[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

2 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Hey, does anyone have an issue with the launch clamps and the struts or fuel lines? I really like them, but I can't get them to work. Also, the launch clamps staging icons have disappeared.

Mod conflict? That's the only thing I can think of.

Hi,

I really like Restock! 

I'm on 1.9.1 with the Making History DLC and with restock installed the bottom node on the skiff engine won't attach to anything unless I flip the engine upside down.

skiff1.png     skiff2.png

And with Restock uninstalled:

no-restock.png

I know a teenie bit about these config files but I couldn't find where the AngY was flipped on that node when Restock was installed.  Stock has it set to -1 and even when I switched it to 1 the problem persisted.  Must be another setting in the Restock code that I'm not aware of.

Would it be possible to add a premade whitelist with all the parts on it, and you just remove the parts you want to keep restock, for bad coders like me?

Also, I've been having blue spots on all the "holes". For example, most air intakes, and so far, also the turbo ramjet.

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal
does not want to double post

1 hour ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

so, I've been having blue spots on all the "holes". For example, most air intakes, and so far, also the turbo ramjet.

Considering you're also having issues with the struts/clamps, it sounds as if you're using ReStock on an unsupported version of KSP i.e. before 1.8.0

1 minute ago, Poodmund said:

Considering you're also having issues with the struts/clamps, it sounds as if you're using ReStock on an unsupported version of KSP i.e. before 1.8.0

yeah, I'm on 1.7

I tried whitelisting, but I only managed to fix the launch clamps. The struts and fuel lines are still broken.

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal
grammatical

15 hours ago, bmyers831 said:

Hi,

I really like Restock! 

I'm on 1.9.1 with the Making History DLC and with restock installed the bottom node on the skiff engine won't attach to anything unless I flip the engine upside down.

skiff1.png     skiff2.png

And with Restock uninstalled:

no-restock.png

I know a teenie bit about these config files but I couldn't find where the AngY was flipped on that node when Restock was installed.  Stock has it set to -1 and even when I switched it to 1 the problem persisted.  Must be another setting in the Restock code that I'm not aware of.

You are using a 1.8.x mod in 1.9.x. Though this has been resolved for the future release, this is actually a place where Squad fixed a bug in the game. We needed to assimilate that bugfix. 

2 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

yeah, I'm on 1.7

I tried whitelisting, but I only managed to fix the launch clamps. The struts and fuel lines are still broken.

Doesn't sound like you're doing it correctly. Follow the instructions: 

https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/wiki/Restoring-Stock-Parts

This mod is amazing but it has the same issues as stock - how the kerb do you tell fuel tank sizes apart, such as Rockomax from FL-T?!

Color Coded Canisters conflicts with any texture mod (including ReStock and Ven) and doesn't have compatibility patches. Because of this, I'm forced to run stock with CCC or Ven which already has color-coded tanks (but I'm not a huge fan of Ven).

1 hour ago, Krzeszny said:

This mod is amazing but it has the same issues as stock - how the kerb do you tell fuel tank sizes apart, such as Rockomax from FL-T?!

Color Coded Canisters conflicts with any texture mod (including ReStock and Ven) and doesn't have compatibility patches. Because of this, I'm forced to run stock with CCC or Ven which already has color-coded tanks (but I'm not a huge fan of Ven).

Use the mod Community Part Title's

https://spacedock.info/mod/1934/Community Parts Titles

Then everything will be in a logical order.  It's great.

Peace.

Hey everyone,

Looking for a Module Manager Patch. I have Restock/Restock+ and Making History.

I'd like to use the Restock+ RT-1 & RT-2 SRB's, not the Restock reskined FM1 & FS30 from MH. Is there an elegant MM patch that resolves this? I have some workable but clumsy patches. 

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

11 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

I sort by mass. I've gotten used to where everything is sorted by mass and tanks/decouplers are far easier to find for me when sorted that way.

However, I may give this a try.

9 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Edited by Superfluous J

1 hour ago, Stratickus said:

Hey everyone,

Looking for a Module Manager Patch. I have Restock/Restock+ and Making History.

I'd like to use the Restock+ RT-1 & RT-2 SRB's, not the Restock reskined FM1 & FS30 from MH. Is there an elegant MM patch that resolves this? I have some workable but clumsy patches. 

Cheers,

Something like

@PART[thePartIWant]:BEFORE[ReStock]
{
	@MHReplacement = false

}

Should work

So I'm trying to get restock's version of the mainsail to replace the 1.9 update's version. I tried adding the new mainsail to Restock's blacklist cfg, but that didn't take. Is there a file which tells which restock parts to replace which stock parts that I can edit? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Edited by Red Dwarf

On 4/11/2020 at 6:34 PM, Nertea said:

Something like

@PART[thePartIWant]:BEFORE[ReStock]
{
	@MHReplacement = false

}

Should work

Worked great, thanks. I added this little bit as well:

Spoiler

@PART[restock-srb-mallet-1,restock-srb-striker-1]:BEFORE[ReStock] 
    {
        @MHReplacement = false
        @category = Engine
        @TechHidden = False
    }

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

On 4/12/2020 at 7:22 AM, Red Dwarf said:

So I'm trying to get restock's version of the mainsail to replace the 1.9 update's version. I tried adding the new mainsail to Restock's blacklist cfg, but that didn't take. Is there a file which tells which restock parts to replace which stock parts that I can edit? Sorry if this has been asked before.

You probably don't want to do this - the model changed dimensions with 1.9. Our update (hopefully coming soon) will add a new revised model that fits within the current envelope.

15 hours ago, Nertea said:

You probably don't want to do this - the model changed dimensions with 1.9. Our update (hopefully coming soon) will add a new revised model that fits within the current envelope.

It'll still be the NK-33 right?

32 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Yes. However it has been partially remodeled and completely retextured. 

Because you've all been so patient:

Capture.PNG?width=1455&height=1339

*Relived sigh*

Also, I love the new gold on the mainsail! Great work!

10 hours ago, NicromCz said:

I found a problem playing on version 1.9.1(i know its compatible just for 1.8.1) all turbo jets are without visual. You can see just blank title in parts. All others stuffs working well.

Uh... Restock doesn't do anything to jet engines. Maybe you somehow managed to delete the textures? All I know for sure is that restock isn't doing it.

Edited by Mountain Parrot

On 4/17/2020 at 7:03 AM, Mountain Parrot said:

Uh... Restock doesn't do anything to jet engines. Maybe you somehow managed to delete the textures? All I know for sure is that restock isn't doing it.

Also I play on 1.9.1 with restock and the only thing that doesn't work for me is the lower attachment point on the skiff/caravel, which is a common problem.