[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Keko said:

Is there any way to make modified copies of stock parts and have them use restock textures/models?

If you make your +PART patch run in in the FINAL pass, it will have the restock models. eg:

+PART[restocked-part]:FINAL
{
@name = new-part-name
etc
}

If it isn't run in the FINAL pass, it's possible to copy the part before the models are swapped. Though I think restock swaps models in the "000_ReStock" pass, so just as long as your patch is after that alphabetically it should work too. It's generally best to use FINAL for personal patches anyway.

On 9/2/2022 at 9:56 PM, Blufor878 said:

Found a minor bug with the restock Mastodon engine. The 3.75 boattail variants upper mounting point seems a bit low.

[images snipped for brevity]

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I get the same thing. I use the offset tool in VAB to fix the overlap.

On 9/3/2022 at 2:56 AM, Blufor878 said:

Found a minor bug with the restock Mastodon engine. The 3.75 boattail variants upper mounting point seems a bit low.

Anyone else having this issue?

8 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Yes, I get the same thing. I use the offset tool in VAB to fix the overlap.

Not sure when/how this slipped through but has been resolved with the commit: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/commit/0beafe34aea92f647b1d9b0479002fbc22326d9b

Fix earmarked for v1.4.4 whenever that is to be released. In the mean time, you can use those values for the commit if you want to manually fix.

2 hours ago, Dextro_Dextrose said:

Hello,
My game crashes whenever i want to place 4 Gigantor XL at once (using radial symmetry mirror mode obviously).
The same happens with other parts (I think) but I didn't really test that.
Has something like that happened before? Could my 6GB of RAM be the issue?
thx in advance

Welcome to the forums @Dextro_Dextrose.

Short answer is, probably, yes, 6 GB is on the low side but it depends on the number and size of the mods you have installed.  Clearly, you have Restock and its dependencies installed, right?  Have you ever successfully run a KSP game or did it start failing only after installing some mod?

Some helpful suggestions.  First, please read the post on how to report problems.  Many mod authors and forum denizens will ask you to post a log file.  This thread will help you understand how to do that. 

While you don't have to follow the instructions precisely, the gist is you need to describe the problem well (hint - pictures or the exact error msg, if applicable, help) and provide some basic game information which is usually contained the KSP.log file (see the thread above).

Second, if you are a new KSP aficionado I recommend you use CKAN to install and manage your mods.  You don't have to use it if you're experienced with mod installation.  If not, give it a try since it will automatically prevent you from making certain installation errors with your game.  And, no, you don't have to read the entire CKAN thread to get up to speed with it.

Third, avoid playing on the clean download.  You are allowed and encouraged to copy that first, pristine download and play/mod/screw-up on the copy.  You may copy the original as often as you'd like.  CKAN can assist with game instance management should you wish to have different mod collections or different KSP versions.

20 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Welcome to the forums @Dextro_Dextrose.

Short answer is, probably, yes, 6 GB is on the low side but it depends on the number and size of the mods you have installed.  Clearly, you have Restock and its dependencies installed, right?  Have you ever successfully run a KSP game or did it start failing only after installing some mod?

Some helpful suggestions.  First, please read the post on how to report problems.  Many mod authors and forum denizens will ask you to post a log file.  This thread will help you understand how to do that. 

While you don't have to follow the instructions precisely, the gist is you need to describe the problem well (hint - pictures or the exact error msg, if applicable, help) and provide some basic game information which is usually contained the KSP.log file (see the thread above).

Second, if you are a new KSP aficionado I recommend you use CKAN to install and manage your mods.  You don't have to use it if you're experienced with mod installation.  If not, give it a try since it will automatically prevent you from making certain installation errors with your game.  And, no, you don't have to read the entire CKAN thread to get up to speed with it.

Third, avoid playing on the clean download.  You are allowed and encouraged to copy that first, pristine download and play/mod/screw-up on the copy.  You may copy the original as often as you'd like.  CKAN can assist with game instance management should you wish to have different mod collections or different KSP versions.

Thank you for the tips, I will be more precise with my problem reports in the future.
I am pretty sure that my limited RAM is the issue now, so I won't be needing any further support.
(Perhaps the entirety of the Near Future mods and some + ReStock was a little much for my poor system :P)

1 hour ago, Dextro_Dextrose said:

Thank you for the tips, I will be more precise with my problem reports in the future.
I am pretty sure that my limited RAM is the issue now, so I won't be needing any further support.
(Perhaps the entirety of the Near Future mods and some + ReStock was a little much for my poor system :P)

You might want to check this out:

It says compatible with 1.7.2 but I'm using it with 1.12.3 just fine, it does wonders with RAM usage. I have 16 gb of RAM, with my current modded game (which I would say is quite modest) the game takes pretty much all my RAM and still stores a few GB in swap. With this little app it uses "only" about 4 gb. 

• 2 weeks later...

At first,  I thought this was Waterfall, but I uninstalled all plume-related mods and tested it again, and it kept doing it. For some strange reason, the engine glow effect inside the Restock engines is flickering black on my rig. I tried a bunch of things. Clean install, you name it.

