[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

2 hours ago, kurgut said:

When pivoting lights, the light effect doesn't change direction accordingly, restock issue?

(not the best screenshot, but you got me)

here in reversed rotation, light effect still the same

rTSkN1N.png

Screwed up, sorry. Issue created.

20 hours ago, Poodmund said:

As suggested recently in the thread, close the game, navigate to KSP's root folder, Drive:/Path/Kerbal Space Program/, and delete the file 'PartDatabase.cfg' and then re-run the game and see if it resolves the issue.

Thanks that worked

This is wonderful. Though If I could get a variant of this mod that keeps the stack versions of the part available through part variants then this would never leave my mod loadout. I don't want to have to miss out on the work Squad is putting into redesigning the stock parts for this, Plus having having visually different (though statistically identical) parts would be very useful for a Faction themed playthrough that I have been wanting to do for some time now.

22 minutes ago, kurgut said:

@Nertea The changelog says about need of an "updated realplume" for RP compatibility, but I can't find any update, or is this a fork/whatever?

No update has been added, but some fixes were made to make things easier for RealPlume to fix in the future. 

I think I may have found a small bug!

The thrust of the LV909 Terrier engine is slightly offset from centre (all variants). This can be demonstrated in the VAB by placing the engine and rotating it along the long axis to see the thrust indicator wobble about.

BMydTcA.png

Reproducible with restock 0.1.2, module manager 4.0.2, and KSP 1.6.1

7 hours ago, Nertea said:

FYI hilariously deleting the bugged Restock+ project on Spacedock also deleted the uploads for the base mod too. 

Get things from Github until addressed please... 

I'm guessing they're doing something hilariously bad w/r/t urlencoding where your + is interpreted as a space and then trimmed off the string. 

1 hour ago, hieywiey said:

On the Science Jr., only the right door opens. Is this intentional?

SKzt7zM.png

From the last page:

On 3/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, cineboxandrew said:

Thanks for reporting this, I just pushed a fix which will be included in the next update

Edited by theonegalen

I’d have worked on it some more myself (seems straightforward), but I’m on vacation right now (sitting at hotel breakfast drinking coffee in advance of the family getting their act together).

On 3/10/2019 at 8:37 AM, marcb said:

Problem solved after a fresh install and reinstalling ReStock and Engineer Redux mods through CKAN. Not sure what caused the issue. I still have the faulty install on the side, if a dev want me to dig a bit more. If not, I'll simply wipe it out :)

Well, not really. I installed the mod on another computer (still linux, but completely different distribution/hardware) and ran in the exact same problem. Except that wiping the current installation does not solve anything. I can see in the log that it is correctly blacklisting Squad's assets:

[Restock] Reading blacklist ReStock/Restock.restockblacklist
(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
[Restock] Removing blacklisted assets
(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
[Restock] Removing Squad/Parts/Aero/aerodynamicNoseCone/Rockomax_Adapters_diffuse.dds

Then I can see some restock parts are loaded:

Load(Texture): ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-heat-shield-1-alt-n
Load(Texture): ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-heat-shield-1-alt

Load(Model): ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-heatshield-0625-1
Load(Model): ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-heatshield-125-1
Load(Model): ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-heatshield-25-1

Config(@PART[parachuteDrogue]:AFTER[RealChute]) ReStock/Compatibility/RealChute/@PART[parachuteDrogue]:AFTER[RealChute]
Config(@PART[parachuteLarge]:AFTER[RealChute]) ReStock/Compatibility/RealChute/@PART[parachuteLarge]:AFTER[RealChute]

And here's what I have when playing the game:

zzjFLPb.jpg

6 hours ago, Gapone said:

@Nertea Why don't you use variants with only texture switch? Don't you know how to do it?

I'd suggest reading the OP of the thread; it does a pretty good job of explaining the rationale for what the mod does and why.

Given that Nertea is one of the best known modders in the KSP community, with years of experience and many of the game's most popular mods, backed up in this case by several other extremely experienced and well known modders in a team effort, I'd say that it's fairly safe bet that they know what they're doing and have good reasons for their approach. ;)

9 minutes ago, Nafiu Sean said:

Does this mod work with mods that modifies or adds something to every command module, let's say a mod like Kerbalism?

ReStock only changes what parts look like, so yes, it will work with such mods.