[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

Which ones in particular because the only srb's in the picture are from tantares (the little things that look like sepratrons) and Restock (for the ones at the bottom of the screen)

Edited by Mountain Parrot

2 hours ago, Mountain Parrot said:

Which ones in particular because the only srb's in the picture are from tantares (the little things that look like sepratrons) and Restock (for the ones at the bottom of the screen)

o ok tantares i thought they were restock versions of the sepatrons lol

Congrats on the release guys ! Tremendous work, as always. You are making the best parts mods around , both in terms of aesthetic and gameplay enhancement.

On another note, I have a few questions :

-The 5m tank textures seem offset with the Saturn engine cluster. You need to rotate the parts to get the same results as on the screenshots. Is it on purpose ?

-Those 5m tanks are redundant with the NFLV ones, which now have the same textures. Do you plan to use the method you used with Restock Plus i.e disabling the parts if MH and Restock + are installed ?

-Are the new Skipper and Mainsail models compatible with 1.8 ? 

Edited by BarnabeLEPD

5 hours ago, aceman67 said:

Why not just use the 1.8.1 release of Restock? That would be a lot easier and not cause issues.

CKAN puts the new Restock release into my 1.8.1.   So I assume it's compatible, right?

6 hours ago, BarnabeLEPD said:

Congrats on the release guys ! Tremendous work, as always. You are making the best parts mods around , both in terms of aesthetic and gameplay enhancement.

On another note, I have a few questions :

-The 5m tank textures seem offset with the Saturn engine cluster. You need to rotate the parts to get the same results as on the screenshots. Is it on purpose ?

-Those 5m tanks are redundant with the NFLV ones, which now have the same textures. Do you plan to use the method you used with Restock Plus i.e disabling the parts if MH and Restock + are installed ?

-Are the new Skipper and Mainsail models compatible with 1.8 ? 

1. Yes, this was done so the big tanks can have their stripes aligned with the four cardinal directions. However to get the correct look from the Saturn mount (the MH one is wrong), but also preserve the original part's orientation, there had to be an offset. 

2. NFLV will deal with this.

3. No, the new Squad models added in 1.9 have different dimensions, so if you use them to replace the old ones you'll have issues.

16 hours ago, Kwebib said:

For those of us on 1.8.1 due to Kopernicus, can we just delete the new mainsail and skipper files?

You can use the new release in 1.8.1, there are no issues.

On 4/29/2020 at 11:11 AM, JebIsDeadBaby said:

I second that. 

Ideally I'd see in it's place some very basic conical 0.625 part (say just 3 EC and internal antenna), so one could complete some early missions with sounding rockets made of those sweet 0.625 SRBs. 

I really love using the Experiment Return Unit (ERU) as the control core when I first start in Career mode. It works great for the early unmanned missions of the "History of Space Flight" mod that require an unmanned spacecraft. You have to complete the unmanned missions to get to the later manned missions.

The new awesome version of Restock/Restock+ put it back to the "Basis Science" tech node, so of course I created a quick little mod that moved it back to the "Start" tech node for my game. I would hate to wait through several manned flights to be able to complete the early space flight unmanned missions. Just wouldn't make sense.

While I was at it, I also moved the Probodobodyne Stayputnik to the "Start" tech node too. Did you know that if you do that, it has only telemetry science data available from it and there are tech upgrades at the Engineering 101 tech node and a few other tech nodes for it? Not sure if that is due to my using the "Kerbalism" mod or unmodded KSP though.

Of course I'll have to update my mini-mod when "Restock/Restock+" mod or KSP updates, but my mini-mod is so small, it'll be a breeze.

@Nertea and fellow modders: Thanks you for your really awesome mods. KSP is enhanced so much by y'all's efforts!

Edited by GJNelson

50 minutes ago, GJNelson said:

While I was at it, I also moved the Probodobodyne Stayputnik to the "Start" tech node too. Did you know that if you do that, it has only telemetry science data available from it and there are tech upgrades at the Engineering 101 tech node and a few other tech nodes for it? Not sure if that is due to my using the "Kerbalism" mod or unmodded KSP though.

Kerbalism FTW!

Luckily, there's now a FAQ entry about variants!

Minor bugfix updates:

Restock 1.1.1

• Fixed Skipper UV issue inside bell
  • Fixed fix for radiator breakage not being included

Restock+ 1.1.1

• Cherenkov running sound is now same as LV-N, not Spark
  • Cherenkov tech node is now correctly Nuclear Propulsion
  • Torch, Cherenkov manufacturers corrected to Rockomax, was Kerbodyne

I'm using ReStock 1.9.1 right now, and I've got to say, it works great and my KSP looks better than ever. However, I'm having an issue with the textures for the 5m Saturn V parts from Making History:MDenD12.png

Are the textures supposed to be this way? I don't mean to nitpick, but I believe the real-world S-IC of the Saturn V had its stripes rotated to match up, like in the photo below:

2147a.jpg

Don't know if this was an oversight, or if it was on purpose. Either way, just wanted to let the team know.

Just a few posts above yours:

On 4/30/2020 at 3:59 PM, Nertea said:

1. Yes, this was done so the big tanks can have their stripes aligned with the four cardinal directions. However to get the correct look from the Saturn mount (the MH one is wrong), but also preserve the original part's orientation, there had to be an offset. 

Thanks everyone involved in this, I can't play KSP without ReStock and ReStock+ 

I'm not sure if I'm just really dense and not reading the below correctly.

I was wondering if it means that the Soviet style command pods wont get a healthy coat of the ReStock paint ? Or if it means that separate parts will be added into ReStock+ that cover the MH parts. I think I'm over complicating something that is probably really obvious 

On 3/6/2019 at 8:20 AM, Nertea said:

Q: What's going on with the Making History-like parts
A: If you own Making History, the Restock+ parts that overlap with the MH parts
(fuel tanks, etc), will not be added. Instead, those parts will have their art replaced.

Sorry if its a stupid question :( I had a look through a fair few pages on this thread to see if it had been asked previously but I'll admit i didnt go through all 54.  

What an amazing update! ReStock is so good it should become an official free DLC.

I've been wondering where the balloon-like rover tires were until I realised how big this update was. Yes, I'm new in KSP.

2 hours ago, Squeaky said:

Thanks everyone involved in this, I can't play KSP without ReStock and ReStock+ 

I'm not sure if I'm just really dense and not reading the below correctly.

I was wondering if it means that the Soviet style command pods wont get a healthy coat of the ReStock paint ? Or if it means that separate parts will be added into ReStock+ that cover the MH parts. I think I'm over complicating something that is probably really obvious 

Sorry if its a stupid question :( I had a look through a fair few pages on this thread to see if it had been asked previously but I'll admit i didnt go through all 54.  

As far as I'm concerned, Making History parts are not part of the mods responsibility. However, because I'm not the only contributor and I have overlapping projects, some parts have been done. There is no promise that any more will be done though.

26 minutes ago, Nertea said:

As far as I'm concerned, Making History parts are not part of the mods responsibility. However, because I'm not the only contributor and I have overlapping projects, some parts have been done. There is no promise that any more will be done though.

Thanks Nertea, thats fair enough. I'm just being greedy to be honest :D