[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

HSCA53t.png

Burning to escape Mesbin and visit the dwarf planet that shares its orbit, the binary asteroid Wers/Vizea.

I love the look of Restock Parts here. Normally you'd see a bright pink plume of ionized hydrogen, but the timewarp framerate is not good enough to see the plume, hah! (To be clear that's not a bug report)

I love the work you have done here, and I would love to use it, but I use SDHI for my CSM, and it doesnt really fit with your overhaul of the Mk1-3 pod (the umbilical decal doesnt show up, and the dimensions are different, which means the heat shield and the adapter ring dont fit)

Is there a way to exclude specific parts from being changed by your mod?

Edited by xx_mortekai_xx

23 hours ago, xx_mortekai_xx said:

Nevermind, I see the whitelist/blacklist thing.

same thing for me but if you succeed, please, can you share your file? all my attempts have not worked. Yes I know...i am a noob...

3 minutes ago, xx_mortekai_xx said:

what are you trying to do?

using SDHI whit the stock Mk1-3...I tryed to make a whitelist file but the F!"/$% restock model reaload each times... I don't know what I'm doing worng.

10 minutes ago, Vince_K said:

using SDHI whit the stock Mk1-3...I tryed to make a whitelist file but the F!"/$% restock model reaload each times... I don't know what I'm doing worng.

I got it working by removing the directory entry for the Mk1-3 from the blacklist (GameData\ReStock\Restock.restockblacklist) and commenting out the modulemanager file in the patches folder (\GameData\ReStock\Patches\Command\restock-command-pods.cfg).

Removing the blacklist entry allows the stock textures to load, while commenting out the modulemanager file entry removes the instruction for the model and textures to be changed.   If you only remove the blacklist entry, the pod wont change, as it will still change the model and texture, but the stock textures will load only to be unused.  If you only comment out the .cfg, youll get a strange version of the stock pod that has no textures and is impossible to select again once placed in the VAB or SPH.

If you are going to spend any time at all inside .cfg files, I would HIGHLY recommend picking up a good text editor like Notepad++ or Sublime Text.  Your eyes and nerves will thank you.

Edited by xx_mortekai_xx

5 minutes ago, Vince_K said:

A whitelist file allows certain stock assets to be loaded, but you still need to remove/disable the module manager patch.

In the file restock-command-pods.cfg change the line from

@PART[mk1-3pod]

to

@PART[mk1-3pod]:NEEDS[!SDHI]

Do a similar change for each command pod you want to revert.

47 minutes ago, Vince_K said:

it works! thank you!

Note that any changes you make will revert every time ReStock updates.

EDIT: making a custom.cfg somewhere in your GameData folder with the following would be a more permanent fix (?)

@PART[mk1-3pod]:BEFORE[ReStock]:NEEDS[SDHI]
{
 	@name = mk1-3pod-sdhi
}

@PART[mk1-3pod-sdhi]:AFTER[ReStock]:NEEDS[SDHI]
{
	@name = mk1-3pod
}

Edited by Eridan

I think there may be an incompatibility with the Decoupler Shroud mod.  I haven't proven it but when I installed Restock after installing Decoupler Shroud, many of the stock engine shrouds were stuck on similar to Issue #539  The issue persisted even after removing decoupler shroud.  However, when I did a clean install with just Restock and Restock+, the issue went away.

3 hours ago, Rawenwarcrow said:

I use Decoupler Shroud since before installing Restock/plus, and I had no problem so far... Were you able to reproduce the issue on a clean game?

Agreed. I use DeCoupler Shroud with ReStock and haven't seen the issue. 

1 hour ago, PatelPratham said:

How do I install this mod. CKAN wont work for me.

More info needed.

You dont use CKAN?

Or You do use CKAN, but it wont let you install Restock?

Why wont it install Restock?

Are you on KSP 1.6.1? (Restock wont work on 1.5.1 or earlier)

Do you have Venn's Stock Revamp installed? (It conflicts with Restock, You need to uninstall Venn's before installing Restock.

If you just want to do it manually, just download it and drag the Restock folder & MM4.0.2 out of the Zip and drop it in the GameData folder.

bmX2JDa.png

KerbMun Orbital Station (KMOS) in Medium Kerbmun Orbit. [Whirligig World, ReStock]

Whirligig World vastly rewards the construction and development of space infrastructure due to the high delta-v requirements for leaving Mesbin orbit (the oblate super-tylo in behind Kerbmun). I've already built a giant fuel miner/tanker which is sitting on the trojan minor moon which shares Kerbmun's orbit, and it will be sent to KMOS to correct KMOS' orbital inclination soon. This is only the Core Module of the station. I still need to send up the Fuel Tank Modules, the Power Plant Module, and a Docking Module.

The eventual use of this will be a station for interplanetary ships returning to the Mesbin system. Rather than get all the way down to Mesbin Low Orbit Space Station (MLOSS), where a very hefty circularization burn of over 4 km/s must be made, ships will aerobrake at Kerbmun, rendezvous with the KMOS, and then their crews will take Orbital Shuttles down to the MLOSS, and from there they can take Takeoff-Landing Shuttles back to the surface and their underground homes and families.

The KMOS will also be the starting point for the colonization of Kerbmun, nearly a thousand years later than initially intended.

21 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Whirligig World vastly rewards the construction and development of space infrastructure due to the high delta-v requirements for leaving Mesbin orbit (the oblate super-tylo in behind Kerbmun).

This sounds an awful lot like an advertisement for another mod

On 3/24/2019 at 4:59 PM, captainb said:

I think there may be an incompatibility with the Decoupler Shroud mod.  I haven't proven it but when I installed Restock after installing Decoupler Shroud, many of the stock engine shrouds were stuck on similar to Issue #539  The issue persisted even after removing decoupler shroud.  However, when I did a clean install with just Restock and Restock+, the issue went away.

On 3/24/2019 at 5:07 PM, Rawenwarcrow said:

I use Decoupler Shroud since before installing Restock/plus, and I had no problem so far... Were you able to reproduce the issue on a clean game?

On 3/24/2019 at 8:19 PM, Tyko said:

I'm slightly off topic, but this thread seems to be the most relevant place, seeing as the above quotes are from further up the page.

I've never encountered Decoupler Shroud before. It looks neat. That said, how well does it integrate with Restock, both functionally and aesthetically? For me, Restock is the must-have, so I'd like it all to "fit", if that makes sense.

In the OP of Decoupler Shroud, Basic Procedural Textures is mentioned as a suitable source of textures. How does BPT "fit" into the Restock mix?

TIA o7

1 hour ago, MisfitMarius said:
On 3/24/2019 at 1:19 PM, Tyko said:

I'm slightly off topic, but this thread seems to be the most relevant place, seeing as the above quotes are from further up the page.

I've never encountered Decoupler Shroud before. It looks neat. That said, how well does it integrate with Restock, both functionally and aesthetically? For me, Restock is the must-have, so I'd like it all to "fit", if that makes sense.

In the OP of Decoupler Shroud, Basic Procedural Textures is mentioned as a suitable source of textures. How does BPT "fit" into the Restock mix?

I'd suggest trying it for yourself and seeing. For me the DeCoupler Shroud textures work just fine and look great next to ReStock

BPT isn't textured as well as ReStock - I'm the one who made BPT and I'll freely admit that @Nertea and the other ReStock artists are light years ahead of me.  It's still fine for smaller utility parts - which is really what it was made for.