[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

I think I found a conflict. It seems like Missing History's 3.75 texture patch causes some weirdness with this mod's 3.75 parts. Minor issue, but one you ought to know about.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/172232-16x-missinghistory-v172-handy-parts-to-complement-making-history/

1 hour ago, d4harp said:

I feel like this logic is backwards. If the restock+ textures/models already exist, why revert back to the making history version?

In a making history install, the vanilla styled 1.8m decoupler stands out like a sore thumb amongst all the restock decouplers.

The new models and textures are used to replace the MH parts in exactly the same way stock parts are replaced. The RS+ part is hidden so as not to pollute the part catalog.

22 minutes ago, Javascap said:

I think I found a conflict. It seems like Missing History's 3.75 texture patch causes some weirdness with this mod's 3.75 parts. Minor issue, but one you ought to know about.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/172232-16x-missinghistory-v172-handy-parts-to-complement-making-history/

Yes we're working to minimize the impact.

1 hour ago, Puggonaut said:

This is amazing actually it's EPIC , thanks so much to all for making this happen .

You always get your mods done fast , it boggles my brain how you can look after so many , i'm in awe of your skillset . thanks for continuing to serve the KSP community .

In this case, it's simply a matter of scanning the files for references to the Squad directory and making the appropriate file.

16 of my mods are affected, they will be updated in the next day or so with the whitelist file

Restock & Restock+ look amazing, bravo!

---

For other end users, you may want to whitelist the following models based on your mods installed and whether you have active flights that use affected parts:

(there should be much better ways to resolve the issues with cloned parts, like using the ReStock models instead, but this should be a good start until the mods update for compatibility)

BetterSRBs:

• Squad/Parts/Engine/MassiveSRB
  • Squad/Parts/Engine/solidBoosterBACC

MissingHistory (this one has a lot more incompatibilities & overlaps than just models):

• Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/ConeA/pointyNoseConeA
  • Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/ConeB/pointyNoseConeB
  • Squad/Parts/Command/inlineAdvancedStabilizer
  • Squad/Parts/Command/probeStackSmall
  • Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-1kBattery
  • Squad/Parts/Engine/MassiveSRB
  • Squad/Parts/Engine/solidBoosterBACC
  • Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTankLarge
  • Squad/Parts/Utility/ServiceBay/ServiceBay_125

DockRotate:

• Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankOscarB/model
  • Squad/Parts/Utility/radialAttachmentPoint/model

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

In this case, it's simply a matter of scanning the files for references to the Squad directory and making the appropriate file.

16 of my mods are affected, they will be updated in the next day or so with the whitelist file

How you can say it's simple is beyond me , but thanks again .

Just now, Puggonaut said:

How you can say it's simple is beyond me , but thanks again .

KSP.log shows all of the missing models if they were referenced, or you can use the git grep command on the source repository to find references to both models and textures in one go.

:o Glad I'm typing, because it's going to take awhile for me to put my jaw back into place. I've never cared to replace the stock textures until I saw this. Great job Nertea and team. Downloading now.

I know the ReStock team is dealing with accommodations with other mods (through appropriate whitelisting) and bugfixes.  But for the future, I was wondering how we can suggest new parts to go into ReStock+.  I think it's great the 45° RCS quads and others were included.

But I'm also thinking about the pre-KSP 1.0.5 Mk1 Cockpit.  To have that get the ReStock treatment and proper support of one part with all-white and lower black texture variants would be great. :)

There has been many a congrats
already in this thread
So just a few more perhaps...
no, you will not be spared.

We appreciate the work;
the skills you have at art.
It takes us out of a murk;
a rebirth of each part.

No more shall we meddle
combining bits of mods in vain...
We will push hard on the pedal:
stunning screenshots to be our gain!

Peace.

Released some fixes as 0.1.1

• Fixed solar array pivots on already-built craft having some potential issues
  • Fixed interstage shrouds on already-built and decoupled craft hanging around when they shouldn't
  • Fixed diameter of Mk16-XL parachute and Mk26 parachute
  • Fixed vertical offset of Mk16 parachute

18 minutes ago, link4531 said:

for parts that overlap with missing history or other mods, is it possible to have Restock+ be placed as additional variants to these parts? such as the LV-T15?

MissingHistory's Pug & Valiant engines and the ReStock+ versions are both based on the same original Porkjet models. When installed, they appear as different engines with different part confignode names. For now, if you want to mess around with ModuleManager patches, you can hide the MissingHistory versions and add ModulePartVariants to the restock versions, but I don't know why you would want to have low poly/res versions as variants - zoomed out they look almost identical, especially the Pugs.

For other parts, it depends on the differences of the parts, as stock ModulePartVariants doesn't support a lot of customization options beyond mass, models, and textures.

Edited by Eridan

I would like to add my congrats to everyone for their hard work on this mod. I can attest to the level of effort on this as @CineboxAndrew is my son so I've been seeing the effort first hand. He knows his old man really digs a well animated antenna and I especially thank him for sweating those details. However much effort you think this required from all involved, it was a lot more, I can promise you. 

Great work everyone - it really looks amazing. 

