[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

2 hours ago, DanKerbin said:

Feel free to slap me as much as you can but I have literally no idea how to install this into KSP, I haven't migrated to Steam and am using Mechjeb so I chucked it in the same folder as such, but alas I'm not sure *where* it goes or if I've even installed it properly in the first place. As I said, feel free to slap/beat me as appropriate but I'd love to use this.

1. Unzip the ReStock_0_1_1.zip file - inside you'll find GameData
  2. Open GameData - inside you'll find a folder named ReStock and ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll (see pic below)
  3. Copy both of those into your game's GameData folder

Here's a pic of what you'll find in the ReStock_0_1_1.zip/GameData folder:

kB9ua2G.jpg

Do the same with ReStock+ if you want that too.

2 hours ago, deflatedfruit said:

I've found a bug where the Rhino engine's exhaust comes out the behind of the engine when pointing retrograde. See the screenshot. I have used TweakScale to scale the engine down to 2.5m, so I don't know if that is the cause of the issue. I can't test anything right now as I'm on the Mun, but has anyone else seen this? Many thanks for an incredible mod as well!

Thanks for the note. I see it too and I'll log an issue  :) 

I'm seeing two warnings in the log that I can't figure out. I don't see these without Restock, so I think there's an error in the Restock patches for these two engines, but I don't see anything wrong.

[LOG 10:05:58.329] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineAerospike/liquidEngineAerospike/toroidalAerospike'
[WRN 10:05:58.342] WARNING: Vector4 entry is not formatted properly! Proper format for Vector4s is x,y,z,w

[LOG 10:05:58.662] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMk55/liquidEngineMk55/radialLiquidEngine1-2'
[WRN 10:05:58.674] WARNING: Vector4 entry is not formatted properly! Proper format for Vector4s is x,y,z,w

There seems to be some incompatibility with the RealChute mod.

I just started a new game with the mod and I couldn't get my first manned ship into orbit. By the time I decoupled the first stage, almost 2000m/s dv spent, I was still below 100m/s. I looked into Mechjeb's ascent stats and drag losses were over 1000m/s. I tried again with the aerodynamic overlay on, and the packed MK-16 chute on top of the Mk1 pod was dragging during the whole ascent. The same problem happened with the radial chute. The problem is gone after removing the  RealChute mod.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

16 minutes ago, lodestar said:

There seems to be some incompatibility with the RealChute mod.

I just started a new game with the mod and I couldn't get my first manned ship into orbit. By the time I decoupled the first stage, almost 2000m/s dv spent, I was still below 100m/s. I looked into Mechjeb's ascent stats and drag losses were over 1000m/s. I tried again with the aerodynamic overlay on, and the packed MK-16 chute on top of the Mk1 pod was dragging during the whole ascent. The same problem happened with the radial chute. The problem is gone after removing the  RealChute mod.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, there is a known issue: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/issues/530. You can test the fix by tossing this file in your install: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/blob/master/Distribution/Restock/GameData/ReStock/Compatibility/RealChute.cfg. If you do so please tell me if it works. 

40 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

I'm seeing two warnings in the log that I can't figure out. I don't see these without Restock, so I think there's an error in the Restock patches for these two engines, but I don't see anything wrong.

[LOG 10:05:58.329] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineAerospike/liquidEngineAerospike/toroidalAerospike'
[WRN 10:05:58.342] WARNING: Vector4 entry is not formatted properly! Proper format for Vector4s is x,y,z,w

[LOG 10:05:58.662] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMk55/liquidEngineMk55/radialLiquidEngine1-2'
[WRN 10:05:58.674] WARNING: Vector4 entry is not formatted properly! Proper format for Vector4s is x,y,z,w

Not sure what could be wrong, we only replaced plumes for these. 

Hi, I've got an issue with a mod that use stock model (seti probe parts). When restock is installed, those parts can't load, I guess because the model is deleted/changed? 

Any clue how could I fix that?

Thanks

4 hours ago, deflatedfruit said:

I have used TweakScale to scale the engine down

I'm just wondering if Tweakscale is *officially* supported with ReStock/ReStock+?

IIRC other mods like SSPRx and NF mods don't support change the sizes? (or maybe I'm wrong)

Edited by scottadges

33 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

@Nertea, for ReStock+, could you add 5m probe cores, and smaller RTGs?

