[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

1 hour ago, Davi SDF said:

Are you using Textures Ulimited Recolor Depot? I had the same issue when using Restock + TURD.

hmm.. i did add it recently, ill try cutting some stuff out of TURD and see what happens

Edited by funnelton
yaaaay new page

• 1 month later...

Hey all. I've searched (both this thread and a general google search) and not found an answer to this. I'm trying to whitelist some stock textures that are used by a mod and getting the following type of error:

[LOG 18:44:21.975] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'GoodspeedAerospace/Parts/Command/discovery1/goodspeedDiscovery1'
[ERR 18:44:21.975] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/mk 1-2 external shell Variant-Hatch' to replace with

[ERR 18:44:21.975] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model001' as cannot find texture 'Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/mk 1-2 external shell Variant-Hatch NRM' to replace with

I think it may be because there are spaces in the names? I'm positive I've got the folders/spelling right. Is there particular syntax for files names with spaces in them? Can I just enclose them in quotes?

-K

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could someone make a list of all mods that are kind of "restock styled" like, using most part mods feels weird because they clash with the polycount of restock parts or just aren't as high detail. (That's not a bad thing, Just preference.)

47 minutes ago, bQuest said:

Could someone make a list of all mods that are kind of "restock styled" like, using most part mods feels weird because they clash with the polycount of restock parts or just aren't as high detail. (That's not a bad thing, Just preference.)

All mods by Nertea, like the Near Future suite follows the same style
Bluedog Design Bureau is a great part mod that adds some historical american rockets
Any mod by Beale (example being Tantares) is pretty close
Any mod by EStreetRockets (example being Rocket Motor Menagerie) is also very very good
Any mod by Benjee10 (example being Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit) is (again) very very good

Those are the ones that i remember (there are many!)

4 hours ago, Davi SDF said:

All mods by Nertea, like the Near Future suite follows the same style
Bluedog Design Bureau is a great part mod that adds some historical american rockets
Any mod by Beale (example being Tantares) is pretty close
Any mod by EStreetRockets (example being Rocket Motor Menagerie) is also very very good
Any mod by Benjee10 (example being Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit) is (again) very very good

Those are the ones that i remember (there are many!)

5 hours ago, bQuest said:

-Knes is good for ESA parts.
-SPOCK is kinda sorta an offshoot of SOCK but provides parts to make the Pathfinder from For All Mankind Season 2.
-@DylanSemrau makes good stuff, most notably Photon Corp, which provides shuttle style SRB's.
-MK33 from @Angel-125 is also good, which provides Venturestar parts. @Angel-125's stuff is good in general, though some of the older stuff may seem out of place (I still love them personally).
-I also like @Damon's Tundra Exploration, but again, it may not be for everyone depending on what you define as "stockalike."
-If you're into spaceplane stuff, I'd also look at OPT Spaceplane, but get both Legacy and Continued if decide to use it. Also it was never really completed, so prepare for some minor strangeness.
-If you want some extra flavor I'd also recommend Conformal Decals, Modular Launch Pads, and IVA mods like MOARdV's Avionics Systems, RasterPropMonitor, and Reviva (which provides options to switch to different IVA's for the same craft).
(should not there seems to be a minor conflict between MOARdV's Avionics and Raster, but it's a relatively easy fix).

-Some up and coming ones I'd also check out are @josselin2196's New Generation ESA Rocket mod (Ariane 6 and some other goodies) and @chaos113's Kats (old shuttle concepts).

9 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

-Knes is good for ESA parts.
-SPOCK is kinda sorta an offshoot of SOCK but provides parts to make the Pathfinder from For All Mankind Season 2.
-@DylanSemrau makes good stuff, most notably Photon Corp, which provides shuttle style SRB's.
-MK33 from @Angel-125 is also good, which provides Venturestar parts. @Angel-125's stuff is good in general, though some of the older stuff may seem out of place (I still love them personally).
-I also like @Damon's Tundra Exploration, but again, it may not be for everyone depending on what you define as "stockalike."
-If you're into spaceplane stuff, I'd also look at OPT Spaceplane, but get both Legacy and Continued if decide to use it. Also it was never really completed, so prepare for some minor strangeness.
-If you want some extra flavor I'd also recommend Conformal Decals, Modular Launch Pads, and IVA mods like MOARdV's Avionics Systems, RasterPropMonitor, and Reviva (which provides options to switch to different IVA's for the same craft).
(should not there seems to be a minor conflict between MOARdV's Avionics and Raster, but it's a relatively easy fix).

