[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Soon™

On a more serious note, yes, in due course. Please be patient as we need to submit the mod to the NetKAN repository ourselves and then wait for CKAN to index it. This may take a day or two.

Absolutely amazing.

Would you like me to take care of the CKAN stuff for you?

Edit: Pinging @Nertea

Edited by linuxgurugamer

31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Absolutely amazing.

Would you like me to take care of the CKAN stuff for you?

Edit: Pinging @Nertea

I think he's resting. He hasn't had a wink of sleep in 14 months :P

Edited by Daishi

1 minute ago, d4harp said:

Whoever is in charge of screenshots/promo pictures, do you mind listing which visual mods you have installed? (Assuming it's not a custom private config) These pictures look beautiful!

The release screenshots we're compiled from a number of people with different visual packs in their installs, including my own that has SVE, scatterer, planetshine, and KS3P. 

ReStock reboots my favorite game of all times. After playing for 4 years it's been so exciting to see the new parts come to life and I can't wait to see the amazing craft the community will build.

Thanks to @Poodmund for being awesome QA buddy and to @Nertea@cineboxandrew @Beale @riocrokite @passinglurker @blowfish @DMagic giving me the chance to work on such a fantastic collaborative project. This was my first big mod project and I learned a ton about how a well managed mod team works.

2 minutes ago, dxeh said:

Another Nertea mod. this excrements got to be good!

ps. whats the difference between the "restock" and "restock+" on spacedock?

It's in the OP, Restock overhauls the stock parts and Restock+ adds some new parts

Edited by Cruzo

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Question: will the reskinning be done for the new parts which are made as KSP moves forward?

Yes, we’ve already had to make several changes as the stock parts got updated

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Also, how does this affect the memory usage of the game?

Memory usage is only about 30% higher than the stock game right now, thanks to @blowfish‘s plugin work that prevents redundant stock assets from loading

8 minutes ago, cineboxandrew said:

Memory usage is only about 30% higher than the stock game right now, thanks to @blowfish‘s plugin work that prevents redundant stock assets from loading

@cineboxandrew, just to be clear "30% higher" than what value? What did we estimate the actual increase in MB of RAM was? 

Edited by Tyko

25 minutes ago, Tyko said:

@cineboxandrew, just to be clear "30% higher" than what value? What did we estimate the actual increase in MB of RAM was? 

Yeah the 30% is only in the total footprint of the assets rather than RAM usage.

This number/difference will become lower as SQUAD release more parts with multiple variants and higher resolution textures.