[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

45 minutes ago, unwisechart17 said:

Will Restock ever be able to be updated to 1.10 or can it not because it is currently incompatible? Also, I wanted to congratulate you on this mod and how much it has affected my game play. Keep up the great work!

Oh, it's certainly 'able' to be updated.  The mod authors might need time from their busy lives (??:P) to devote to it and KSP 1.10.1 dropped only a little while ago (hint-  read back a few pages, hint hint - 15 July).  It takes time.  I'm sure they'll get to it when they are able (pun intended)

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Oh, it's certainly 'able' to be updated.  The mod authors might need time from their busy lives (??:P) to devote to it and KSP 1.10.1 dropped only a little while ago (hint-  read back a few pages, hint hint - 15 July).  It takes time.  I'm sure they'll get to it when they are able (pun intended)

Thank you! I wasn't sure about the situation. I appreciate the info!

12 hours ago, Alex33212 said:

Is there a list of what IRL engines the reworked engine models are based off of? I'm curious what some of them are, like the Skipper.

And thanks for all the hard work y'all have done!!!

i can just tell you, for NFLV and cryo engines you can go to the imgur and there will be awsome graphics that tell you what there based off of [https://imgur.com/a/q58Dj0s , https://imgur.com/a/yxcf3sG]. for the restock engines here you go:

mastodon - F1

Rhino - M1 a big bad concept engine from the apollo era

Kr 1 boar - F1X

twin boar - liquid fuel SLS booster

corgi engine cluster - SLS exploration upper stage RL 10 cluster

Skiff - J2

Wolfhound - AJ 10

Vector and vector cluster Rs 25 or space shuttle's flamethrowers

skipper - LE 7

couldn't find what the mainsail or the poodle was. I think the mainsail is a NK33 though.

Hey all, first let me express how awesome this project is, truly a must have to fill in some stock gaps. Second, to report its been working reasonably fine in 1.10, with the exception of the fairings things mentioned some pages back. Third, have you guys ever thought about including the internal RCS pack, seems like a great complement for the plus pack.

7 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

i can just tell you, for NFLV and cryo engines you can go to the imgur and there will be awsome graphics that tell you what there based off of [https://imgur.com/a/q58Dj0s , https://imgur.com/a/yxcf3sG]. for the restock engines here you go:

mastodon - F1

Rhino - M1 a big bad concept engine from the apollo era

Kr 1 boar - F1X

twin boar - liquid fuel SLS booster

corgi engine cluster - SLS exploration upper stage RL 10 cluster

Skiff - J2

Wolfhound - AJ 10

Vector and vector cluster Rs 25 or space shuttle's flamethrowers

skipper - LE 7

couldn't find what the mainsail or the poodle was. I think the mainsail is a NK33 though.

Ah thanks! Though I just realized I must be using an old model for the Skipper, since I'm on 1.8.1, so what I'm seeing isn't the same ^^;

7 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

The Poodle is based off the RD-0124, and yes the Mainsail is the NK-33.

On 8/7/2020 at 4:15 PM, Alex33212 said:

Is there a list of what IRL engines the reworked engine models are based off of? I'm curious what some of them are, like the Skipper.

And thanks for all the hard work y'all have done!!!

Pretty sure the Swivel and Reliant are the XLR-105-5 (Atlas Core Engine) and XLR-89-5 (Atlas Booster Engine), respectively.

Terrier bears a resemblence to the Lunar Module Descent Engine, but I'm not fully sure if it's based on it.

Puff is probably the Space Shuttle's OMS engine.

On 8/2/2020 at 9:02 PM, Nertea said:

We are tracking a horrible annoying issue where the colliders that we imported from the game aren't interpreted correctly. This is intermittent; it does not affect all parts, and there is only a slight angular difference to surface attached parts. 

See here: hard to see:

screenshot258.png

But clearer here. 

screenshot8.png

There are no symptoms that are visible while modeling - only ingame, so we need players' help to track these down to fix. If you notice any of this, don't post here, it will get lost. 

