[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

35 minutes ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

How can I delete the plume of the Mammoth engine. Ive had some problems with overheating. In stock it doesn't do those. So i just want to keep the plume of the Mammoth engine stock.

I think the visual plume and the actual thrust/heat effect are separate (game mechanics-wise)

Some more info About when you’re seeing this problem would probably be useful. 

2 hours ago, Jognt said:

I think the visual plume and the actual thrust/heat effect are separate (game mechanics-wise)

Some more info About when you’re seeing this problem would probably be useful. 

Well ive built a rocket that works perfectly with some parts clipping inside eachother. But when i install the game it initially starts to heat. Thats the only problem. 

9 hours ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

Well ive built a rocket that works perfectly with some parts clipping inside eachother. But when i install the game it initially starts to heat. Thats the only problem. 

Probably something about the engine's heating got changed in restock, to fix simply remove the engine from the restock folder, or it's just that your computer just doesn't like restock.

If that isn't helpful, just add radiators. (Don't forget to turn them on (I forget all the time)).

2 hours ago, Mountain Parrot said:

Probably something about the engine's heating got changed in restock, to fix simply remove the engine from the restock folder, or it's just that your computer just doesn't like restock.

If that isn't helpful, just add radiators. (Don't forget to turn them on (I forget all the time)).

Ok I'll try. Also radiators wont work. Its a first stage.

9 hours ago, Mountain Parrot said:

I tried removing the engine but it didnt work. I mean the engine stayed the same. How can i remove the engine.

21 hours ago, RoninFrog said:

Has anyone noticed that rescue pods have old textures?

I don't fully know what you mean by rescue pods, but maybe you mean that spawned pods for rescues use old models. This is a problem with KSP, it just picks any part to spawn these contracts, so what you're seeing are old stock pods that are not part of the game anymore that we don't touch. 

22 hours ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

We don't change things about heating. Please provide some more information, for example craft file, screenshots, etc.

Not sure if this is a known issue when using this with 1.9.1 (I know Restock and Restock+ aren't officially updated for it yet), but some parts seem to just be missing. So far I can't find the Ursa or the Caravel engines. I used my testing instance where I have zero other mods installed - just Restock, Restock+, and Module Manager. I started up a brand new Sandbox game, and neither of those engines are listed. Other parts are, but at least those two aren't. I checked my Career save, and they're both listed in the tech tree, but again, not available in the VAB.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Just saw the spoiler text on page 1 that says they're disabled if using Making History... not sure why they show up in the tech tree though.

Edited by jfjohnny5

4 hours ago, jfjohnny5 said:

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Just saw the spoiler text on page 1 that says they're disabled if using Making History... not sure why they show up in the tech tree though.

See the two quoted posts below:

On 3/5/2020 at 6:46 AM, Wyzard said:

I noticed that the ReStock+ "disabled if Making History is installed" parts aren't fully disabled when MH is installed — they still appear in the tech tree.  For example, both the FL-TX900 (MH) and FL-X900 (RS+) appear in the "Fuel Systems" tech node.

The reason is that ReStockPlus/Patches/MakingHistoryPartHiding.cfg has the line "@TechHidden = True" for those parts, but the "@" operator only modifies an existing attribute; it won't add it if it's not already there.  Since the MH parts don't already have TechHidden attributes, that line doesn't do anything.

Changing it to "%TechHidden" — which edits an existing attribute if there is one, but creates a new one if not — fixes the bug.

On 3/5/2020 at 8:10 AM, Poodmund said:

@Wyzard, thanks for the feedback... this issue has actually already been fixed and will be incorporated into the next release: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/pull/799

Just to let you all know that I'm pumped that all the things I wish for in ReStockPlus you are working on.

You are super awesome all of you.

Stay healthy, stay safe.  Stay awesome, and thank you for allowing us to kill our kerbals in rockets with beautiful textures.

Peace.

32 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Just to let you all know that I'm pumped that all the things I wish for in ReStockPlus you are working on.

You are super awesome all of you.

Stay healthy, stay safe.  Stay awesome, and thank you for allowing us to kill our kerbals in rockets with beautiful textures.

Peace.

Agreed! Especially the 3.75m service bay - have been looking forward to that for a long time!

On 3/22/2020 at 10:10 AM, Zerolera said:

I know you guys are working hard as always in every update, but PLEASE, you cant do mini updates, part for part, instead of do a BIG update that take months to do?

I know you're impatient, but it's quite hard to ensure that unpaid volunteers give you more quality content on a regular basis. For obvious reasons. 

Work on this mod is usually not as simple as 'oh, make a cool part and release it'. For example, when we do design work on a new size class (e.g. as 5m parts in this update) we need to more or less work on most of the main parts at the same time to ensure that unity of design is correctly followed. There's no point to releasing a single 5m fuel tank and not touching the others. This is an extreme example but you can see how it applies to most parts, that we typically release in sets. We also need to coordinate with our QC people as we try to maintain a high standard of testing in the mod.

On 3/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, pt1243 said:

Agreed! Especially the 3.75m service bay - have been looking forward to that for a long time!

