[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

1 hour ago, kurgut said:

Little detail, the lv-909 terrier, is off by a bit so the plume exhaust "through" the  nozzle.

VfKEtd4.png

Ugh...I thought we fixed all those! I'll take a look at it tonight. Thanks for the note

Is it just a feeling or the parts drag is lowered? Because I'm doing a simple reentry now, with some mk1 command pod/fuel tank/terrier (tried multiple times), and I end up flying at > 1300 m/s at 11km high with fairly nominal reentry profile ( should be way lower, also, high altitude drag seems lowered by a lot too..) .. Any clue ?

jSCLNkc.png

(stock aero, no Far and such)

Edited by kurgut

@kurgut It's possible that there are some drag differences, but they generally shouldn't have a large effect.

Is that the orientation the vessel followed all the way down (ie pod first)? And is there a parachute on top (the Restock parachutes have their drag cubes copied directly from stock)?

The pod and fuel tanks have basically the same shape as stock, so their drag cubes should be the same. The Terrier could be a little different depending on which variant is used.

18 minutes ago, aceman67 said:

Seriously cannot wait to see what you guys are going to do with the Mk2 spaceplane :D

@MuchozolF ReStock used the Mk2 plane parts as a reference and only added normal maps to them. No need has been seen (yet, anyway) to upgrade them.

1 minute ago, Tyko said:

I thought it looked odd, but was gonna check anyway. Thanks for confirming

It's the RealPlume conflict, due to the thrust or effect transforms being named and positioned differently.

Just now, DMagic said:

@kurgut It's possible that there are some drag differences, but they generally shouldn't have a large effect.

Is that the orientation the vessel followed all the way down (ie pod first)? And is there a parachute on top (the Restock parachutes have their drag cubes copied directly from stock)?

The pod and fuel tanks have basically the same shape as stock, so their drag cubes should be the same. The Terrier could be a little different depending on which variant is used.

No, In all my attempts the craft was oriented retrograde of course. Yes, they're some realchutes (radial), but the actual real chute parts, not stock (using for a while, so don't think it's this).

Anyway, I did like 10 reentry tests, and it wan't nominal. But I'll test further before considering this as an issue,  with just a command pod heatshield/ with a shuttle/etc (reentry profiles I know), to see if there's really a difference.

1 hour ago, Horus said:

Is it possible to have the Restock part and Stock part at the same moment? I'd like to have a restocked Mk1-3 and its' stock version for SDHI mod.

Yes. 

You need to whitelist the stock Mk1-3 Command Pod, then create a new configuration file I’ve quoted  myself below. I also stated where I saved it to

On 3/7/2019 at 10:04 PM, adm-frb said:

@Streetwind

Added this config file

+PART[mk1-3pod]:NEEDS[ReStock]:FIRST
{
    @name = mk1-3pod-old
    @title = Mk1-3L Command Pod
    @description = Many Kerbals have asked what the 'L' means. Verner's answer was beyond simple. "This is the old version of the Mk1-3 Command Pod. It does not mean 'Lunch!'"
}

GameData>Mk1-3L>Mk1-3L.cfg

That will give you both versions of the command pod

Edited by adm-frb

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Sort of...I meant a clean 1.6.1 - I have 70-odd mods in my save at the moment.  My log is on the previous page but I'm happy to create a clean 1.6.1 and retry.

Give me a little time and I'll see if I can replicate lodestar's ascent problem, too.

Reentry Tests: All mods installed via CKAN to KSP 1.6.1.  Provisional Restock patch not applied to Stock KSP. 

Built a basic craft: chute, capsule, tank and engine which I cheated into Kerbin orbit then deorbited.

Test 1 - Stock KSP Output Log  KSP Log - Deorbit went as expected all the way to splashdown.

Test 2 - Stock KSP + Restock + ModuleManager (dependency) Output Log KSP Log - Deorbit went as expected all the way to splashdown.

Test 3 - Stock KSP + Restock + ModuleManager (dependency) + RealChutes - I initially could not get the RealChutes' interface to appear in the VAB after I added RealChutes, so I removed Restock and then immediately reinstalled it.  The RealChutes' UI then appeared in the VAB after KSP restart.  I accepted the default RC settings and applied them to the single chute.  Deorbit went as expected all the way to splashdown.  Output Log KSP Log

Test 4 - KSP + 114 add-ons (the original config that displayed my problem, including GPP, Restock, RC, and the provisional patch but without Real Plume).  Created a new sandbox game for the test.  Built the same craft as above and cheated into orbit.  Deorbit produced no visual reentry effects at all and the RC chutes functioned properly.  Output Log (I screwed up copying the KSP Log but it's easy to reproduce) .  I note the exceptions at the end of the output log.

Test 5 If I remove Restock, and rerun the previous test, the reentry effects returned but the chutes didn't work (see the frequent NREs in the log) and the RC UI wasn't available.  Should I have removed the provisional patch?  Output Log KSP Log.

I have not attempted to replicate the ascent problem yet.

7 hours ago, adm-frb said:

Yes. 

You need to whitelist the stock Mk1-3 Command Pod, then create a new configuration file I’ve quoted  myself below. I also stated where I saved it to

That will give you both versions of the command pod

Thank you for your help :)

5 minutes ago, cineboxandrew said:

The thrust is exactly half of the Twin-boar, so take it up with Squad

OK it's time for me to rebalance ALL the engines! According to Porkjet"s design sheet!

p.p.s. Corgi is a cluster. Poodle is a cluster? You are declustering engines. So single KR-10?

Edited by Gapone