[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

7 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

It is both awesome and infuriating that a group of modders has just blown away the work done by paid professionals.

Indeed. And imagine the poor folk who are working on upgrading the stock parts just now... Still with inconsistencies and everything...

The bar is definitely a bit higher now, but I dont think the devs care much. They should just hire the Restock gang, or buy it off of them. Along with some other work of Nertea.

7 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

Is there a way to donate?

Find a link for donations in the OP. And many thanks in advance, on behalf of the whole community.

Edited by Dafni

I have no words to describe how incredible this mod and its additional version are, but it would be great to have more color options as the mod DKC did, however the DCK problem is that it overcame the whole piece with a solid color and the details of the piece disappeared, I am a super fan of the creator of AirplanePlus and his works the parts for airplanes are perfect, I built many military planes with the parts of Airplane Plus, and gave life to several of them with the DCK, I hope that in the future all the pieces Restock plus Restock plus have at least the option of 3 basic colors: Standard gray, Black and White, I know that for military airplanes there is a different military gray, but if there are at least 3 options it would be much easier and pleasant to build, and both I and other DCK users could retire the same. Who knows in a future update, congratulations To everyone involved in the Restock / Restock Plus project, ladies / gentlemen, you have changed the way you see the game, forever.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:26 PM, Blasty McBlastblast said:

I think I may have found a small bug!

The thrust of the LV909 Terrier engine is slightly offset from centre (all variants). This can be demonstrated in the VAB by placing the engine and rotating it along the long axis to see the thrust indicator wobble about.

BMydTcA.png

Reproducible with restock 0.1.2, module manager 4.0.2, and KSP 1.6.1

https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/issues/553

12 hours ago, Aurum6 said:

Man, I picked a good to start playing KSP again. This mod is awesome! Big thanks to Nertea and everyone else involved.

I do have a question about the LV-N engine though. I'm seeing a small glow coming out of the bell even when the engine is turned off. Is this intentional?

I also noticed that when Kerbal Atomics and Restock are installed together, the LV-N no longer has an option to run on LH2. I totally understand if this is just something you haven't gotten around to fixing yet. I'm just surprised since Restock only changes the appearance of the engine, not the functionality of it.

Kerbal Atomics needs to be updated, it does stuff to the plume and they conflict. 

2 hours ago, Catatau_27 said:

I have no words to describe how incredible this mod and its additional version are, but it would be great to have more color options as the mod DKC did, however the DCK problem is that it overcame the whole piece with a solid color and the details of the piece disappeared, I am a super fan of the creator of AirplanePlus and his works the parts for airplanes are perfect, I built many military planes with the parts of Airplane Plus, and gave life to several of them with the DCK, I hope that in the future all the pieces Restock plus Restock plus have at least the option of 3 basic colors: Standard gray, Black and White, I know that for military airplanes there is a different military gray, but if there are at least 3 options it would be much easier and pleasant to build, and both I and other DCK users could retire the same. Who knows in a future update, congratulations To everyone involved in the Restock / Restock Plus project, ladies / gentlemen, you have changed the way you see the game, forever.

More colour variants are unlikely to happen, sorry. 

11 hours ago, cineboxandrew said:

I’m told Indicator lights will be getting an update soon with a patch. And I believe the only incompatibility right now is some odd LED positioning on the small inline reaction wheel

really!!

anything i should know before pulling the trigger on tthis though? i heard people talking of ships breaking because of it. i currently have two science missions active, one at the mun, and one at minmus, each with two kerbals, should i bring them and their science home before installing?

Just now, putnamto said:

really!!

anything i should know before pulling the trigger on tthis though? i heard people talking of ships breaking because of it. i currently have two science missions active, one at the mun, and one at minmus, each with two kerbals, should i bring them and their science home before installing?

It should not break anything in any existing saves, but of course it never hurts to make a backup. If you have any problems with save compatibility please report them on the github page

12 hours ago, cineboxandrew said:

I’m told Indicator lights will be getting an update soon with a patch. And I believe the only incompatibility right now is some odd LED positioning on the small inline reaction wheel

really!!

really!!

wow, my internet is being screwy today

Edited by putnamto

20 minutes ago, herkyuman said:

Why are all the parts affected by this mod gone? Only the parts that weren't affected are there.