Just so you know this will not be coming in the next update. Things in that 'wishlist' issue are just that, wishes, and aren't scoped for immediate development unless they exist as a new issue.

29 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Just so you know this will not be coming in the next update. Things in that 'wishlist' issue are just that, wishes, and aren't scoped for immediate development unless they exist as a new issue.

Thanks for the info - looks like I'll have to stick to my resized 2.5m service bay for the time being :D. Apologies if my post came across as pushy or demanding, that wasn't my intention. Please continue being awesome and making great content!

Edited by pt1243

If I could make a suggestion and this deal with probe core re-textures...

I was wondering if it is at all possible for the probe core to put a little "Arrow" or something like they do on Decouplers ) to show you the way the probe core is facing.. in short the probe core should be facing up on  that the rocket (if it uses Mechjeb will act Properly..

Else we might get this happening a lot without that mark.. So a tiny little arrow or something to show us "Which way is up" on the probe core would be nice.

Space_Coyote

On 3/28/2020 at 6:55 AM, Space_Coyote said:

I was wondering if it is at all possible for the probe core to put a little "Arrow" or something like they do on Decouplers ) to show you the way the probe core is facing.. in short the probe core should be facing up on  that the rocket (if it uses Mechjeb will act Properly..

Else we might get this happening a lot without that mark.. So a tiny little arrow or something to show us "Which way is up" on the probe core would be nice.

You can reverse the control direction on the probes. Generally speaking, the text label on the probe denotes the standard control direction.

Edited by sharpspoonful

I use ReStock(no rs+) with realPlume. They act very well, except the part of Mainsail and Skipper engine. They have the original rs plumes instead of rp ones. The developers of rp told me it's because the new Mainsail and Skipper in 1.9 use new part names but rs still use the old one and disabled the new one.(Do I understand correctly?) 

Now I think I can disable the rs patch of Mainsail and Skipper. I simply added some lines in the provided RestockPatchDisabler.cfg file:

Spoiler

@PART[liquidEngine1-2]:BEFORE[ReStock]
{
    RestockIgnore = True
}

@PART[engineLargeSkipper]:BEFORE[ReStock]
{
    RestockIgnore = True
}

But I'm not sure if I did everything correctly. Will it solve my problem? What should I do?

h1yHYdVbICm9NJU.png

(As you see, the Poodle's plume works fine.)

3 hours ago, Harvey W. said:

I use ReStock(no rs+) with realPlume. They act very well, except the part of Mainsail and Skipper engine. They have the original rs plumes instead of rp ones. The developers of rp told me it's because the new Mainsail and Skipper in 1.9 use new part names but rs still use the old one and disabled the new one.(Do I understand correctly?) 

Now I think I can disable the rs patch of Mainsail and Skipper. I simply added some lines in the provided RestockPatchDisabler.cfg file:

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[liquidEngine1-2]:BEFORE[ReStock]
{
    RestockIgnore = True
}

@PART[engineLargeSkipper]:BEFORE[ReStock]
{
    RestockIgnore = True
}

But I'm not sure if I did everything correctly. Will it solve my problem? What should I do?

(As you see, the Poodle's plume works fine.)

The "problem" is not due to a restock patch but because of the way the RealPlume patch for Restock is written.

If you dont want to wait for ReStock and RealPlume to update what you can do is go to

RealPlume-Stock/Squad and open the the files liquidEngineMainsail_v2.cfg and engineLargeSkipper_v2.cfg

At the top of each file you will find

@PART[engineLargeSkipper_v2]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen,!ReStock] //

remove the !ReStock so it looks like this

@PART[engineLargeSkipper_v2]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]//

The plumes will now work.

HOWEVER

Once ReStock updates, this will cause conflicts so its up to you to remember that and restore the files back to the way they were. Once restock updates, new plumes for the ReStock engines will only be available once I update RealPlume.

Edited by Zorg

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

The "problem" is not due to a restock patch but because of the way the RealPlume patch is written.

If you dont want to wait for ReStock and RealPlume to update what you can do is go to

RealPlume-Stock/Squad and open the the files liquidEngineMainsail_v2.cfg and engineLargeSkipper_v2.cfg

At the top of each file you will find

@PART[engineLargeSkipper_v2]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen,!ReStock] //

remove the !ReStock so it looks like this

@PART[engineLargeSkipper_v2]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]//

The plumes will now work.

HOWEVER

Once ReStock updates, this will cause conflicts so its up to you to remember that and restore the files back to the way they were. Once restock updates, new plumes for the ReStock engines will only be available once I update RealPlume.

OHHH! Thank you very much! I think I will remember to restore the files. It fixes perfectly.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:55 PM, Space_Coyote said:

If I could make a suggestion and this deal with probe core re-textures...

Space_Coyote

Or you could pick the probe core up in the editor and press space to reorient it to the standard orientation.

14 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

Hi @Nertea, I wanted to know how you made those parachutes deploy so beautifully? I just wanted to make some other parachutes deploy like that.

They're animated that way - nothing special really. One animation is closed -> semi-deployed, the other is semi -> full.