[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

1 hour ago, marcb said:

Ok, I'll check that ! What's weird is that I tried to install it from CKAN to minimize the PEBKAC factor and it did not work, maybe there's something missing there ?

The problem was the missing ModuleManager. Sorry for the several messages :/

Thanks for the help and thanks for this great mod !

19 minutes ago, kurgut said:

I don't know if this have been addresed already, but the hitchiker crew compartiment doesn't IVA/crew portrait things, restock issue?

Tested in a game with only Restock and Restockplus, none of those problems appeared... Must be something else. 

3 hours ago, marcb said:

Ok, I'll check that ! What's weird is that I tried to install it from CKAN to minimize the PEBKAC factor and it did not work, maybe there's something missing there ?

The main Feature of CKAN is supposed to be automatic dependency checking. If it failed to download Module Manager while installing ReStock, then the ReStock metadata file on the NETKAN repository needs to be adjusted.

1 minute ago, Streetwind said:

The main Feature of CKAN is supposed to be automatic dependency checking. If it failed to download Module Manager while installing ReStock, then the ReStock metadata file on the NETKAN repository needs to be adjusted.

Yes, but I've checked and the dep is (as expected) correctly described. I can't use CKAN on my second setup (ie. here) so I can't test, but I'll sure give a new try on my other one (ie. home). If I'm the only one reporting this issue and CKAN works later when I test it, then we can safely blame me for screwing the install, even thought  I did everything I could to not waste your time...

16 minutes ago, marcb said:

Yes, but I've checked and the dep is (as expected) correctly described. I can't use CKAN on my second setup (ie. here) so I can't test, but I'll sure give a new try on my other one (ie. home). If I'm the only one reporting this issue and CKAN works later when I test it, then we can safely blame me for screwing the install, even thought  I did everything I could to not waste your time...

If it helps, it's safest to

1. backup your saves
  2. delete the contents of the GameData folder
  3. reinstall your copy of KSP
  4. install ModuleManager from here: https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager-RO/ (DLL should be inside the GameData folder) (all hail Sarbian)
  5. install ReStock & ReStockPlus from your preferred source, into the GameData folder
Edited by Eridan
praise sarbian

40 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/blob/master/CKAN/ReStock.netkan

Nope, they're fine. 

So, as Spectra was just released for 1.6, I decided to swap out SVE for it. Spectra recommends using Restock, and I figured "hey, that looks pretty - I'll take it!". But then I ran into this odd feature, where the exhaust from the rockets is offset quite considerably below the vessel.

ksp-offset-thrust-vector.png

Similarly, the Aerodynamic Overlay marker in the VAB is offset in the same manner.

ksp-offset-aerodynamic-overlay.png

It does seem to be affecting the performance (flight) of the vessel, so I don't believe that it's just a graphics glitch.  I removed Restock from my setup to confirm that it was the cause of the offset, and things went back to normal when I removed it.

Now, my dilemma is that I would REALLY like to include Restock (and Restock+) in my setup as it is super-solid work and it looks brilliant. Any ideas as to what is going on? Has anyone else seen this issue? In case it might be an engine specific issue, the engines depicted are Mainsails.

Here is my log, should it be required.

18 minutes ago, Rawenwarcrow said:

Looks like the known problem with realplume; if you have it, you have to delete the Squad cfg from realplume; Restock already have personalised plumes, that's why there's a conflict between them. 

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a spin and report back.

EDIT: Thanks Rawenwarcrow. It was indeed the Realplume stock cfgs conflicting with Restock. The matter is resolved.

Edited by pseudamin
Issue Resolved

34 minutes ago, KaitoSSB said:

Running into this texture thing when loading a vehicle in the VAB or reverting flight after reinstalling the Squad folder and after deleting the Module Manager Cache. I also am seeing fuel tanks being duplicated in my tech tree. Any help?

Log

You’ll have to describe the issue. What’s wrong with the textures?

6 hours ago, marcb said:

I must have done something wrong during the first 4 or 5 tries, as I can't reproduce the issue when installing using CKAN. Everything works as expected ! Sorry for the noise !

38 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

How can I use SSPXR with ReStock, and keep the ReStock models?

I thought they were the same :huh: Anyway, the patches that do that are located in GameData\StationPartsExpansionRedux\Patches\SSPXr-StockPartReplacements.cfg

You can delete the whole file, or the lines related to the parts that you don't want changed. 

Instead of deleting you can also change the .cfg extention to something that the game doesn't read, like .txt or .cfg.prune. Or put a // in front of the lines that you want to be ignored. This way is easier to revert changes in the future. 

4 hours ago, cineboxandrew said:

You’ll have to describe the issue. What’s wrong with the textures?

My apologies. The textures seem to clip into one another at the ends of the fuel tanks for certain tanks. I've been in Career only so far so the only one I am currently seeing is the FL-T400 with it.

2 hours ago, KaitoSSB said:

My apologies. The textures seem to clip into one another at the ends of the fuel tanks for certain tanks. I've been in Career only so far so the only one I am currently seeing is the FL-T400 with it.

Based on your log it looks like some old part files from a previous version of KSP are hanging around in GameData/Squad.  I'd recommend replacing that entirely from a fresh install.

35 minutes ago, cineboxandrew said:

Delete the squad folder manually when reinstalling. Steam does something weird when you click uninstall on a game

When uninstalling/reinstalling games like Darkest Dungeon and Oxygen Not Included, Steam outright ignores files in the game folder that don't correspond to anything found in the latest installation package, to the benefit of preserving mods not from the Steam Workshop. It feels weird with KSP since the GameData folder can contain both stock and mod files.

Edited by Eridan

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Based on your log it looks like some old part files from a previous version of KSP are hanging around in GameData/Squad.  I'd recommend replacing that entirely from a fresh install.

Thanks for the info, I tried it before but i guess I sidn't delete any pre-existing KSP files from the Steam folder with the fresh install (hence old parts) definitely fixed the issue!

New PR for RealPlume here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs/pull/81

Edited configs available via the same URLs:

On 3/7/2019 at 8:23 PM, Psycho_zs said:

I did some work on RealPlume patches, but that was in early February, so some things might be re-broken since then. Plus I couldn't crack RAPIER and Vector yet. Hopefully I will retest this in a couple of days and update the patches.

For those who want to scamper into action with wild abandon:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs/pull/79

https://github.com/Vladimir-csp/RealPlume-StockConfigs/tree/master/GameData/RealPlume-Stock/Squad

https://github.com/Vladimir-csp/RealPlume-StockConfigs/tree/master/GameData/RealPlume-Stock/ReStockPlus

@Nertea, maybe you could boost it into title post until RealPlume updates. I see RealPlume-related questions pop up here periodically.