Welcome to the forums. There are several possible reasons, so please link a copy of KSP.log generated by your game so troubleshooting can be done. The file should be directly under your Kerbal Space Program folder.

1 hour ago, Eridan said:

Welcome to the forums. There are several possible reasons, so please link a copy of KSP.log generated by your game so troubleshooting can be done. The file should be directly under your Kerbal Space Program folder.

It should go under GameData, not in the KSP folder

17 hours ago, cineboxandrew said:

Can you post your log? It’s hard to help without knowing what’s going on

Sure, but already did... See the following posts:

On 3/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, marcb said:

Well, not really. I installed the mod on another computer (still linux, but completely different distribution/hardware) and ran in the exact same problem. Except that wiping the current installation does not solve anything. I can see in the log that it is correctly blacklisting Squad's assets:

[Restock] Reading blacklist ReStock/Restock.restockblacklist
(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
[Restock] Removing blacklisted assets
(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
[Restock] Removing Squad/Parts/Aero/aerodynamicNoseCone/Rockomax_Adapters_diffuse.dds

Then I can see some restock parts are loaded:

Load(Texture): ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-heat-shield-1-alt-n
Load(Texture): ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-heat-shield-1-alt

Load(Model): ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-heatshield-0625-1
Load(Model): ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-heatshield-125-1
Load(Model): ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-heatshield-25-1

Config(@PART[parachuteDrogue]:AFTER[RealChute]) ReStock/Compatibility/RealChute/@PART[parachuteDrogue]:AFTER[RealChute]
Config(@PART[parachuteLarge]:AFTER[RealChute]) ReStock/Compatibility/RealChute/@PART[parachuteLarge]:AFTER[RealChute]

And here's what I have when playing the game:

zzjFLPb.jpg

On 3/8/2019 at 8:59 PM, marcb said:

Hi !

I'm new here and fairly new in KSP with less than 200hours... But this mod really looks great !

I've trouble installing it though... I'm using linux and have latest KSP installed.

Whenever I have the ReStock unziped in my GameData along with other mods, all space part disapear and I'm left with the plane ones. If I try to load a savegame, I have a warning because a very long list of spacecrafts (all?) are missing parts.

I've tried to simply remove all the other mods as I was suspecting a conflict, but it doesn't change anything.

Is there some quirks that I'm not aware of for installing this mod ? Sorry if this is a known problem; I've looked at the github issues, reddit and here...

edit: here's the log : https://oc.kataplop.net/s/zzDxcJkJwmeGKmp Can't see anything strange...

I'm willing to dig this further, but I've done all I've been thinking about...

5 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

If this is Linux-specific, is it possible that the path format used by ReStock to target its assets is somehow incompatible with that OS, but works on Windows?

I've installed ReStock and ReStock+ in Linux and it seems fine to me. The spacecraft parts all appear as expected.

(Also, my install was upgraded from 1.5 and I don't have any problems with the 1.25m tanks' stack nodes.)

21 minutes ago, marcb said:

Sure, but already did... See the following posts:

I'm willing to dig this further, but I've done all I've been thinking about...

I can't see the DLL for Module Manager in the log you uploaded.

Spoiler

Environment Info
Unix 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP.x86_64 

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
Restock v0.1.0.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35

Folders and files in GameData:
ReStock
Stock folder: Squad

ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
toolbar-settings.dat

I'm reading through the AssemblyLoader section but it is also nowhere to be found.

ReStock needs the dll for Module Manager 4 to work.

44 minutes ago, marcb said:

If you search for the phrase:

PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

You'll see all of the stock parts are trying to load the stock models and failing. ReStock prevented the stock assets from loading, but the module manager patches failed to change the models to the ReStock ones.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTankRadial/xenonTankRadial/xenonTankRadial'

PartCompiler: Cannot clone model from 'Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTankRadial' directory as model does not exist

PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

Please verify if you have ModuleManager v4.0.2.0 in your GameData directory.

I was just about to comment, it seems as though the Blacklist plugin is working fine, hence the part assets being blocked from loading, but the paths to the new ReStock assets are not getting patched in, which would suggest that Module Manager is not present to do this task.