-Some up and coming ones I'd also check out are @josselin2196's New Generation ESA Rocket mod (Ariane 6 and some other goodies) and @chaos113's Kats (old shuttle 

Ive got good news on kats, dc3 is now back on track meaning 2 shuttles are currently in active dev

Also sound of thunder baikal spacecraft is possible ive got a friend making a rough model of it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey! I'm using only restock and restock+, found a small bug - there is no sound on LV-T05 and LV-T10 when running, all the other engines work just fine. When I remove restock it comes back.

EDIT: I have fixed it. It is caused by the Unkerballed mod, this patch will fix it if anyone else is having this issue:

@PART[UKSliquidEngineLVT05,UKSliquidEngineLVT10]:NEEDS[UnKerballedStart&Restock&Waterfall]:FINAL
{
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		%runningEffectName = fx-LVT05-running 	
	}    
}

Edited by rafalek

Hey, I decided to start playing with some mods finally  and after a while I wanted to run a quick tutorial as a refresher for flying, this time with new joystick. I installed some mods good for begginer, which i still am, but I discovered in flying tutorials, that my objective marker goes crazy. After narrowing it down I found that its Restock, thats doing it.

Essentialy what happens is that the pinkish marker, that I should follow to reach orbit (that the guide gives me) starts moving but then immediately jumps back to 90 degrees pointing upwards.
Any help?

On 3/4/2023 at 7:55 AM, AVaughan said:

I'm not associated with restock development, but the tutorials tend to break with mods, so don't use mods until after you have done the tutorials.  

Ok, thx a bunch. Will check during career playthrough if the Target/Objective markers still get crazy.

I'm having problems with blacklisting some parts, can anyone help me? How is it supposed to work? I tried adding a // to all parts and it doesn't change nothing. I don't want to use some restock parts cause i can't recolour them, like the MaterialBay

8 hours ago, NaviG said:

I'm having problems with blacklisting some parts, can anyone help me? How is it supposed to work? I tried adding a // to all parts and it doesn't change nothing. I don't want to use some restock parts cause i can't recolour them, like the MaterialBay

You'd probably be better served by using the Janitor's Closet mod. You can 'soft' blacklist mods which will just remove them from being visible in the VAB/SPH but will still be loaded. Won't do anything for load times if that's your primary concern, but it's a safer method. It does also come with a prune feature which renames the parts so they won't load at all as well, but there's potential for breaking things that way.

12 hours ago, NaviG said:

I think you have a misunderstanding of what the blacklist/whitelist does. By default, all stock parts that are replaced by ReStock are blacklisted. Whitelisting a stock part will override the blacklist and ensure that the models/textures for that stock part are loaded in the case that another mod uses those files.

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I think you have a misunderstanding of what the blacklist/whitelist does. By default, all stock parts that are replaced by ReStock are blacklisted. Whitelisting a stock part will override the blacklist and ensure that the models/textures for that stock part are loaded in the case that another mod uses those files.

Oh... yeah, i misunderstand that. Thanks for the explanation. So, isn't there anyway to blacklist restock parts? Like, block them not only for being loaded, but also, load stock parts instead? Maybe I can explain the problem i'm facing:

While some parts of restock are cool, and i won't recolour them with other mod that only recolours Stock parts, i prefer them, for example, I won't recolour a thermometer and the textures that come from restock are very cool. Also, i would like to know how to implement restock chute's textures on realchute systems, but this its not where we should talk about it. I already asked in the respective topic for help.

So if i can "block" some restock parts for being loaded into the game, can u explain me how can i do that? And i can avoid to load them in the RAM, it's even better!

Handpicking parts to use from ReStock is not a supported feature... and kinda goes against the idea of the mod, I think both Nertea and Cineboxandrew mentioned as much previously somewhere.

You can of course white a stock part and then go in and manually butcher the config patches to stop ReStock making edits to the stock part in question. You're on your own at that point though.

With respect to using ReStock parts/assets on other mods' parts, again, you're on your own and would require an understanding as to the part config syntax/format and also as to how Module Manager does its patch handling. I would suggest you take a look at the Module Manager Wiki for some guidance. https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki

8 hours ago, Grimmas said:

FWIW, the prune feature renames the config IIRC... that means the part won't show up in VAB, however KSP will still find and load the associated model files and textures, which is where the primary performance hit is.

The textures and model files _have_ to be loaded, JC has no idea if anything else is referencing those files, and no way to find out, either

Somebody noticed this covering is not shining as the rest of the parts? Is it possible to use TURD colours on Restock? I tried SimpleRepaint but it doesn't add shine effect.

anKkXk0_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

Edited by NaviG