[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

On 4/10/2022 at 6:17 PM, Poodmund said:

No plans and unlikely to occur. BDB has some great Titan engines (along with everything else) you can use if you want to make a replica Titan.

yea that's true I was just trying to keep everything relatively stock

• 2 weeks later...

Looked far and wide and haven't found the issue/solution for this in the forums.

I have restock+ installed (using ckan fwiw) and do not own MH. When using the SP-1/2/3 capsules, they will not decouple no matter what I do (although the decouple icon appears in VAB and staging there is no decouple option in the part itself (nor will spacebar do anything).

Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Marcovicio said:

Looked far and wide and haven't found the issue/solution for this in the forums.

I have restock+ installed (using ckan fwiw) and do not own MH. When using the SP-1/2/3 capsules, they will not decouple no matter what I do (although the decouple icon appears in VAB and staging there is no decouple option in the part itself (nor will spacebar do anything).

Am I missing something?

You are missing a command module, those capsules have none. Add a probe core (On the top for example) and try again, they should decouple

1 hour ago, Firebird989 said:

You are missing a command module, those capsules have none. Add a probe core (On the top for example) and try again, they should decouple

Looking at the part config, it should have a command module. Firing up KSP to give it a try...

Edit: I managed to actually decouple now even without the probe core. Not sure if one of my other mods was conflicting or something.

Edited by Marcovicio

3 hours ago, Marcovicio said:

Looking at the part config, it should have a command module. Firing up KSP to give it a try...

Edit: I managed to actually decouple now even without the probe core. Not sure if one of my other mods was conflicting or something.

Probably I cant decouple it without some other form of command, so it's probably some weird interaction

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Somecallmesteve said:

Is there going to be an update for the Clydesdale SRB? I do like how it's modeled after the Titan one, but is it possible that we can get a skin for it based off the Space Shuttle's SRB?

Unlikely since

Q: I see you added some more variants? Can you add more? Every part in purple?
A: Nope.

The reDIRECT mod has Space Shuttle SRBs. 

I'm back to KSP after a long while away and am playing a heavily modded game in 1.12.3 now. ReStock is one of the mods I'm using and it's wonderful! Thank you for all your work on it.

One question, though: I've noticed that when I go into "advanced" mode and sort by engines I can find an SRB called STS-01 "Anvil". It does not appear to be in any category, though so I can't plac eit outside of advanced mode. Is this intended behavior for the part (deprecated maybe?) or have my many, many mods messed something up?

3 hours ago, Sankis said:

I'm back to KSP after a long while away and am playing a heavily modded game in 1.12.3 now. ReStock is one of the mods I'm using and it's wonderful! Thank you for all your work on it.

One question, though: I've noticed that when I go into "advanced" mode and sort by engines I can find an SRB called STS-01 "Anvil". It does not appear to be in any category, though so I can't plac eit outside of advanced mode. Is this intended behavior for the part (deprecated maybe?) or have my many, many mods messed something up?

Yes, the config file has the following comment at the top:

// NOTE: Soft-deprecated as of KSP 1.8 update

Several other parts were also soft-deprecated at the time and they don't appear in the list of parts on the OP.

6 hours ago, Sankis said:

I believe it was replaced by the TCK-2 'Castor' because Squad added new SRBs in 1.8 and the most similar Restock+ parts were deprecated. Castor is effectively a remodeled clone of the THK "Pollux" from Making History

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

22 hours ago, Somecallmesteve said:

Is there going to be an update for the Clydesdale SRB? I do like how it's modeled after the Titan one, but is it possible that we can get a skin for it based off the Space Shuttle's SRB?

The "Castor" in Restock+ is probably what you're looking for

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 10:45 PM, Coldrifting said:

Hey @Nertea, I've made a small patch that adds dark RCS tank variants and was wondering if I could get your permission to release it, since it does use modified restock textures.

Or if it could be incorporated into restock that would be great, but I'm no texture artist, so I don't know if it's good enough for that. Anyway, here's a screenshot of what it looks like. 

tWzG5rS.jpg

Have you gotten a response on this at all? These would be useful for a few projects of mine....

7 hours ago, Tangle said:

Have you gotten a response on this at all? These would be useful for a few projects of mine....

I haven't, but I only asked in this thread, I haven't sent a PM. I'm going to submit a pull request and see if that gets anywhere, and if not I'll release the mod as an script that copies the art assets and xdelta patches them.

Edited by Coldrifting

For reference, from the OP:

The general stance on adding variants by request has been, "No," and considering the mod is pretty well in a final state now I would not expect it.

9 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

For reference, from the OP:

The general stance on adding variants by request has been, "No," and considering the mod is pretty well in a final state now I would not expect it.

