[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

On 3/18/2021 at 2:33 PM, EnderKid2 said:

Not quite sure when this happened, but the floodlight and perhaps the spotlight are back to their stock model, and all the floodlights on all my ships got turned around 180 degrees.

Which version of KSP, and which version of Restock?

11 minutes ago, ZinkBot said:

Can you please make a version that doesn't add any new parts?  I want to use this mod but I still want my ships to be stock.

Restock doesn't add any parts, it just improves the textures of the stock parts.

Do not confuse with Restock + , which add a couple of useful parts but is an optional part of restock.

On 3/21/2021 at 12:31 AM, N9vaivie said:

Hello! Love the mod a ton, I've an issue where the FL-A5 and FL-A10 adapters turn invisible upon placement in the VAB though - a workaround is to place the adapter on a non-root part, delete said part, and ctrl+z to make the adapter reappear. Anyone else experience this?

not exactly, but I have had a similar problem, likely from the same source though. a lot of times (I haven't really paid enough attention to notice a pattern) I will place a part and it would be perfectly visible and everything, however when it is the root part and I open it's menu, it will turn invisible when my cursor is hovering over the menu. when I move my cursor away from the menu it reappears. this makes changing the variant kinda annoying because you have to move your cursor if you wanna see how it looks

17 hours ago, DanDucky said:

Is there a way to make a config of sorts so that there is a variation of a part that is stock so that you can also use mods like TURD and TU? It would be a great addition if it is easy enough

I would love some pointers on this too! I can't quite seem to get the module manager patch right. 

Hey. I requested that you put brake discs on landing gears that heat up when we brake. And there ware some problems with applying this. Well here are some ideas that may work.

So first was when and how will this be applied. Well can it be done that when we engage the brakes wait for like a sec and the brakes turn red. 

Second. I get that the previous way may cause some problems like hot discs when stationary but brakes engaged. So is it possible to detect when wheels are spinning then when the brakes are on wait for like a second and start heating up. And turning (relatively quickly) from red to orange and bright yellow. And when stopped this effect reverses but slower (aka cooling discs)?

And third when we turn the slider of the brake power will have an effect on the speed of heating (or in other words for example 50% brakes = 2sec to turn red, 2 more to orange and so on but gradually changing color. 100% 1.5sec to change and 1sec for 200%)

Is this possible? 

I have donwloaded this mod and im IN LOVE with all the replacements, they look so cripst and detailed!. The extra parts added in Restock+ are amazing too, I hope I can use the small probes and rockets in a future Unkerballed playtrough.

I want to download your other mod with stockalike station parts, but I have a question: In that mod you replace ther "3 stock station components" with similar (but better) ones. Does this mod overrides those replacements?

2 minutes ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

I want to download your other mod with stockalike station parts, but I have a question: In that mod you replace ther "3 stock station components" with similar (but better) ones. Does this mod overrides those replacements?

It’s the same replacement :)

The mods work flawlessly together. 

On 4/10/2021 at 6:30 PM, DanDucky said:

Is there a way to make a config of sorts so that there is a variation of a part that is stock so that you can also use mods like TURD and TU? It would be a great addition if it is easy enough

yea, there is a way, if you look in the firs post and click on the link on restoring parts it will be there, however limo the instructions are lackluster and i have tried before and failed

Edit: also, if you change the configs they will revert the moment you update the mod if you use CKAN. Can you move the configs outside the restock folder?

Edited by RedRoyal25

2 hours ago, RedRoyal25 said:

ea, there is a way, if you look in the firs post and click on the link on restoring parts it will be there, however limo the instructions are lackluster and i have tried before and failed

Edit: also, if you change the configs they will revert the moment you update the mod if you use CKAN. Can you move the configs outside the restock folder?

yeah, I know how to do that, I just wanted to know how to make it an option in game, so if I want to use TURD I can turn off restock for a part but have another one of the same part be using restock

7 hours ago, DanDucky said:

yeah, I know how to do that, I just wanted to know how to make it an option in game, so if I want to use TURD I can turn off restock for a part but have another one of the same part be using restock

I'd love to have this option, too -- but since TURD is based on the vanilla parts, it may not work universally well.  A lousy, but reasonable option could be to create copies of the TURD-covered parts (was that pun intended? You be the judge...) that overlap with RS (a few fins and such...) using an MM config  so that TU can apply its features to those new parts, and leave the stock ones alone for ReStock to overwrite/add variants to?

Not sure the MM-fu required to intercept the parts and make sure TU gets a separate set. Possibly need to change TURD's configs.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:05 PM, BlackEyedPhantom said:

Hey. I requested that you put brake discs on landing gears that heat up when we brake. And there ware some problems with applying this. Well here are some ideas that may work.

So first was when and how will this be applied. Well can it be done that when we engage the brakes wait for like a sec and the brakes turn red. 

Second. I get that the previous way may cause some problems like hot discs when stationary but brakes engaged. So is it possible to detect when wheels are spinning then when the brakes are on wait for like a second and start heating up. And turning (relatively quickly) from red to orange and bright yellow. And when stopped this effect reverses but slower (aka cooling discs)?

And third when we turn the slider of the brake power will have an effect on the speed of heating (or in other words for example 50% brakes = 2sec to turn red, 2 more to orange and so on but gradually changing color. 100% 1.5sec to change and 1sec for 200%)

Is this possible? 

Aaand here goes my suggestion. Crushed under other ppls ones.

1 hour ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

Aaand here goes my suggestion. Crushed under other ppls ones.

This game features lightweight electric-powered rover wheels, that don’t even use traditional brake disks in their construction. I have a hard time imagining how glowing hot disks would be possible, considering what the wheels are designed for...

2 hours ago, lemon cup said:

This game features lightweight electric-powered rover wheels, that don’t even use traditional brake disks in their construction. I have a hard time imagining how glowing hot disks would be possible, considering what the wheels are designed for...

Yea not the wheels just the landing gears they do use brake discs. Also i was imagining not really the discs themselves but rather glowing texture inside the gear wheel. No need of any fancy disc texture since in real life they are just that. "Glowing wheel".

58 minutes ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

Yea not the wheels just the landing gears they do use brake discs. Also i was imagining not really the discs themselves but rather glowing texture inside the gear wheel. No need of any fancy disc texture since in real life they are just that. "Glowing wheel".

Doh! Forgot aircraft wheels even existed! :awe:yeah that would definitely make sense, though I don’t believe Nertea has any plans to touch aircraft parts.

33 minutes ago, NotMyProblem said:

I wish Restock+ has a Raptor like engine...

15 minutes ago, NiL said:

Near Future Launch Vehicles by Nertea has it

Actually, that would be CryoEngines now. :wink: Lots of revamped hydrogen and methane-powered engines there. The  old versions were removed from NFLV.