Jump to content

[1.11.1] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (KSP 1.11, Jan 31)


Recommended Posts

Hey, just wanted to send a thanks for all the work all y'all on the team do, and a pre-emptive thanks to combat the inevitable "Where's the 1.11 update!!!" that should start any minute now.  For my own experience at the moment, Restock and Restock+ are working fine with 1.11 - the stock RCS block has the option to switch (but can't, since Restock doesn't recognize the new variants), but that was expected, and Restock+ makes up for it in the meantime. Nothing else is amiss, so I can keep chugging along happily with my modded save :D

EDIT: Just found another 1.11 incompatibility, just a small one - the new lights system means that the Illuminator Mk1 and Mk2 lights don't animate properly, so the part itself remains 'dark' even when the light is on. Noting it here in case anyone else has the same issue - not adding it to the Issue Tracker since it's a new version thing, just a little thing to tweak in the eventual compatibility update.

EDIT 2: the Mk2 illuminator is stuck in the 'on' position, while the Mk1 is stuck 'off' as shown below. the actual light works, the part animation is just busted.

screenshot319.png

Edited by wisdomsavingthrow
updating with new information
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 7:16 PM, wisdomsavingthrow said:

Hey, just wanted to send a thanks for all the work all y'all on the team do, and a pre-emptive thanks to combat the inevitable "Where's the 1.11 update!!!" that should start any minute now.  For my own experience at the moment, Restock and Restock+ are working fine with 1.11 - the stock RCS block has the option to switch (but can't, since Restock doesn't recognize the new variants), but that was expected, and Restock+ makes up for it in the meantime. Nothing else is amiss, so I can keep chugging along happily with my modded save :D

EDIT: Just found another 1.11 incompatibility, just a small one - the new lights system means that the Illuminator Mk1 and Mk2 lights don't animate properly, so the part itself remains 'dark' even when the light is on. Noting it here in case anyone else has the same issue - not adding it to the Issue Tracker since it's a new version thing, just a little thing to tweak in the eventual compatibility update.

EDIT 2: the Mk2 illuminator is stuck in the 'on' position, while the Mk1 is stuck 'off' as shown below. the actual light works, the part animation is just busted.

 

To add to this, same lights on/off issue with small landing gear - always "on" even if not emitting lights. Unsure about other landing gear as I'm at the start of career!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BrunoViking said:

Small bug: When you place a restock part into a cargo container the part comes back to its old texture. You can see a image of the bug bellow:2020-12-18.png?psid=1&width=1041&height=585

That's just likely a stock bug; parts with variants in general, of which restock has lots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

That's just likely a stock bug; parts with variants in general, of which restock has lots.

It's not a bug so much as a consequence of how KSP is handling inventory images now. The images for parts a pre-rendered, so restock would need to replace the stock thumbnails with restock versions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TBenz said:

It's not a bug so much as a consequence of how KSP is handling inventory images now. The images for parts a pre-rendered, so restock would need to replace the stock thumbnails with restock versions. 

I might have been misunderstanding -- if it's just the cosmetic icon as displayed rather than the actual part itself variant stored.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2020 at 5:04 PM, TheDesertBoy said:

To add to this, same lights on/off issue with small landing gear - always "on" even if not emitting lights. Unsure about other landing gear as I'm at the start of career!

Confirming this - all the deployable gear has the same issue. Each one shown is 'off', stuck in the 'on' position animation-wise.screenshot14.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wisdomsavingthrow said:

Confirming this - all the deployable gear has the same issue. Each one shown is 'off', stuck in the 'on' position animation-wise.screenshot14.png

We don't patch these parts at all. Suspect this is a stock bug with 1.11.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RP1IsSuperior said:

Hi, lovely mod! Just some questions. I want to use a few parts from restock, but everything else to be stock. Is there another less tedious process either than adding the part to the MM patch for every single part you want to keep?

I think that should answer you; basically, no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 11:56 PM, Battou said:

Trying to load a save after adding Restock causes HighGainAntenna missing error along with some RCS. In case you have not stubbled apon it yet. 

Yes, I'm experiencing the same issue. However, I found that you still can copy HighGainAntenna from a subassembly or another vessel and use it perfectly well. Please let me know if you've been able to fix the issue! I tried messing around with configs, but failed. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...