[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

1 hour ago, oapan said:

bug: part missing, High gain antenna 5, can't load my crafts with this antena

See below:

On 12/27/2020 at 11:02 PM, Nertea said:

Hey. We're working on the update. We know there's stuff to fix. Don't use it in 1.11. 

Hey! I just wanted to leave a note saying thank you for all the work you put into these mods! I truly appreciate it and I look forward to seeing these mods! Again , thank you very very much!  I hope you are safe and well with best of luck this new year!

I want to emphasize this is not a "hurry up" request.  I'm just curious.  Do you guys have any kind of progress tracker to the next release?  Like a milestone system?  Or is it just "when it's done?"

Either is cool, just want to make sure I'm not missing something that might be there.

Take your time.  Slow and steady is what gets us the quality we've come to know and love.

Edited by R-T-B

7 hours ago, Nertea said:

Usually I put up pretty specific issues on github, but this update has been small but frustrating so I'm not motivated. 

Ill be honest, I said the heck with the bugs and still using it with 1.11

We lived with just a 4 horn RCS for years.  Plus we have other lights we can use besides the MKs

3 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Ill be honest, I said the heck with the bugs and still using it with 1.11

We lived with just a 4 horn RCS for years.  Plus we have other lights we can use besides the MKs

ye. and restock+ supplies the other horn variants, so it's fine.

In case an idea like this has already been brought up, I would like to apologize up front for lacking the patience to read through 81 pages of forum posts to find it.

I would like to propose a simple and lightweight addition to the ReStock+ Mod which will efficiently and elegantly work with the Making History parts in order to properly re-create Soyuz and Progress Spacecraft (Shenzou, too if you want to go the extra mile) With as few as just 3 parts not already included. The core of my concept is a collar-like, or cup-like "Add-on module" part, designed be attached to a Clementine, Tangerine, or Mandarin re-entry module (Onion, Pea, or Pomegranate) to convert any of them from a spherical Vostok or Voskhod look-alike into a proper, gumdrop-shaped Soyuz Re-entry Module Look-alike. This single part should have EC, Monoprop, Life Support resources, RCS thrusters, Reaction Wheels, a Probe Core, and, optionally, ablator, and solid fuel landing thrusters, in order to complete a Soyuz-style re-entry capsule.

The other two parts in this addition (or 3 if Shenzou is to be supported) should be a spherical, 2-Kerbal Habitation Can (or science lab, maybe?) to replicate the Soyuz Orbital Module (and a cylindrical version with better stats and capabilities to build the Shenzou), and a spherical, configurable fuel/cargo container to replicate both segments of the Progress Cargo Vessel. Both (or all three) of these should also be compatible with the aforementioned Add-On Module.

Thank you for hearing me out.

6 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I've been waiting for a 1.11 release to start a new career but it i don't think I can wait much longer :)

So I may just avoid the bugged parts and start anyway.

Peace.

Yeah me too, but think I'll still wait it out instead of the slightly buggy experience. ReStock+ for other variants isn't an option for those of us wanting to just play stock without other part mods. I cleared out all my mods after having bad experiences with playing with part mods that break the game/saved crafts around updates, so decided to go all stock from now on. But Restock has been a must use along with visual mods, really improving the gameplay for me and hard to go back to playing without it seeing how much more incredibly well designed the stock parts are with it.

I appreciate the hard work that goes into these things, and happy to wait until it's released to be able to start playing KSP again. Keep up the good work Restock Team!

On 1/20/2021 at 1:45 AM, theJesuit said:

I've been waiting for a 1.11 release to start a new career but it i don't think I can wait much longer :)

Well in that case something must be done... :D 

EDIT: On that note, there is a current issue with the 1.3.0 release in which ReStock 1.3.0 is not listed on the release page but ReStock+ 1.3.0 is. Please be patient whilst this is remedied at a later point in time. The ReStock deploy sequence was moved from Travis to GitHub actions and a small issue has occurred so please bear with us (its a weekday, people are at work and have greater responsibilities :D ).

Edited by Poodmund

42 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

The ReStock deploy sequence was moved from Travis to GitHub actions and a small issue has occurred so please bear with us (its a weekday, people are at work and have greater responsibilities :D ).

The CKAN team has gained a lot of experience with GitHub Actions lately. Need any help?

EDIT: Pull request submitted. Too late, apparently.

Edited by HebaruSan

Changelog for this new Restock Update:

Restock 1.3.0

Spoiler

v1.3.0
------
- New stock part replacements
 - Lights
  - Spotlight Mk1 (Nertea): now has a Metal variant
  - Domelight Mk1 (Nertea): now has a Metal variant
  - LightStrip Mk1 (Nertea): now has a Metal variant
  - Navigation Light Mk1 (Nertea): now has a Metal variant
  - Work Lamp - small (Nertea)
  - Work Lamp - Stand (Nertea)
 - RCS
  - RV-105 RCS Block (Nertea): ported RCS models from Restock+ to support new variants
  - RV-1X RCS Block (Nertea): ported RCS models from Restock+ to support new model
  - PlaceAnywhere 1 Linear RCS thruster (Nertea): ported RCS model from Restock+
- Updates and fixes
 - Rotated the HG-5 antenna model to match stock
 - Updated old Mk1, Mk2 Illuminator models to use reflectivity on their lenses
 - Added White variant to Mk1, Mk2 Illuminators
 - Updated claw lamps with lens reflectivity and light cookies
 - Added RCS nozzle glows to improve RCS effects
 - Updated small solar panel parts to allow them to be repaired
 - Updated Russian localization (Fedor-St)
 - Updated Japanese localization (Chemical-Factory) 
 - Updated twin boar replacement to target "new" Squad model
 - Fixed bottom of 2.5m RCS Tank collider mesh
 - Added procedural drag cube use back to all engine plates to mimic Stock behaviour

Restock + 1.3.0

Spoiler

v1.3.0
------
- KSP 1.11
- Updated French localization (vinix38)
- Removed Light Adjustement patch, replaced with new stock functionality as part of base Restock.
- Added a new version of the HG-20 High Gain Antenna matching the orientation of the stock HG-5. The old version has been soft-deprecated.
- Updated Advanced Grabbing Unit Junior with new light module and graphics.
- Soft-deprecated all various RV-series and RC-series RCS blocks.
- Added procedural drag cube use for all engine plates to mimic Stock behaviour.
- New RCS parts:
 - RV-105-A RCS Thruster Block : RCS block with 45 degree canted nozzles, available in 5x, 4x, 3x, 2x variants.
 - RV-1X-A RCS Thruster Block : Micro RCS block with 45 degree canted nozzles, available in 5x, 4x, 3x, 2x variants.
- New Engine parts:
 - Launch Escape System Jr. (Andrew Cassidy): 0.625m Escape Tower with white and red/black variants.

Thanks to all the Team for this update

Edited by Well