The flickering remains constant even when the game is paused. Looks like a weird depth buffer/draw issue. It only happens on Restock engines. I have absolutely no idea what's causing it. I have an RTX 3090 FE running the latest 522.25 driver. This is my modlist:

[x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 6.0.1.1)

ASET Agency (ASETAgency 1.0)
ASET Avionics (ASETAvionics 2.1)
ASET Props (ASETProps 1.5)
Astrogator (Astrogator v0.10.4)
AT Utils (AT-Utils v1.10.1)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 3:0.43.0.11)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
blackheart612's Procedural Part Textures (ProceduralParts-Textures-SCCKSCS 1)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.99)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:2.1.10.18)
CommNet Antennas Extension (CommNetAntennasExtension 2.1.7)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v112.0.1)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.4)
Conformal Decals (ConformalDecals 0.2.10)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator v2.2.0.0)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.6.5)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.6.5)
Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 1:2.0.6)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.3.1)
Distant Object Enhancement /L (DistantObject v2.1.1.9)
Distant Object Enhancement /L default config (DistantObject-default v2.1.1.9)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.10.0.0)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.5.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.3)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 2:EVE-1.2.2-1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.7.1)
Feline Utility Rovers (FelineUtilityRovers 1.3.6)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.17)
Hangar Extender (HangerExtenderExtended 3.6.0.2)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.2.1.0)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.6.1)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.3.2)
Infernal Robotics - Next (InfernalRoboticsNext v3.0.7)
Kerbal Actuators (KerbalActuators v1.8.5)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.14.0.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.3.3)
Kerbal Atomics - Other Mod Support (KerbalAtomics-NTRModSupport 1.3.3)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.12)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
Kerbal Foundries2 (KerbalFoundriesContinued 2.4.8.18)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.29)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Next (KerbalJointReinforcementNext v4.1.19)
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.6.16)
Kerbal Reusability Expansion (SpaceXLegs 2.9.2)
Konstruction (Konstruction v112.0.1)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-139)
KSP Community Fixes (KSPCommunityFixes 1.23.0)
KSP Recall (KSP-Recall v0.3.0.3)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.16.14.33)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.14.2.0)
Mk3 Stockalike Expansion (Mk3Expansion 1.6.1.3)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.2)
Near Future Aeronautics (NearFutureAeronautics 2.1.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical - Decaying RTGs (NearFutureElectrical-DecayingRTGs 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Exploration (NearFutureExploration 1.1.2)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.7.1)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.2.0)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.3.5)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.3.2)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.3.2)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.4.3)
Parallax (Parallax 2.0.4)
Parallax - Stock Planet Textures (Parallax-StockTextures 2.0.0)
Parallax - Stock Scatter Textures (Parallax-StockScatterTextures 2.0.1)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.6)
PersistentRotation Upgraded (PersistentRotationUpgraded 1.9.1.7)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.4.3)
Procedural Parts - Hazard Tanks Textures (HazardTanksTextures 1.0)
Procedural Parts - Saturn / Nova Texture Pack (ProceduralParts-Textures-SaturnNova 1.2)
Procedural Parts - Ven's Revamp Style Textures (VensStylePPTextures 1.1)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.31.8)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.31.8)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.2)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v4.0.8)
RemoteTech Redev Antennas (RemoteTechRedevAntennas 0.1.1)
ReStock (ReStock 1.4.3)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.4.3)
Rocket Sound Enhancement (RocketSoundEnhancement 0.9.6)
Rocket Sound Enhancement - Default (RocketSoundEnhancement-Config-Default 1.2.4)
Scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0838)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0838)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0838)
Shabby (Shabby 0.3.0.0)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
Space Dust (SpaceDust 0.4.4)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.4)
SRB Waterfall Effects (SRBWaterfallEffects 2.3.5)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 2.0.10)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux - Internal Spaces (StationPartsExpansionRedux-IVAs 2.0.10)
System Heat (SystemHeat 0.6.0)
System Heat - Nuclear Engine Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionEngines 0.6.0)
System Heat - Nuclear Reactor Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionReactors 0.6.0)
System Heat - Resource Converter Configuration (SystemHeat-Converters 0.6.0)
System Heat - Resource Harvester Configuration (SystemHeat-Harvesters 0.6.0)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.10.25)
Throttle Controlled Avionics (ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.8.0.1)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.8)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.3)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.11.0.0)
TUFX (TUFX 1.0.5.0)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.6.16)
TweakScale Companion for ReStockPlus (TweakScaleCompanion-ReStockPlus v1.1.0.0)
TweakScale Redistributable (TweakScale-Redist v2.4.6.16)
Universal Storage II Finalized (UniversalStorage2 4.0.0.7)
USI Core (USI-Core v112.0.1)
USI Exploration Pack (USI-EXP v112.0.1)
USI Freight Transport Technologies (USI-FTT v112.0.1)
USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (UKS 1:v112.0.1)
USI Life Support (USI-LS v112.0.1)
USI Tools (USITools v112.0.1)
Waterfall - Restock (WaterfallRestock 0.2.3)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.9.0)
WaypointManager (WaypointManager 2.8.3.4)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.2.4)

Edited by GNO-SYS

4 hours ago, CorSPACE said:

Does anyone know if its possible to load only certain Restock models? I would really like a version of restock that doesnt change the parts that squad have redone them selves. Not a huge fan of the large srb models or swivel/reliant models.

