[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

On 8/13/2020 at 12:57 AM, Dragon01 said:

All fairings should work in 1.10.1, because Squad fixed a bug with them. However, there might still be problems with other parts.

This is not true in 99% of the cases where fairings were broken. SQUAD didn't resolve the issue that was caused but they added in the means that it could be resolved following additional work by the mod Devs on their fairings which were causing issue.

There was no magic fix. Everything still requires fixing.

Just wanted to make that absolutely clear so that people don't assume that 1.10.1 just magically resolved all the issues.

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

This is not true in 99% of the cases where fairings were broken. SQUAD didn't resolve the issue that was caused but they added in the means that it could be resolved following additional work by the mod Devs on their fairings which were causing issue.

There was no magic fix. Everything still requires fixing.

Just wanted to make that absolutely clear so that people don't assume that 1.10.1 just magically resolved all the issues.

Then how come the modded 0.625m fairing works in 1.10.1 for me?

4 hours ago, Poodmund said:

It's not quite 99%. AFAIK, Squad fixed one bug, but not another one which affects some other parts besides fairings, as well. Judging from what people say, a number of mods that add fairings worked in 1.10.1 without additional changes. This may or may not be the case for ReStock ones.

6 hours ago, TheDesertBoy said:

Then how come the modded 0.625m fairing works in 1.10.1 for me?

Because that fairing is not a modified stock part, it's a new part that is added by RS+

5 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

It's not quite 99%. AFAIK, Squad fixed one bug, but not another one which affects some other parts besides fairings, as well. Judging from what people say, a number of mods that add fairings worked in 1.10.1 without additional changes. This may or may not be the case for ReStock ones.

Cool, nice insight.

Does anyone know how to fix the obscene levels of drag created by the hemisphere tanks when using FAR? Sometimes it seems to happen even when under a fairing, and not being able to ever use them is just getting old for me now

8 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

Does anyone know how to fix the obscene levels of drag created by the hemisphere tanks when using FAR? Sometimes it seems to happen even when under a fairing, and not being able to ever use them is just getting old for me now

Do you have this patch present in your install? https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/blob/master/Distribution/Restock/GameData/ReStock/Compatibility/FAR.cfg

4 hours ago, Contrabass Ophicleide said:

Would be cool to have a 3.75 meter reaction wheel and a flat 3.75 - 2.5 meter adapter

The reaction wheel can be accomplished using the 3.75 probe core, which I believe is in ReStock+, while you can use TweakScale and scale up the 1.85-1.25 to the proper size...

Just wanted pop in and say that Restock and Restock+ work just fine in 1.10.1. No issues whatsoever (except landing gear animations being instant but I faced that same problem in 1.9 and 1.8). No crashes whatsoever and I'm on a kind of old (albeit high spec for the time) system.

10 hours ago, FatherOfGold said:

Just wanted pop in and say that Restock and Restock+ work just fine in 1.10.1. No issues whatsoever (except landing gear animations being instant but I faced that same problem in 1.9 and 1.8). No crashes whatsoever and I'm on a kind of old (albeit high spec for the time) system.

What about fairings and magnometers?

56 minutes ago, unwisechart17 said:

What about fairings and magnometers?

I would consider Restock not to be currently 1.10.x compatible without manual workarounds which are described in the previous pages.  That includes whitelisting the magnometer.  I've been following their progress on Github and the upcoming release has some really great new parts, definitely worth the wait.

Right, finally updated.

i6GJnX5.jpg

Besides the 1.10.1 compatibility, this includes a whole whack of new Making History part replacements from @cineboxandrew and new contributor @Well. Please direct your praise to them, I didn't do crap this update :P. 

Restock Changelog:

• KSP 1.10.1
  • New stock part replacements
    • Coupling
      • Advanced Grabbing Unit Jr. (Andrew Cassidy): now has black, yellow, and white variants
    • Resources
      • FTE-1 Drain Valve (Andrew Cassidy): now has metal and warning stripe variants
    • Science
      • Magnetometer Boom (Andrew Cassidy)
  • New Making History part replacements
    • Command
      • KV-1 'Onion' Reentry Module (Well): now has bare and green padded variants and a node for attaching the inflatable airlock.
      • KV-2 'Pea' Reentry Module (Well): now has bare and beige padded variants and a node for attaching the inflatable airlock.
      • KV-3 'Pomegranate' Reentry Module (Well): now has bare and white padded variants and a node for attaching the inflatable airlock.
      • Mk2 Command Pod (Andrew Cassidy): Now has dark and white variants.
    • Coupling
      • Inflatable Airlock (Andrew Cassidy): now has built in decoupler and optional ring to connect seamlessly with KV-series pods. Has a new IVA.
    • Payload
      • SM-18 Service Module (Well): Now has shelved and open variants.
      • SM-6A Service Module (Well): Now has crew-tube and open variants.
  • Updates to support KSP 1.10.x part changes:
    • Kickback now supports a new White variant with slightly different geometry and more... white
    • 2.5m tanks now support new White and ESA variants
    • Retextured and tuned Poodle model
    • Poodle now supports a new Single Bell variant, which replaces the new Squad variant, and a Single Bell Compact variant, which is new
    • Decouplers now support a Classic variant (replaces stock White/Yellow variant)
    • Separators now support a Classic variant (replaces stock White/Yellow variant)
    • EAS-4 Strut Connector now supports new White and White (compact) variants
    • FTX-2 External Fuel Duct now supports new White variant, plus an additional Delta Blue variant.
    • Advanced Grabbing Unit Jr. now supports new White, Black, and Yellow variants
    • Added Dark variant for basic winglets
    • Added Gold/Silver/Metal variants to selection of fairings
  • Fixes:
    • Resolved issue with fairing creation brought up by the KSP 1.10.0 update.
    • Fixed duplicate drag cubes on reaction wheels.
    • Rebuilt colliders for the following parts: QBE, HECS, HECS2, OKTO, OKTO2, Twin Boar (#862, #865)
    • Fixed smoothing issues on Twin Boar
    • Fixed flag transform on Twin Boar
    • Fixed smoothing issues on Jumbo-64 tank (#867)
    • Tuned probe core foil textures somewhat
    • Fixed missing pivot collider on Advanced Grabbing Unit