6 hours ago, cineboxandrew said:

I recommend not doing this. A fix is already staged for 0.1.1 that fixes the solar panel pivot orientations, but if you’ve done this or deployed any other panels while Restock is enabled, you’ll just need to do it again once 0.1.1 is installed since they’ll be saved in the 0.1.0 orientations instead of the stock/0.1.1 orientations. 

I made a small MM patch that makes the unshrouded panels retractable that you can install temporarily, which might make this process a bit easier once the update is ready

That's rather hilarious. See what happens, when you put bug spray into your save files. Please, tell me I didn't break the engine shrouds though!

I apologize to anyone who decided to use my solution.

And thank you for the MM patch, manually crawling these files can be a nightmare.

Edit: 

36 minutes ago, Gryphorim said:

I might be derping really hard on this one, but every time I try and download Restock (tried Spacedock and Github), I get RestockPlus instead.
What am I missing here?

You're not alone, someone must've been really tired. That's for the Spacedock, GitHub works totally fine for me.

Edited by MuchozolF

49 minutes ago, Gryphorim said:

I might be derping really hard on this one, but every time I try and download Restock (tried Spacedock and Github), I get RestockPlus instead.
 What am I missing here?

The GitHub download looks fine but there was an issue with the Spacedock one that has been corrected

So yeah, the Spark shrouds are gone where they should, in the 0.1.1 release, so Ants decided it's their time to shine. This time I'll submit the issue to GitHub.

1yACNOw.jpg

Terriers are freaking out too, in my campaign. I have messed with them though, so I think, I should deal with it on my own. Just in case though, I'ma say: I have fixed my Sparks and Terriers; prior to 0.1.1, manually. Ants didn't require my attention, as they were just fine in 0.1.0.

bqxtqis.jpg

Edit: I've just added a comment to the interstage fairings issue. No need to add a new thing, it seems.

Edited by MuchozolF

KSP 1.6.1, Restock/Restock+ 0.1.0, GPP, RealPlume RealChute (plus a host of others but these seem to be the relevant ones).

Everything appeared ok before Restock and Restock+ installation earlier today.  I had a mission which had completed it's contract and was deorbiting.  I saw and resolved the solar panel issue by recycling them.  First symptom I noticed was that there were no reentry effects below 50km when there should have been.  Then I noticed that without any assistance - no chutes deployed, no propulsion active - the craft was decelerating rapidly, all by itself eventually reaching <200 m/sec at 20+ km.  I staged chute arming but there were no animations although there was sound and the craft slowed further.  Console log heavily spammed with Real Chute exceptions.  There was no full chute deployment (sound or visuals) but the craft decelerated to and maintained 30 m/sec.  Part context menu appeared correctly.

Output_log hereKSP log here.

I can post craft file, if necessary.  I can post to GitHub, too, if required.

Pinging @stupid_chrisas well.

I reverted to my last known save and can repeat the process.  It's late so I will troubleshoot tomorrow.

Edit 1 - Man, I'm an idiot..it was RealChute, not RealPlume.  I must have been tired.

Edited by Brigadier
Mistake in original post.

2 hours ago, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.6.1, Restock/Restock+ 0.1.0, GPP, RealPlume (plus a host of others but these seem to be the relevant ones).

Everything appeared ok before Restock and Restock+ installation earlier today.  I had a mission which had completed it's contract and was deorbiting.  I saw and resolved the solar panel issue by recycling them.  First symptom I noticed was that there were no reentry effects below 50km when there should have been.  Then I noticed that without any assistance - no chutes deployed, no propulsion active - the craft was decelerating rapidly, all by itself eventually reaching <200 m/sec at 20+ km.  I staged chute arming but there were no animations although there was sound and the craft slowed further.  Console log heavily spammed with Real Chute exceptions.  There was no full chute deployment (sound or visuals) but the craft decelerated to and maintained 30 m/sec.  Part context menu appeared correctly.

Same here on one of my games, plus plume of my mainsail was something like 40 meters below the point it should have been. On another game, without realplume and realchute, absolutely no problem, work like a charm (and I wasn't ready for the cuteness of Mk16 pre-deployement ^_^  ). I don't feel the need to play with those "realthing" mode, so it's ok for me, but if it can help... Though I don't have any "proof" of that... 

Edited by Rawenwarcrow

1 hour ago, Rawenwarcrow said:

Same here on one of my games, plus plume of my mainsail was something like 40 meters below the point it should have been.  

There are issues with RealPlume for some engines (Most are fine). I thought about doing corrections in the realplume configs but I was very impressed by the stock plumes the ReStock team has done. So I just deleted the squad folder inside GameData/RealPlume-Stock so that I get Restock plumes for stock engines and still have RealPlume for my other mod parts.

(most of the realplume fixes look quite simple though for anyone motivated to do so)

Really nice mod and much better than stock

My only quibble is with the mk1-3 Command Pod which no longer fits sumghai's excellent SDHI Service Module.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/48073-16x-sdhi-service-module-system-v401-25-december-2018/&tab=comments#comment-683549

I've tried whitelisting the stock mk1-3 Command Pod to get it back but to no effect. Would be nice if the part was switchable as I really don't want to remove the restock version mk1-3 command pod