[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

Hello,

just had my first look at it ingame and while in some cases I prefer the original old KSP look, most parts look awesome. Since they reskinned many parts beyond recognition, this is a great chance to start using this mod.

I believe I have to report 2 bugs though:

- one part (I think it's the small reaction wheel) has a non-english name and description with lot's of broken/unsupported characters. If I had to guess I would bet on Spanish or Portuguese

- it's incompatible with or rather it breaks "Science Alert Realerted"

Thank you for your efforts

Nobody

P.S.: I'm running KSP 1.8.0 on Win7

It seems that 1.25m dome tank is borked when using FAR. I was wondering why my simple relay had such problems flying straight and turned aero overlay on. Huge drag coming from the dome.

Revert to VAB and have look at the debug voxels. Flat plane of voxels under the dome.

I've had these problem earlier with NFS folding fan panels and  I should have the MM patch to disable FAR for these problematic parts.

@PART[solarpanel-blanket-*]:FINAL
{
	!MODULE[GeometryPartModule]{}
}

Replace solarpanel-blanket-* with correct name and that should work until we get an update.

1 hour ago, Lathari said:

It seems that 1.25m dome tank is borked when using FAR. I was wondering why my simple relay had such problems flying straight and turned aero overlay on. Huge drag coming from the dome.

Revert to VAB and have look at the debug voxels. Flat plane of voxels under the dome.

I've had these problem earlier with NFS folding fan panels and  I should have the MM patch to disable FAR for these problematic parts.

@PART[solarpanel-blanket-*]:FINAL
{
	!MODULE[GeometryPartModule]{}
}

Replace solarpanel-blanket-* with correct name and that should work until we get an update.

Afaik FAR has a MM value you can add to make it use the mesh shape for the voxels, but for more info you’d have to dig through the FAR thread a bit. Searching in the FAR thread for Airplane Plus should net results as most posts I saw were with that mod. 

1 hour ago, Jognt said:

Afaik FAR has a MM value you can add to make it use the mesh shape for the voxels, but for more info you’d have to dig through the FAR thread a bit. Searching in the FAR thread for Airplane Plus should net results as most posts I saw were with that mod. 

Did some digging and wrote a patch that seems to have worked.

@PART[restock-fueltank-sphere-125-1]:NEEDS[Restock]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
    @MODULE[GeometryPartModule]
    {
        %forceUseMeshes = true
        %ignoreIfNoRenderer = true
    }
}

Just dropping this as a .cfg into my gamedata folder seems to have done the trick. On a semi-related note, Restock & Restock+ both seem to be working in 1.7.3 for me - I haven't done any extensive testing yet but nothing appears horrendously broken so far.

14 hours ago, Nertea said:

... but there is certainly a discord conversation where I express this process with less forum-safe words. 

If I may ask, is this discord group public? I would love to join and follow the development and discussions around it more closely.

Thanks in advance

Daf

7 hours ago, Dafni said:

If I may ask, is this discord group public? I would love to join and follow the development and discussions around it more closely.

Thanks in advance

Daf

Unfortunately no, we need to keep the SNR optimal to foster good development. 

5 minutes ago, catonthekbd said:

for me it breaks parachute deployment

chute info window is messed up, and chutes never come out

without Restock

With Restock

Need logs and mod lists. There's an issue about this on the repo, please add your logs and screenshots to it. https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/issues/751

13 hours ago, savvin said:

Thank you and your team for this mod. It's beautiful. Will you be changing stock parts from Aero category and shuttle parts? I would also like to see a redesigned A. I. R. B. R. A. K. E. S. with two colors: black and white

The plan is to not do much with most of the aero parts, but the airbrakes might use some work. 

4 hours ago, catonthekbd said:

for me it breaks parachute deployment

chute info window is messed up, and chutes never come out

without Restock

With Restock

For those interested this seems to be linked to installing FAR without RealChute. FAR provides a RealChuteLite patch in this case which we were unaware of and don't handle correctly. This is in verification but I think the solution is simple and will be in the next release.

On 11/6/2019 at 1:02 PM, Nobody6 said:

Hello,

just had my first look at it ingame and while in some cases I prefer the original old KSP look, most parts look awesome. Since they reskinned many parts beyond recognition, this is a great chance to start using this mod.

I believe I have to report 2 bugs though:

- one part (I think it's the small reaction wheel) has a non-english name and description with lot's of broken/unsupported characters. If I had to guess I would bet on Spanish or Portuguese

- it's incompatible with or rather it breaks "Science Alert Realerted"

Thank you for your efforts

Nobody

P.S.: I'm running KSP 1.8.0 on Win7

I have fixed the localization issue and it will be in the next release. I don't see how it would be incompatible with SAR, can you provide more info?

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

I have fixed the localization issue and it will be in the next release. I don't see how it would be incompatible with SAR, can you provide more info?

I seems I cannot upload an image...? It's doesn't appear to be as bad as I first thought. It still works, but it's near unusable because the text of most buttons and many other elements have been replaced with placeholders like "#ScienceAlert_label1", "#ScienceAlert_button5" and "ScienceAlert_toggle6". Which is not helpful unless you know from the location what it is supposed to be.

