[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

I tried to remove the patch on the 'Gigantor' solar panel from restock while it's bugged, but when I tried to load my saved game, all my vessel got deleted!

I edited this file: 'restock-solarpanels.cfg', removing the section about the 'largeSolarPanel'. What I do wrong? How I fix this?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

I tried to remove the patch on the 'Gigantor' solar panel from restock while it's bugged, but when I tried to load my saved game, all my vessel got deleted!

I edited this file: 'restock-solarpanels.cfg', removing the section about the 'largeSolarPanel'. What I do wrong? How I fix this?

Thanks.

You also need to make a text file with .restockwhitelist file extension and put this in it:
Squad/Parts/Electrical/gigantorXlSolarArray/

2 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

Thanks.

1 minute ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

You also need to make a text file with .restockwhitelist file extension and put this in it:
Squad/Parts/Electrical/gigantorXlSolarArray/

I replaced the new model with the old one in restock-solarpanels.cfg and it works for me

On 7/27/2021 at 7:01 PM, Kerbal Viking said:

I replaced the new model with the old one in restock-solarpanels.cfg and it works for me

I ended up simply deleting the patch and then removing the original asset from 'Restock.restockblacklist'.

I had forgotten that this mod prevents loading of original assets!

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, funnelton said:

I have a dumb question, what if I just delete the files of the parts I don't want restocked?

You need to delete the portion of the file (MM patch) that change the original part. After that, you need to remove the line of the original asset from the file 'Restock.restockblacklist'!

thanks!

31 minutes ago, Dominiquini said:

You need to delete the portion of the file (MM patch) that change the original part. After that, you need to remove the line of the original asset from the file 'Restock.restockblacklist'!

that restock poodle is going down..

Edited by funnelton

49 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I know about it, I just don't want to work on it.

Isn't it better to launch a version that used stock solar panels then? At least until this is fixed!

Or forever, if you are no longer interested in working on this mod...

Thanks

Edited by Dominiquini

35 minutes ago, Dominiquini said:

Isn't it better to launch a version that used stock solar panels then? At least until this is fixed!

Or forever, if you are no longer interested in working on this mod...

Thanks

I would hate for Nertea to abandon this mod entirely given how awesome the rest of his mods are and how much time and effort goes into it.    I also know he has been working on another of his mods more recently.

Perhaps read the the supporting material and whitelist the parts that have issues if you wish to use the parts that are still buggy.  This is something that you can do now.

Peace.

13 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I would hate for Nertea to abandon this mod entirely given how awesome the rest of his mods are and how much time and effort goes into it.    I also know he has been working on another of his mods more recently.

Perhaps read the the supporting material and whitelist the parts that have issues if you wish to use the parts that are still buggy.  This is something that you can do now.

Peace.

I already do that in my game... I was only suggesting something that I think would improve the mod!

Thanks.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:19 PM, Poodmund said:

Further to the above and in addition:

1.12.2 is out. Some parts have changed. Yes we know. Thank you, kindly. ;) 

Yeah can confirm after days of wondering by some parts are just now broken or missing its due to the latest update. Made an account just to say this!

KSP 1.12.1, just found an interesting bug with the HG-20 (Making History) relay dish- I have one on a rover set to axial deployment (horizontal when stowed, vertically up when deployed), but when I used the "fix repairable" cheat it changed to being radial (vertically down when stowed, horizontal when deployed) which means a) when retracted, it lifts the wheels off the ground and will probably break and b) when deployed, it gets shielded by the service bay it's inside so doesn't work.

Switching to space centre/tracking station/another craft outside physics range and back again seems to fix it.

34 minutes ago, MattPD said:

There may be some bugs with some of the engines (like the Swivel). The correct model doesn't always appear in the parts list.

1.12.2 added a revamped Swivel and Reliant that are separate from the older versions of said parts (for some reason Squad didn't do this in 1.12.0). Because it hasn't been updated for 1.12.2, Restock still targets the old parts (which were hidden when the revamped ones were added).

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

5 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

1.12.2 added a revamped Swivel and Reliant that are separate from the older versions of said parts (for some reason Squad didn't do this in 1.12.0). Because it hasn't been updated for 1.12.2, Restock still targets the old parts (which were hidden when the revamped ones were added).

Thanks. This makes perfect sense. I guess a future RS update will fix this.

On 8/9/2021 at 11:12 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

KSP 1.12.1, just found an interesting bug with the HG-20 (Making History) relay dish- I have one on a rover set to axial deployment (horizontal when stowed, vertically up when deployed), but when I used the "fix repairable" cheat it changed to being radial (vertically down when stowed, horizontal when deployed) which means a) when retracted, it lifts the wheels off the ground and will probably break and b) when deployed, it gets shielded by the service bay it's inside so doesn't work.

Switching to space centre/tracking station/another craft outside physics range and back again seems to fix it.

We can investigate but I'm going to guess it's something weird with PartVariants and possibly out of our control.

Restock 1.4.2

• KSP 1.12.2
  • Updated ModuleManager to 4.2.1
  • Fixed Gigantor panel extension
  • Adjusted and applied Restock Swivel and Reliant models to fit new Squad revamps (adjusted dimensions, colliders)
  • Fixed Mk2 docking port not docking
  • Added new Senior docking port grey variant

23 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Restock 1.4.2

Awesome. Thank you very very much for all the work! It is immensely appreciated, this as all the other mods of yours. Really great stuff, number one for parts mods for sure! Your stuff and some planetary eyecandy from the well known modders here makes KSP what it is, what it should be.

17 hours ago, Nertea said:

Restock 1.4.2

• KSP 1.12.2
  • Updated ModuleManager to 4.2.1
  • Fixed Gigantor panel extension
  • Adjusted and applied Restock Swivel and Reliant models to fit new Squad revamps (adjusted dimensions, colliders)
  • Fixed Mk2 docking port not docking
  • Added new Senior docking port grey variant

Nice