

28 minutes ago, wisdomsavingthrow said:

going through 1.11.1 now, and I'm finding a couple little things here and there - nothing huge.

• the Place Anywhere 1 Linear RCS Port (the small single one) has literally no hitbox. I cannot move or select it once placed.
  • the new Mk1 and Mk2 Illuminator revamps override Restock's.

that's all I've got, good luck. Thanks for all you do.

Update: I think this issue with the RCS might just be an innate issue with Restock, not to do with 1.11.1 - it was the same in my 1.11.0 backup, just checked.