Instead, post on Github, where we are tracking a master list of all affected parts. 

When testing this: Will the angling be apparent from any side and only change with depth? Or can parts be ruled out when every angle has been verified?

In other words: Is a quick vertical mouse-over almost-but-not-quite-placing enough to test?

Edited by Jognt

On 8/8/2020 at 7:38 AM, Gfurst said:

Hey all, first let me express how awesome this project is, truly a must have to fill in some stock gaps. Second, to report its been working reasonably fine in 1.10, with the exception of the fairings things mentioned some pages back. Third, have you guys ever thought about including the internal RCS pack, seems like a great complement for the plus pack.

Glad you like the mod!

I don't really see the benefit of adding someone else's mod to this one - why not just download that one?

20 hours ago, Jognt said:

When testing this: Will the angling be apparent from any side and only change with depth? Or can parts be ruled out when every angle has been verified?

In other words: Is a quick vertical mouse-over almost-but-not-quite-placing enough to test?

Yes, but some of the slopes are pretty vague - in the images I posted you can see that it's hard to tell by placing just one part in a lot of cases. 

7 hours ago, Nertea said:

Yes, but some of the slopes are pretty vague - in the images I posted you can see that it's hard to tell by placing just one part in a lot of cases. 

So in other words, testing/confirming functional status will be a major pain.  Gotcha.  Take your time.  We all want that product but nothing happens overnight that's any good.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, blueskiesspacetechnologies said:

Is restock (+) now compatible with 1.10? I've been playing in 1.9.1 with restock for a while now, and I was just curious if it would work with the update.

Not yet, Nertea has been working through some bugs with the colliders which need to get fixed in addition to the fairings and new parts added by 1.10.

Edited by hemeac

6 hours ago, blueskiesspacetechnologies said:

Is restock (+) now compatible with 1.10? I've been playing in 1.9.1 with restock for a while now, and I was just curious if it would work with the update.

No but you can create a whitelist for most broken parts to make them functional. There are instructions a couple of pages back in this thread.

Uh, has the 0.625m fairing started working again for anyone else on 1.10.1? I did the whitelist trick a few pages back to fix the stock ones, but all of a sudden the 0.625m fairing is now fixed, despite no mod update!? The fairing base still has a weird glitched texture but I can build out a full normal looking 0.625m fairing now!

1 hour ago, TheDesertBoy said:

Uh, has the 0.625m fairing started working again for anyone else on 1.10.1? I did the whitelist trick a few pages back to fix the stock ones, but all of a sudden the 0.625m fairing is now fixed, despite no mod update!? The fairing base still has a weird glitched texture but I can build out a full normal looking 0.625m fairing now!

See title:

F5ZJAyS.png

This said though, I'm also using ReStock in 1.10.x :P - I disabled all ReStock fairings and other parts that haven't been updated yet:

21VxPK8.png

You might not have noticed it, but the new magnetometer science part that was added with 1.10 is automatically disabled by ReStock because it disables all science parts with a patch in the blacklist. You'll have to whitelist it for it to show up.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

9 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

See title:

F5ZJAyS.png

This said though, I'm also using ReStock in 1.10.x :P - I disabled all ReStock fairings and other parts that haven't been updated yet:

21VxPK8.png

You might not have noticed it, but the new magnetometer science part that was added with 1.10 is automatically disabled by ReStock because it disables all science parts with a patch in the blacklist. You'll have to whitelist it for it to show up.

Yes I know, as I said I did all that. What I'm saying is that the modded restock+ 0.625m fairing is now working, despite not working before, and having no mod update. It's a mystery.

13 hours ago, TheDesertBoy said:

All fairings should work in 1.10.1, because Squad fixed a bug with them. However, there might still be problems with other parts.

On 8/12/2020 at 7:30 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

See title:

*theonegalen's eyes light up with surprised excitement*