Being fair, @Coldrifting did all the work and Nertea needs only to add it to the mod, is not like he/she is asking for Nertea to do the variants. And since the art assets are ARR making it a separate addon is not possible.

But, even so, it' Nertea's mod, Nertea's decision.

As of late I have been trying to figure out which mods have been dropping my FPS the most. And for some reason restock and restock plus are one of the largest culprits. I am curious as to why this would be, as I thought mods than add or simply modify existing parts had very little effect on performance.  Or am I mistaken with this assumption? The results have been slightly confusing and I figure I would share them here in case anybody could help me understand this. Or if anybody has any suggestions to improve the accuracy of my tests. What I found the most bizarre, is that Restock reduces the FPS on my install about as much as Waterfall or RealPlume. On a related note to that, both of those mods tank my FPS even while the rocket is sitting on the launch pad before the engines are even on. My research regarding those however belong in their own thread. 

What I have been doing is adding a few mods at a time, and then starting a new sandbox game. After this I have been doing a series of 5 launches using the stock 158 part Acapello. From there I start collecting average FPS from the period of 10 seconds sitting on the launchpad, and stop  as soon as the rocket reaches 20k altitude. This is without me altering the rockets course and just keeping SAS on while launching straight up. I do this 5 times and get the average FPS of those 5 launches. 

1. Add a few mods to the install.

2. Start KSP.

3. Start a new sandbox game.

4. Load a stock Acapello in the VAB and move to launchpad.

5. Start recording average FPS.

6. Wait ten seconds and then launch.

7. Climb to an altitude of 20k, and then stop collecting average FPS. 

8. Notate average FPS and then revert back to launchpad. 

9. Repeat steps 5 through 8 an addition 4 times (5 total) and making sure the numbers are nearly the same for each.

10. Finally, I quit KSP and return to step 1, continuing to add a few mods at a time and repeating these steps while logging the results. 

This is on an i9-7920x, with 128gb RAM, and an RTX 3080 TI while running the game at 2560x1440. Most of my graphics settings are maxed out. 

Below I am pasting the last few tests leading up to when I add restock and restock plus to the list. There are a bunch prior to this point but I didn't want to spam this topic any more than this post is already doing. ;) The numbers are the average FPS recorded after installing the mods listed before it. Of course there were a few cases where the results from one to the other were nearly the same, with small and normal fluctuations both up and down. My starting FPS before any mods were added was around 120. So as you can imagine there are a ton of mods added to my game before this point.  

PS: I am not complaining about this or suggesting that there is anything wrong with restock. I love restock and don't mind the dip in FPS. I am simply trying to understand what it is that causes certain mods to cause such a performance hit. Especially in the case of a part mod like Restock. 

+ Stock TKS + Internal RCS + KeR-7 + Surf Attach Control : 80.8

+ EVE Engines + JX2 Ant + Surface Lights + Avi Lights : AVG FPS - 78.6

+ Textures Unlimited + Camera Tools + KerbalFoundries + KSPWheel : AVG FPS - 79.2

+ Hide Empty  + Booster Guidance + Custom Clusters + Zero MA : AVG FPS - 77.2

+ Com Resource Pack + USI Tools + USI Exp + USI Freight : AVG FPS - 75.1

+ SXT + Retractable Lifting Service + Modular Rocket Systems : AVG FPS - 75.9

+ Missing History + Indicator Lights + INLI Com + Modular Launch Pads + Staged Animation : AVG FPS - 74.2

+ Restock + Restock Plus + Restock Rigid Legs : AVG FPS - 65.6

Edited by Hudsonkm
Grammar

I installed Restock on my steam deck and have been running into issues, the mod successfully makes the original stock parts not load but doesn't load the restock ones meaning I straight up have no stock parts. I installed this mod a billion time and have no idea what im doing wrong...

Screenshot_20220609_155918.png

On 6/9/2022 at 4:09 PM, engine gimbal said:

Bruh the gimbal is wrong.

You created an account just to complain about gimbals and couldn't be bothered to provide any details whatsoever about what you think is wrong?  Bruh, don't be a jerk.

Hello, I installed Restock+, is there any reason to keep Making History? Like any MH part that has no equivalent in Restock+? I don't care about mission builder and I'll install a planet pack once I can decide which one, so alternative launch sites doesn't interest me either. Any reduction in loading time however will be welcomed...

8 minutes ago, Yagron said:

Hello, I installed Restock+, is there any reason to keep Making History? Like any MH part that has no equivalent in Restock+? I don't care about mission builder and I'll install a planet pack once I can decide which one, so alternative launch sites doesn't interest me either. Any reduction in loading time however will be welcomed...

You might be interested in the Making Less History mod.