Welcome to the forums.

Yes there is a way through the use of black and while lists.  Search the OP to this forum topic and read through the FAQs.  There you'll find a link.

Edited by Brigadier

On 10/13/2022 at 2:03 AM, GNO-SYS said:

At first,  I thought this was Waterfall, but I uninstalled all plume-related mods and tested it again, and it kept doing it. For some strange reason, the engine glow effect inside the Restock engines is flickering black on my rig. I tried a bunch of things. Clean install, you name it.

The flickering remains constant even when the game is paused. Looks like a weird depth buffer/draw issue. It only happens on Restock engines. I have absolutely no idea what's causing it. I have an RTX 3090 FE running the latest 522.25 driver. This is my modlist:

Probably scatterer TAA.

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Probably scatterer TAA.

That's so funny. I was getting desperate, digging through config files, and I was eyeing Parallax and Scatterer settings the other day and wondering what the heck, and if I should disable temporal anti-aliasing, since I figured the problem had to be some sort of goofed-up post-process effect, but never actually worked up the nerve to do it.

I just disabled Scatterer TAA, and the problem didn't go away, but then, I also disabled TUFX's TAA, and poof. The visual glitch is gone. (Multiple, overlapping TAA implementations from different mods, oh my gawd). I can confirm that TUFX's HDR implementation also makes some parts from this mod kinda see-through, so I disabled that, too.

Thank you so much!

If I may add, your mods were always my favorite. They measurably improve and expand upon the base game, and have consistently high-quality meshes and textures, and Waterfall is just plain amazing. I'm not surprised at all that you're on the KSP2 dev team. They're lucky to have you.

There should probably be a note in the OP to warn people to disable Scatterer and TUFX TAA and TUFX's HDR to make sure they can see Restock parts in their full glory.

Edited by GNO-SYS

You said that you disabled Scatterer's TAA first but never checked that re-enabling it caused the issue again. It might be worth checking to see if it is actually performing fine with it enabled.

It would actually be more beneficial to post issues like this in the TUFX thread (not that it'll get any further development) so that it is documented and people are aware that the issue lies with that mod, it affects much more that just ReStock, in this way.

EDIT: I misspoke, I didn't realise that JonnyOThan had taken over maintenance/development of TUFX. In that case documenting the issue over there in it's thread would be the best way forward.

Edited by Poodmund

21 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

You said that you disabled Scatterer's TAA first but never checked that re-enabling it caused the issue again. It might be worth checking to see if it is actually performing fine with it enabled.

It would actually be more beneficial to post issues like this in the TUFX thread (not that it'll get any further development) so that it is documented and people are aware that the issue lies with that mod, it affects much more that just ReStock, in this way.

EDIT: I misspoke, I didn't realise that JonnyOThan had taken over maintenance/development of TUFX. In that case documenting the issue over there in it's thread would be the best way forward.

Actually, I also did the opposite (at first). I disabled TUFX's TAA while leaving Scatterer's on, and I still had this problem. In fact, I completely uninstalled TUFX and it still did it. Then (after reinstalling TUFX), I did what Nertea said, and disabled Scatterer's TAA, but then, it persisted until I disabled TUFX's TAA in-game. Both Scatterer and TUFX's TAAs did the same exact thing independently of each other. I'll leave a post in each thread mentioning the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently installed restock with CKAN and it works and looks good except for one minor irritant.  Many of the vehicles now now have a tag saying 2 things are missing.  They all still work normally and there have been no crashes but I would like to see the warnings go away. 

The parts missing are:  module B9 partswitch and module B9 partinfo.  I have no idea what they are or what the do and would just like the warnings to go away.

This, really, has almost nothing to do with ReStock and likely because the craft save files were created using another mod that was using B9PartSwitch to add modules (fuel switching maybe) to your parts... and now you have subsequently uninstalled B9PartSwitch and are trying to open these craft files.

The easy way to resolve this is to load the craft file, take a part off the craft and delete it, add the part back and then save the craft file.

27 minutes ago, miklkit said:

I do not have any idea what B9 is/was

B9 is a mod that supports part mods, helping them switch variants of parts. It has been bundled with a fair number of mods, so you probably got it when downloading something else.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, funnelton said:

howdy, has anyone else had a glitch with the mk2 docking port? Im pretty sure its restock since when i removed it from gamedata, the textures came back to normal.

6IwQ5sL.png

1cXahsK.png

Are you using Textures Ulimited Recolor Depot? I had the same issue when using Restock + TURD.