Edited by Nobody6
typo

Anyone using RealPlume having issues with engine exhaust being too large and bright. Having only gotten to Swivel in career mode, cannot confirm for later engines.

Might also have something to do with Missing History surgery and some dangling configs for removed parts. (Like duplicate "Pug" e.g.)

Need to dive deeper into configs and actually try to use Windows search to look for duplicate or conflicting entries...

19 minutes ago, Nobody6 said:

I seems I cannot upload an image...? It's doesn't appear to be as bad as I first thought. It still works, but it's near unusable because the text of most buttons and many other elements have been replaced with placeholders like "#ScienceAlert_label1", "#ScienceAlert_button5" and "ScienceAlert_toggle6". Which is not helpful unless you know from the location what it is supposed to be.

Cross-posted to LGG's thread as I have no idea what we could have done to break another mod's localization :S

18 minutes ago, Lathari said:

Anyone using RealPlume having issues with engine exhaust being too large and bright. Having only gotten to Swivel in career mode, cannot confirm for later engines.

Might also have something to do with Missing History surgery and some dangling configs for removed parts. (Like duplicate "Pug" e.g.)

Need to dive deeper into configs and actually try to use Windows search to look for duplicate or conflicting entries...

Make sure you have the absolute latest version of RP and RP-stock - @Zorg quite recently issued a fix for some issues. 

32 minutes ago, Nobody6 said:

Put the image of a file sharing site and post the link.

Do the same with the log file.  Too many questions to even hazard a guess as to what's going ob

51 minutes ago, Nobody6 said:

I just installed both in a test save.  I can confirm that the problem does exist. 

@Nertea I'm going to do some digging, will let you know what I find

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:
56 minutes ago, Nobody6 said:

I just installed both in a test save.  I can confirm that the problem does exist. 

@Nertea I'm going to do some digging, will let you know what I find

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with ReStock.  @Nobody6  I assume you installed/updated multiple mods?

The problem is that the localization file is missing in ScienceAlert.  I'll get a new release out in an hour or so

Until I get a release out, you can download this zip file and unpack it in the ScienceAlert folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp0yliz57b51zm1/Localization.zip?dl=0

10 hours ago, Nertea said:

Make sure you have the absolute latest version of RP and RP-stock - @Zorg quite recently issued a fix for some issues. 

10 hours ago, Lathari said:

The last release fixed some issues with RS 1.0 plume patches but you're right that Missing History has some incompatibilities which I've just discovered. I will push another patch that will resolve this conflict.

EDIT: and v3.0.1 of RealPlume-Stock just released should fix that.

Edited by Zorg

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with ReStock.  @Nobody6  I assume you installed/updated multiple mods?

The problem is that the localization file is missing in ScienceAlert.  I'll get a new release out in an hour or so

It's fixed. Sorry for suspecting ReStock, but I really thought that the only thing I changed between game sessions. I was in the middle of compiling the logfiles ect. when the update dropped. At least I know how to do that in the future.

Something else I just noticed:

Are some engines supposed to appear multiple times in the tech tree (with slightly different properties)? This was a thing in RP-0 where you would get better versions later on - are you doing the same? Is there a way to tell which mod installed/added/changed which component?

Thanks to all involved for the quick response.

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

The last release fixed some issues with RS 1.0 plume patches but you're right that Missing History has some incompatibilities which I've just discovered. I will push another patch that will resolve this conflict.

EDIT: and v3.0.1 of RealPlume-Stock just released should fix that.

Exhausts fixed, thank you!

I seem to have a weird issue with parachutes not showing up as items in VAB on a clean install with no mods other than restock installed on 8.1.

What is odd is that I have parachutes on my main install of 8.1 with 95 mods running. This is a new computer with nothing but base game and restock, but nothing in unlocked tech tree under parashutes. Links below...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz4d8he8o2ydrxf/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ej8qnvhcl2fwn5h/Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 11.31.19 AM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7mctggskr8gnsl/Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 11.32.52 AM.png?dl=0

12 hours ago, Nobody6 said:

Are some engines supposed to appear multiple times in the tech tree (with slightly different properties)? This was a thing in RP-0 where you would get better versions later on - are you doing the same? Is there a way to tell which mod installed/added/changed which component?

That will happen if you have Snark’s Missing History mod installed.

restock is extremely buggy right now.

good to know that parachutes are being looked at (fyi they are completely nonfunctional, even if I remove realchutelite from FAR the chutes deploy but have no drag and do nothing) but launch clamps are awful atm and cause kraken attacks. it seems as though stuff spawns below the launchpad, even using girders as an alternative is proving difficult

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

5 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

restock is extremely buggy right now.

good to know that parachutes are being looked at (fyi they are completely nonfunctional, even if I remove realchutelite from FAR the chutes deploy but have no drag and do nothing) but launch clamps are awful atm and cause kraken attacks. it seems as though stuff spawns below the launchpad, even using girders as an alternative is proving difficult

I don't see any issues with the parachutes and launch clamps in the stock KSP 1.8.1 (Restock 1.0.0). You will probably need to figure out, which mod(s) are messing with them.