[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

Some small fixes for 1.11. Please note that Restock is NOT YET COMPATIBLE with 1.12, as the docking ports have changed. 

Restock 1.3.3

• Fix Poodle shroud shaders

Restock+ 1.3.3

• Fixed smoke emission point on single Boar engine

So I tested it, and other than making the rotating docking parts inaccessible and changing the RCS so that the variants are each their own seperate part (which seems to be an issue from the last version), the mod seems to work fine in 1.12. BTW, that RCS issue is a big one,  I lost multiple probes w/ RCS due to loading in with the mod installed after having them be vanilla.

15 minutes ago, NXDIAZ said:

So I tested it, and other than making the rotating docking parts inaccessible and changing the RCS so that the variants are each their own seperate part (which seems to be an issue from the last version), the mod seems to work fine in 1.12. BTW, that RCS issue is a big one,  I lost multiple probes w/ RCS due to loading in with the mod installed after having them be vanilla.

What RCS issue? We're not aware of anything related to RCS.

I tested the mod too and other than the rotating docking ports feature (which was expected) i found no issue, i tried RCS thrusters and they worked fine for me. But it was a new save so idk.

Edited by Nico_

6 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

can we get a ksp 1.12 update for the new parts??
rotating docking ports??

It is in development, but updates - and especially updates with Restock's artistic quality - take time.

Edited by Calvin Kerman

On 6/26/2021 at 2:10 PM, Nertea said:

What RCS issue? We're not aware of anything related to RCS.

There seems to be a compatibility issue of some sort between KSP when Restock is installed vs when its uninstalled concerning the base game RCS thrusters, because the game seems to be automatically removing any craft or debris with RCS thrusters between when I install the mod vs when the mod isn't installed. Sorry for not elaborating earlier.

Small bug when using the most up-to-date version of Restock in KSP 1.12 is that the Protective MK7 nosecone's white/black and white skin's textures are messed up, the orange texture seems ok though.

Edited by RYU AZUKU99

24 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Small bug when using the most up-to-date version of Restock in KSP 1.12 is that the Protective MK7 nosecone's white/black and white skin's textures are messed up, the orange texture seems ok though.

More accurately, the nosecone does not have  its model replaced. The new nosecone is technically a new part due to its new colliders, so Restock doesn’t have a patch for it. The missing textures are because Restock prevents some stock textures from loading to save memory, but apparently the orange variant texture is either still used in a Restock game, or can’t be patched in the same way.
You can fix this by copying the modulemanager patch used to replace the nosecone’s model and modifying it to address the new version of the part instead, but don’t expect any official support on this or any other 1.12 issue since Restock is not for 1.12 yet. 

23 hours ago, NXDIAZ said:

There seems to be a compatibility issue of some sort between KSP when Restock is installed vs when its uninstalled concerning the base game RCS thrusters, because the game seems to be automatically removing any craft or debris with RCS thrusters between when I install the mod vs when the mod isn't installed. Sorry for not elaborating earlier.

I'll check it out but I feel like if this was a problem someone would have reported it (it would be very critical...).

Please provide appropriate debug information.

A short question. If I want a certain module from Restock Plus  - just one, that has no IVA and no special extravanganza stuff to it:  (Certainly it's the Cherenkov (big brother of the Nerv, right?) which I assume to not have asset dependencies to restock, which i don't want to use either)

If I extract all its assets (all .dds .mu etc. files that contain the modulename in its name), and extract the config file from another folder of the mod (maybe with adaptings it's assets path in their cfg), and add the waterfall config out of Waterfall for Restock+ to the folder ... Will then the module will load correctly? Or is there more to a part than its assets (.dds, .mu.), one part config-file and one waterfallplume config-file?

(Yeah, I'm trying to get  into tailoring my partmods, as I'm kinda flooded with usage overlapping parts from my mods, so I like to choose and try to understand how the partloading of KSP works and which files are required. Some mods are only installed because of on or two modules. The above mentioned is just an example, which I might adapt to other modded parts from somewhere... That's why I want to understand the underlying mechanism of partloading works).

Please don't be mad on me. I just try to learn something about KSP and try to optimize my individual KSP package for me. I really love nertea's work.

Edited by Rakete

19 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Will then the module will load correctly

Yes, if you'll do everything you wrote without mistakes. And no one will be angry if you won't redistribute it. Like, i have an eclectic legs collection from 9+ mods in this way and they are OK. Also, you may need to keep shroud assets in the same folder as the engine's. Not sure, but maybe.

33 minutes ago, Rakete said:

A short question. If I want a certain module from Restock Plus  - just one, that has no IVA and no special extravanganza stuff to it:  (Certainly it's the Cherenkov (big brother of the Nerv, right?) which I assume to not have asset dependencies to restock, which i don't want to use either)

If I extract all its assets (all .dds .mu etc. files that contain the modulename in its name), and extract the config file from another folder of the mod (maybe with adaptings it's assets path in their cfg), and add the waterfall config out of Waterfall for Restock+ to the folder ... Will then the module will load correctly? Or is there more to a part than its assets (.dds, .mu.), one part config-file and one waterfallplume config-file?

(Yeah, I'm trying to get  into tailoring my partmods, as I'm kinda flooded with usage overlapping parts from my mods, so I like to choose and try to understand how the partloading of KSP works and which files are required. Some mods are only installed because of on or two modules. The above mentioned is just an example, which I might adapt to other modded parts from somewhere... That's why I want to understand the underlying mechanism of partloading works).

Please don't be mad on me. I just try to learn something about KSP and try to optimize my individual KSP package for me. I really love nertea's work.

Do you know the janitor closet mod?

28 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

Yes, if you'll do everything you wrote without mistakes. And no one will be angry if you won't redistribute it. Like, i have an eclectic legs collection from 9+ mods in this way and they are OK. Also, you may need to keep shroud assets in the same folder as the engine's. Not sure, but maybe.

Nope... no redistribution intended. Just want to pick from different mods to my own private (!) package, to easily re-install after setting up KSP new or windows re-install etc. (and foremost: to learn something xD)

Yeah, Janitors Closet i heard about. But I'm not keen on adding more and more mods with even more dependencies. It makes pin pointing in case of crashes really really hard. So the less mods (with real code) the better.

Edited by Rakete

9 hours ago, TheRealMK245 said:

@Nertea Just curious,  will you be skipping 1.12 and updating Restock to 1.12.1? 

1.12.1 is identical to 1.12.0, it's only a hotfix for a bug that didn't allow players without Making History to enter buildings and recover crafts.