[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

2 hours ago, Frostiken said:

@Nertea - Missing history and Restock have a minor conflict, you end up with two Valiant engines.

Should I just dump Missing History altogether? 

I went into Missing History and deleted the Engine folder from the PorkjetParts folder.  No particular rationale for one over the other, although they do have slightly different performance stats.

Edited by KSPrynk

@Frostiken, just a heads up, there seems to be a ReStock conflict with RealPlumeStock (dev pull version #81, from the OP, to include ReStock) patches for Missing History.  It's particularly noticeable on the LV-T30 Reliant and T45 Swivel engines - the engine plumes appear to originate at the throats of the new ReStock models and pass through the nozzle walls.  The easy fix seems to be to delete the MH patches for those engines (not sure why MH has patches for T30 and T45...) in RealPlumeStock, if you're using ReStock.

I'm not sure what kind of Boolean check logic can resolve this automatically, either for players who want to keep both sets of Porkjet type engines, or those (like me) that remove just those engines from MH and use ReStock's.

Edited by KSPrynk

@Nertea If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to have the emissives/lenses on the lights change color with the actual light color? It looks a little odd when the light being cast is red, but the emissive texture is the standard white. Just a cosmetic thing, not a huge deal. This is some phenomenal work, and I look forward to seeing more.

29 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Nertea If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to have the emissives/lenses on the lights change color with the actual light color? It looks a little odd when the light being cast is red, but the emissive texture is the standard white. Just a cosmetic thing, not a huge deal. This is some phenomenal work, and I look forward to seeing more.

There's luckily already a mod (as it's a stock problem) for that which also work with Restock.

Edited by Nertea

7 hours ago, Nertea said:

There's luckily already a mod (as it's a stock problem) for that which also work with Restock.

Thanks. I thought I had this installed already. New question: Any recommended rover mods that work well with Restock?

On 3/23/2019 at 1:56 AM, Eridan said:

Note that any changes you make will revert every time ReStock updates.

EDIT: making a custom.cfg somewhere in your GameData folder with the following would be a more permanent fix (?)

@PART[mk1-3pod]:BEFORE[ReStock]:NEEDS[SDHI]
{
 	@name = mk1-3pod-sdhi
}

@PART[mk1-3pod-sdhi]:AFTER[ReStock]:NEEDS[SDHI]
{
	@name = mk1-3pod
}

Thank you, I was looking to fix this exact issue--unfortunately, this particular code doesn't work for a custom configuration file to fix the issue. I'll try the change to ReStock instead. 

EDIT: The previous post's edit didn't work either--it leaves the Mk1-3 command pod invisible except for the additional feature added by SDHI (the umbilical port). Huh. I can't imagine what other mod might be causing that, aside from a change to SDHI. Blacklisting was the way to go, fortunately that worked. I do very much like what you did with the pod's appearance, it's extremely slick, but SDHI functionality (and the Mk1-3 pod working alongside existing builds) is more important for me. 

Edited by Synthesis

Definitely one of my absolute favourite mods. I'll be sure to leave a donation so you guys don't disappear. KSP mod developers seem to get kidnapped sadly. :(

I use a mod called integrated rcs, the plume from them it very different and weird than the plume from restock. What is that about? How can that be fixed?

On 7/6/2019 at 9:56 PM, KSPrynk said:

@Frostiken, just a heads up, there seems to be a ReStock conflict with RealPlumeStock (dev pull version #81, from the OP, to include ReStock) patches for Missing History.  It's particularly noticeable on the LV-T30 Reliant and T45 Swivel engines - the engine plumes appear to originate at the throats of the new ReStock models and pass through the nozzle walls.  The easy fix seems to be to delete the MH patches for those engines (not sure why MH has patches for T30 and T45...) in RealPlumeStock, if you're using ReStock.

I'm not sure what kind of Boolean check logic can resolve this automatically, either for players who want to keep both sets of Porkjet type engines, or those (like me) that remove just those engines from MH and use ReStock's.

When in doubt, I would just delete the "SQUAD" folder in the real plume stock config folder.  ReStock has pretty good plumes for their own engines so you wouldn't be missing much.  