Restock+ Changelog

• New Command parts
    •  SP-1 'Clementine' Reentry Module (Well): 1-kerbal spherical command module with bare and green padded variants. Disabled if Making History is installed.
    •  SP-2 'Tangerine' Reentry Module (Well): 2-kerbal spherical command module with bare and beige padded variants. Disabled if Making History is installed.
    •  SP-3 'Mandarin' Reentry Module (Well): 3-kerbal spherical command module with bare and white padded variants. Disabled if Making History is installed.
    •  Mk2 "Acorn" Command Pod (Andrew Cassidy): 2-kerbal conical command module with dark and white variants. Disabled if Making History is installed
  • New Coupling parts
    •  AL-1 'Lychee' Inflatable Docking Airlock (Andrew Cassidy): Inflatable airlock with integrated 0.625m docking port. Disabled if Making History is installed. Has a new IVA.
  • New Payload Parts
    •  1.25m to 0.625m Service Module (Well): Conical 1.25m service module with open and crew-tunnel variants. Disabled if Making History is installed.
    •  1.875m Service Module (Well): 1.875m service module with shelved and open variants. Disabled if Making History is installed.
  • New Structural Parts
    •  BZ-26 Radial Attachment Point Jr. (Andrew Cassidy): 0.625m radial attachment node
    •  BZ-78 Radial Attachment Point (Andrew Cassidy): 1.875m radial attachment node
  • Bugfixes and tweaks
    •  Advanced Grabbing Unit Jr. has been soft-deprecated and its assets moved into base ReStock
    •  Adjusted colliders on 3.75m Drone Core
    •  Added Making History Pollux SRB to SRB gimbal patch
    •  3.75 and 1.875m Decouplers now support a Classic variant (replaces stock White/Yellow variant)
    •  3.75 and 1.875m Separators now support a Classic variant (replaces stock White/Yellow variant)

Edited by Nertea

7 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Right, finally updated.

YES!!! 

I can finally update to 1.10.1!

I applaud the entire restock team for their great effort in making this update, and their amazing work in general.

Thanks heaps!

A little preview video/animation of the new Magnetometer Boom:

https://giant.gfycat.com/AdmiredWhoppingGentoopenguin.mp4

Also, Nertea cried so much during this update he flooded his laptop and killed his GPU... so this update was literally built on, not so much blood, but definitely sweat and tears. :D

Edited by Poodmund

41 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Also, Nertea cried so much during this update he flooded his laptop and killed his GPU... so this update was literally built on, not so much blood, but definitely sweat and tears. :D

I feel like I should be disturbed by this, but I'm just so happy your launch coincided directly with my "take a break from modding to really play KSP" three day vacation.

Thank you.  If the above story is true, please tell me where I can pitch in a tenner towards the new GPU fund, because I seriously would.

I'd offer to pay for counseling too, but who am I kidding?  I can't even afford the GPU.

Edited by R-T-B

11 hours ago, Nertea said:

Right, finally updated.

i6GJnX5.jpg

Besides the 1.10.1 compatibility, this includes a whole whack of new Making History part replacements from @cineboxandrew and new contributor @Well. Please direct your praise to them, I didn't do crap this update :P.

Awesome, that new KV texture looks amazing, I'm curious to see how the extended airlock looks with it, sadly, its so far down the tech three there is barely any point to using it.

Btw, for those who needed to the work around to play on 1.10, its just a case removing the whitelisted references I presume?

8 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

dMxb5hk.gif

Brilliant.

Hey Nertea thanks for the awesome update, I was wondering if there was a quick way to get ModuleRestockLinkedMesh to not rescale compound parts like this if rescaleFactor is changed.

WQ8zIlW.png

It seems like the model rescales correctly but the stretched mesh part is either shortened or lengthened by the new rescaleFactor value.