[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

This mod is just too good, I tried to play without it...:/. Thanks for the mod!

Thanks @Streetwind now I can hide my abominations during launch from the Kerbal public.

I will keep overriding parts as I play. 

1. Create this file if you don't have one - GameData/ReStock/Restock.restockwhitelist

Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairingSize2.mu

2. Edit -> GameData/ReStock/Patches/Payload/restock-fairing-bases.cfg

Example:

// AE-FF1 Airstream Protective Shell (1.25m)
@PART[fairingSize1_disable]:HAS[~RestockIgnore[*]]:FOR[000_ReStock]

Also append the _disable to these two
fairingSize2 -> fairingSize2_disable
fairingSize2 -> fairingSize3_disable

xzhKys6m.png

17 hours ago, Nertea said:

what the heck do you think it's marked for 1.9

Hello @Nertea. I think this was just a report if it could help you in anyway. We know you and the team make an excellent work and chasing bugs after each new release is not a light workload. Lack of sleep?

Stay zen, take your time. On our side, if we do not contribute, we have to learn patience.

Edited by OnlyLightMatters

hey there's an issue with this mod, it deletes the fairings on 1.10 and removes the magnometer boom, i cant play the ariane 5 or it crashes my game is there any way to fix this

11 minutes ago, Probro said:

hey there's an issue with this mod, it deletes the fairings on 1.10 and removes the magnometer boom, i cant play the ariane 5 or it crashes my game is there any way to fix this

The easiest way is to wait for the mod to be updated to 1.10 which will probably take a couple of weeks at least.

Or read Streetwind's post at the top of the page.

Peace.

51 minutes ago, Probro said:

Do you have the Extraplanetary mod installed. If yes then just remove the magnetometer from the part list of Extraplanetary mod or you could modify its .cfg file to get both of the magnetometer as well as the BH magnetometer(which is a part of Extraplanetary launchpad apparently). A guy above has already stated a way to fix the fairings issue.

On 7/1/2020 at 9:57 AM, ForgiLaGeord said:

Fairings are completely nonfunctional with ReStock and 1.10, you can place the fairing base down, but there's no way to build the fairing. Unless I'm missing it, the magnetometer boom also isn't showing up in the parts list. Also, the new skin for the original asteroid claw turns the ReStock model a weird gray color, although I assume that was to be expected.

23 hours ago, Nertea said:

what the heck do you think it's marked for 1.9

55 minutes ago, Probro said:

43 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

The easiest way is to wait for the mod to be updated to 1.10 which will probably take a couple of weeks at least.

Or read Streetwind's post at the top of the page.

Peace.

This is my favorite part of every Kerbal update.

3 hours ago, Souptime said:

Hey @Nertea, when you update restock (+) can you add a single bell restock poodle? And maybe some new restock plus parts? I.E. some jool exploration parts for exploring the visual updates??? 

this made me remember how the single bell poodle look like a ... ehm nevermind

We would expect things to break occasionally with new KSP versions, often in unpredictable ways.  We knew some updates were coming to fairings in 1.10, but the exact scope was not public until the release.  Some of these issues will take time to investigate.  Be patient, the team will look at them in due time.

9 hours ago, Mountain Parrot said:

to be honest im just gonna run 1.9.1 till restock/any other mods that are broken are patched

this is fine.

Because of Kopernicus I only like to play 1.8.1

2 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

I think there is a working Kopernicus for 1.9.1 if you want to

Yeah, I hope it's not buggy, will try it (I once played a dev version of 1.9, and well, no oceans on kerbin and everthing looked awful)

Just now, Starhelperdude said:

Yeah, I hope it's not buggy, will try it (I once played a dev version of 1.9, and well, no oceans on kerbin and everthing looked awful)

yea to be honest i used it for OPM it was working fine but maybe there are some bugs i didn't notice. Of course its better to wait for the update.

3 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

yea to be honest i used it for OPM it was working fine but maybe there are some bugs i didn't notice. Of course its better to wait for the update.

It worked fine with JNSQ also.

Hey i got 2 questions. 

1. How do you pronounce your name? NUR-tee-A or ner-TEA or something esle?

2. Will you ever make a bobcat and/or cheetah restock variant? Nearly every engine has been updated except for the air breathers so those are the only two left

5 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Hey i got 2 questions. 

1. How do you pronounce your name? NUR-tee-A or ner-TEA or something esle?

2. Will you ever make a bobcat and/or cheetah restock variant? Nearly every engine has been updated except for the air breathers so those are the only two left

I think it his name is pronounced as the latter and I don't think he does the DLC's because they may have different copyright protection. I really don't know just guessing. and jet engines all have nice textures somehow.

4 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I think it his name is pronounced as the latter and I don't think he does the DLC's because they may have different copyright protection. I really don't know just guessing. and jet engines all have nice textures somehow.

But most of the making history parts are covered

... as for the Cheetah or Bobcat, if you follow the Projects and Issues sections on the GitHub repo you'll see what nearly all of the plans are for all the parts. For reference, there has been some work on a Bobcat replacement by another contributor but there is no ETA.

21 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

Because of Kopernicus I only like to play 1.8.1

Because of Squad who broke the game regarding ressource management and the KSP Recall stuff that had to make Lisias (another spelling mystery, I pronounce it the greek way) to make the game working again, I do not play with 1.9.x. Fortunately Squad unbroke the game in 1.10 and Recall is no longer necessary. So I will completely skip 1.9.x.