[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

5 hours ago, Nertea said:

That's a problem for RealPlume and Waterfall, not restock. 

Just to be extra clear on this, issues with Waterfall-Restock (the configurations) posted on the forum instead of GitHub should be in the Waterfall thread, not the Restock thread?

21 minutes ago, Silent1_87 said:

before restock with real plume rcs puffs well was real now after restock  install  rcs puffs are  just a smoke line . do i need to do somthing?

Can you get a screenshot?

Also make sure you’re on the right version. 

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

Sadly for some reason i cant upload pics to imgur it always ended with error

and everything is in latest version. 

strange thing is makin history pods internal rcs puffs are good expanding smoke like before .(realplume style)

Edited by Silent1_87

I encountered a weird event and I'm going to start asking here, but I'm not certain if its a Restock or KSP or some other mod problem.  Playing a JNSQ career, and I started testing using a KV-2 Pea pod.  While performing launch abort tests, I was getting some strange results (see this post).   My working theory was that something had increased the drag on the KV-2 and the LES just wasn't able to pull it away due to drag, which was also causing the weird behavior (cleaner rocket body pushing the draggier pod).  I swapped out a larger LES tower, and it seemed to work, so I decided to go ahead with an orbital flight test.   All went well, and my KV-2 atop a 1.25m upper stage entered a 160km orbit.  Then performed a deorbit burn, putting Pe at about 30km & staged the KV-2 away from the upper stage.   They started drifting away like normal, till some time during reentry I noticed my upper stage remained 177m above the pod during the entire reentry, no parts of the spent upper stage were destroyed during reentry and when the pod's parachute deployed, the upper stage drifted out to 218m, then 430m after splash down.  And the spent stage STAYED 430m above the splashed down pod.  Has anyone encountered this or have any ideas?         Thanks in advance

Descending:

eJdNYnUh.png?1

Splashed down, with the camera zoomed out and looking down at the pod & the debris 400m above it floating in mid-air

6W0qzT3h.png?1

Great Mod! Thank you! :)

I'm thinking  about to install Restock+ as well. But is it reasonably integratet in career mode?  It should not make it easier or brake it somehow. I also have Making History and Breaking Ground installed.

Is it possible to install or deinstall Restock+ anytime during a career without breaking it?

1 hour ago, Kerbaderp said:

Great Mod! Thank you! :)

I'm thinking  about to install Restock+ as well. But is it reasonably integratet in career mode?  It should not make it easier or brake it somehow. I also have Making History and Breaking Ground installed.

Is it possible to install or deinstall Restock+ anytime during a career without breaking it?

Yes it is possible but be aware that active vessels who are using parts of this pack are deleted too.

1 hour ago, Kerbaderp said:

with just Restock, you can uninstall without severe problems, but uninstalling Restock+ will be like any other parts mod, you will lose all craft that use its parts. and won't be able to load craft files with Restock+ parts.

14 hours ago, lookolookthefox said:

The tangerine module does not have an IVA for me, is this on purpose or a known bug? or should i check my install. I don't have making history installed and i do have breaking ground. I'm playing on a heavily modified 1.11 save

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/163863-how-to-get-support/

So I just downloaded Restock and Restock+. I also have both of the DLCs installed. (on steam) However I still have duplicates of the Making History parts. I tried reinstalling Restock+ and tried deleting then reinstalling the squad and squad expansions folders. However neither of those worked. Is there a way to manually disable the MH parts?

EDIT: Did a clean install of KSP and it fixed itself. Absolutory love the mod as well

Edited by Dfthu

On 3/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, lookolookthefox said:

The tangerine module does not have an IVA for me, is this on purpose or a known bug? or should i check my install. I don't have making history installed and i do have breaking ground. I'm playing on a heavily modified 1.11 save

They use the MH IVAs until such time as people are willing to devote the time to make brand new ones. We can't ship the MH ones in this mod for obvious reasons. 

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

They use the MH IVAs until such time as people are willing to devote the time to make brand new ones. We can't ship the MH ones in this mod for obvious reasons. 

Thanks for the response! I figured it wasn't a bug as I was really scratching my head on what could've caused it.

I know this has been asked before but i can't seem to find it looking at the older messages, but i have restock+ and i want to check out BDB's engines but have gotten really used to and like the restock textures so i was just wondering if i can use BDB while still using restock? Thanks for your time.

8 minutes ago, JSlone said:

I know this has been asked before but i can't seem to find it looking at the older messages, but i have restock+ and i want to check out BDB's engines but have gotten really used to and like the restock textures so i was just wondering if i can use BDB while still using restock? Thanks for your time.

Yeah.  You can. 

46 minutes ago, JSlone said:

BDB doesn't use stock assets, so you'll be perfectly fine. Same goes for any other mod. Restock only touches stock parts and nothing else.

I'm actually confused as to why you think these two completely separate mods may conflict with each other.

1 hour ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

BDB doesn't use stock assets, so you'll be perfectly fine. Same goes for any other mod. Restock only touches stock parts and nothing else.

I'm actually confused as to why you think these two completely separate mods may conflict with each other.

I guess i just misunderstood what BDB was, i thought it changed stock elements as well as add some, my bad! :/  Thanks for clearing it up for me tho guys! Sorry i's newb. lol

Hello! Love the mod a ton, I've an issue where the FL-A5 and FL-A10 adapters turn invisible upon placement in the VAB though - a workaround is to place the adapter on a non-root part, delete said part, and ctrl+z to make the adapter reappear. Anyone else experience this?