Edited by Galland1998

On 7/15/2019 at 11:25 AM, Mr.DingALing said:

Can't think of KSP without ReStock. Is it compatible with Textures Unlimited?

I love this steak! Grilled to perfection and delicately seasoned...can someone please pass me the tabasco sauce?   :P 

Edited by Tyko

On 7/14/2019 at 4:52 PM, sibaar said:

Definitely one of my absolute favourite mods. I'll be sure to leave a donation so you guys don't disappear. KSP mod developers seem to get kidnapped sadly. :(

I use a mod called integrated rcs, the plume from them it very different and weird than the plume from restock. What is that about? How can that be fixed?

They would need to adapt to using our plumes, which isn't hard but would require some work. 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:25 AM, Mr.DingALing said:

Can't think of KSP without ReStock. Is it compatible with Textures Unlimited?

It works in the sense that if you install them together nothing bad will probably happen. But if you want to convert all the restock work to a new shader model, you will need to do work yourself. 

The engine plume from the LV-T30 Reliant engine in game looks to be starting a good distance behind the nozzle. Is this due to a problem or conflict caused by the Real Plume patches for Missing History mod for the LV-T30 Reliant engine?

Update: Ok, that doesn't seem to be the problem.

LV-T30 Reliant

Nor sure why I'm getting this. Any help would be appreciated. I can supply any info needed to assist. At least it's just a visual problem I suppose.

Update 2: Just noticed @Galland1998 reply post above after re-reading it. I'll try... "When in doubt, I would just delete the "SQUAD" folder in the real plume stock config folder.  ReStock has pretty good plumes for their own engines so you wouldn't be missing much."

Update 3: Not sure I should try that, or whether it would apply to my "problem".

Update 4: Ok, I got brave, or desperate, and remove the liquidEngine.cfg file from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RealPlume-Stock\Squad folder and the engine plume for the LV-T30 looks fairly close to normal now. I don't use the Missing History mod, so I guess the engine now uses the combined cfg of the Real Plume mod, Restock mod, and the stock cfg for the engine.

Edited by GJNelson

4 hours ago, GJNelson said:

The engine plume from the LV-T30 Reliant engine in game looks to be starting a good distance behind the nozzle. Is this due to a problem or conflict caused by the Real Plume patches for Missing History mod for the LV-T30 Reliant engine?

Update: Ok, that doesn't seem to be the problem.

LV-T30 Reliant

Nor sure why I'm getting this. Any help would be appreciated. I can supply any info needed to assist. At least it's just a visual problem I suppose.

Update 2: Just noticed @Galland1998 reply post above after re-reading it. I'll try... "When in doubt, I would just delete the "SQUAD" folder in the real plume stock config folder.  ReStock has pretty good plumes for their own engines so you wouldn't be missing much."

Update 3: Not sure I should try that, or whether it would apply to my "problem".

Update 4: Ok, I got brave, or desperate, and remove the liquidEngine.cfg file from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RealPlume-Stock\Squad folder and the engine plume for the LV-T30 looks fairly close to normal now. I don't use the Missing History mod, so I guess the engine now uses the combined cfg of the Real Plume mod, Restock mod, and the stock cfg for the engine.

If you ever find yourself wondering what patches (and in what order) get applied to parts, open the modulemanager log or the KSP output log and do a search for the part in question :)

Especially when multiple patches affect a specific part this can help track down who changes what. 

4 hours ago, Jognt said:

If you ever find yourself wondering what patches (and in what order) get applied to parts, open the modulemanager log or the KSP output log and do a search for the part in question :)

Especially when multiple patches affect a specific part this can help track down who changes what. 

Cool, I did not know that. Thanks for the info!

2 hours ago, thelostburrito said:

hey im having a problem. I downloaded restock+ and none of the stock parts are being blacklisted. i downloaded the mods through ckan. Is there a way to fix the problem? I also dont have any dlcs

Do you mean “they’re not in the blacklist file” or “they show up next to the ReStock parts”?

10 hours ago, Jognt said:

Do you mean “they’re not in the blacklist file” or “they show up next to the ReStock parts”?

They showed up next to the parts

Edit: I fixed the issue I had to verify the integrity of the ksp files through steam. Sorry

Edited by thelostburrito
Fixed the issue