[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

23 hours ago, CDSlice said:

There appears to be a bug with the Restock engine plate that appears when there is a surface attached part between the engine plate and the root part. When that is the case the nodes get completely messed up on the engine plate and this happens:

Hide contents

unknown.png

The same issue still happens no matter how many node attached parts are between the radially attached part and the engine plate. I first noticed this issue with the 1.875m radial attachment node from the upcoming station parts update but it happens with every surface attached part:

Hide contents

unknown.png

Do you have MH installed or is this the RS+ version of the engine plate?

37 minutes ago, cineboxandrew said:

Do you have MH installed or is this the RS+ version of the engine plate?

I have Making History installed, that’s why I was able to do a pure stock and DLC test that didn’t show the bug. 

On 5/14/2021 at 7:15 PM, yjchun said:

Hello. I am having problem with structural parts. Attach any radial attachment part to a structural part (girder, I-beam or structural panel) and re-root radial attachment part, then part offset is changed.

IajuUSk.jpg

Re-root Radial attachment point and save and reload.

syZHaW9.png

This is not happening when Restock is uninstalled. Many of my rovers are built this way and they are messed up when loaded with Restock installed. Anyone having same issue?

I am still investigating this, but this appears to be a stock bug with Part Variants somehow. I managed to reproduce it with a stock FL-T800 fuel tank and the radial attachment node. 

On 5/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, CDSlice said:

There appears to be a bug with the Restock engine plate that appears when there is a surface attached part between the engine plate and the root part. When that is the case the nodes get completely messed up on the engine plate and this happens:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

The same issue still happens no matter how many node attached parts are between the radially attached part and the engine plate. I first noticed this issue with the 1.875m radial attachment node from the upcoming station parts update but it happens with every surface attached part:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

Can't seem to repro, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Preconditions

Restock, Restock+, fully updated KSP

Procedure

1. Place Mk1-3 pod
  2. Node attach 2.5m long fuel tank
  3. Surface attach part (tried a few, screencapped here are the short girder and the cubic octo strut)
  4. Node attach engine plate to the surface part (tried 1.875 and 2.5m plates)
  5. Node attach engines to plate (tried terrier, dawn as in screenshots

Results

screenshot116.png

screenshot117.png

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

Preconditions

Restock, Restock+, fully updated KSP

Procedure

1. Place Mk1-3 pod
  2. Node attach 2.5m long fuel tank
  3. Surface attach part (tried a few, screencapped here are the short girder and the cubic octo strut)
  4. Node attach engine plate to the surface part (tried 1.875 and 2.5m plates)
  5. Node attach engines to plate (tried terrier, dawn as in screenshots

Results

screenshot116.png

screenshot117.png

That is so weird that it isn’t reproducing for you because those are the exacts steps I took to reproduce the bug. Maybe it is another mod I have (I have a ton in the install that showed the bug) that has a faulty MM patch or something that messes up the nodes. I’ll start bisecting my mod list to see what exactly it is that is causing the issue. 

I’ll also try a clean delete and reinstall of Restock and see if that fixes it, there may be some cruft left behind from previous Restock versions that I didn’t clear out properly. 

I tried to reproduce this also, and could not. It would be helpful if you tried to replicate this in an install with just KSP 1.11.1 and ReStock/ReStock+. If you cannot, then yes, it is likely a conflict with another mod. In that case, the best way to find the mod in question is to continually remove half the mods in your install, then test, if the issue persists, remove another half etc. etc. This lets you whittle down quickly to determine which one is causing you the issue.

10 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I’m trying to replace Restock’s Mk 1-2 pod with Venn’s. Is there any way I could do that?

Probably whitelist it for Restock, install Ven's and see what happens?

I'm not sure really.

On 5/16/2021 at 12:20 PM, Nertea said:

I finally had the time to test this and the first thing I tried was to completely delete the Restock and Restock+ folders from GameData and reinstall the mods (I don't use CKAN). This fixed the bug so it seems like I had a messed up install of Restock instead of there actually being a real bug with Restock itself. Sorry for the trouble, I didn't realize a messed up mod install could do that so I didn't think to check for it first before reporting it here.

9 hours ago, QAM00 said:

I kinda lost, how do add the stock water effects onto the engines that aren't affected by restock?

Pop into the Stock Waterfall Effects engine configs, and delete the !ReStock in the line: NEEDS:[Waterfall,!ReStock] for the non-restocked engines you want to have waterfall for.

1 hour ago, RedRoyal25 said:

Hey, can you make all tank themes available for all sizes? like the dark theme from 1.25m (and the orange theme? i don't remember if you already did that or not...) brought to the other sizes? and what about a metal tank theme?

Unfortunately for yourself, additional variants come at the behest of the artist's own will. See the OP:

Q: I see you added some more variants? Can you add more? Every part in purple?
A: Nope.

:D 

I dont know if this is the right place for a request, so sorry in advance. Its just a cosmetic issue, but the new Launch Scape System for the mk1 from restock+ does not have the same option of having the "docking port shroud" that the normal restock LES has, and as a result, there is a small aesthetically unpleasant gap in my rocket :P. Could that be added in the future?

Spoiler

20210523154553-1.jpg

Also, since I am already requesting stuff, is it possible to add automatic shrouds to all docking ports once you put a decouppler/stack separator on top of them? 

Just now, SiCaRiO31 said:

I dont know if this is the right place for a request, so sorry in advance. Its just a cosmetic issue, but the new Launch Scape System for the mk1 from restock+ does not have the same option of having the "docking port shroud" that the normal restock LES has, and as a result, there is a small aesthetically unpleasant gap in my rocket :P. Could that be added in the future?

Just clip it down a little bit. That would be handy though. 

2 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

Hide contents

20210523154553-1.jpg

Also, since I am already requesting stuff, is it possible to add automatic shrouds to all docking ports once you put a decouppler/stack separator on top of them? 

I seccond both of those ideas

11 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

Volume vs size problem

Neither of those parts are added by Restock+, take it up with squad

11 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

The colliders are designed to allow offsetting downwards over a junior docking port

11 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

I haven't looked into it, but I'm pretty sure this would hurt save compatibility. any existing vessels when this change is made would have the shrouds on by default even in flight with nothing attached

Edited by cineboxandrew