Near Future Launch Vehicles has a 5m Probe Core

Near Future Electrical has another RTG

You can find them in other Nertea mods for now. Not sure if they'll ever be added here because it's redundant

Edited by Tyko

26 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

@Nertea, for ReStock+, could you add 5m probe cores, and smaller RTGs?

I have a FAQ entry for this:

Q: Will you add xxxx?
A: Probably not.

14 minutes ago, scottadges said:

I'm just wondering if Tweakscale is *officially* supported with ReStock/ReStock+?

IIRC other mods like SSPRx and NF mods don't support change the sizes? (or maybe I'm wrong)

I would take the same stance as I usually do: stuff is modeled for a specific physical texture density. Seeing it scaled up or down is like nails on a chalkboard. Nobody's stopping you from doing it, it won't break things, but... yeah.

17 minutes ago, kurgut said:

Hi, I've got an issue with a mod that use stock model (seti probe parts). When restock is installed, those parts can't load, I guess because the model is deleted/changed? 

Any clue how could I fix that?

Thanks

Hey, there's a few examples in this thread (and check the readme.txt), you need to generate a whitelist file for that mod. 

23 minutes ago, DanKerbin said:

Just for further piece of mind because I'm pretty sure somewhere's gone wrong wrong down the way 1.6.1, this is what I have for starters ZiGn4PQ.png

See how you have GameData/GameData? That's an extra GameData layer, get rid of that (move the ReStock and MM files up one level). 

17 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Tweakscale works on all the RS parts I've tried.

ReStock adds new Textures/models to Stock parts, but they keep the same names and stock behaviors. TweakScale already has patches to allow (most) Stock parts to be scaled so it works just the same.

7 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I would take the same stance as I usually do: stuff is modeled for a specific physical texture density. Seeing it scaled up or down is like nails on a chalkboard.

I fully respect and indeed agree with that POV. :wink:

In fact, I've come to appreciate the level of detail you're talking about with SSPXr and your NF mods, so I rarely need/want to Tweak 'em. (Just asking the question for the thread)

Edited by scottadges

On 3/7/2019 at 6:06 AM, FirroSeranel said:

The 0.625m inline Reaction Wheel has an issue with the lights from IndicatorLights being positioned floating in space and extra-large. This appears to be because the stock 0.625 Reaction Wheel has a Rescale Factor of 0.5 built in, while the ReStock part does not... so the Indicator Lights people doubled the scale and position coordinates for the lights. It's easily corrected by undoing this doubling in their config file. A patch could do the same... just not sure if that would be more appropriate to put here or there.

Has been reported as #540, I'll see about adding an indicator light to the RS+ radial gyroscope as well

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

Yes, there is a known issue: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/issues/530. You can test the fix by tossing this file in your install: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/blob/master/Distribution/Restock/GameData/ReStock/Compatibility/RealChute.cfg. If you do so please tell me if it works.

In my limited testing, no it did not.  I removed Restock and Restock+ and everything returned to normal and was able to return my in-orbit craft successfully to the surface.  Something appears to be playing havoc with the physics while RealChutes is installed.

I placed the above .cfg file in my own custom directory in GameData.  Should it have gone somewhere else (I don't believe it matters as long as it's in GameData)?

I will continue to experiment.

Edited by Brigadier

11 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

In my limited testing, no it did not.  I removed Restock and Restock+ and everything returned to normal and was able to return my in-orbit craft successfully to the surface.  Something appears to be playing havoc with the physics while RealChutes is installed.

I placed the above .cfg file in my own custom directory in GameData.  Should it have gone somewhere else (I don't believe it matters as long as it's in GameData)?

I will continue to experiment.

That sucks. Guess I'll keep looking into what might be wrong. 

Just now, Brigadier said:

Is there a configuration you would like me to try?  KSP 1.6.1 + Real Chutes + Restock, perhaps?

Isn't that what you're testing? Plus that config file, that is. 

A copy of the logfile would be nice. 

Hi !

I'm new here and fairly new in KSP with less than 200hours... But this mod really looks great !

I've trouble installing it though... I'm using linux and have latest KSP installed.

Whenever I have the ReStock unziped in my GameData along with other mods, all space part disapear and I'm left with the plane ones. If I try to load a savegame, I have a warning because a very long list of spacecrafts (all?) are missing parts.

I've tried to simply remove all the other mods as I was suspecting a conflict, but it doesn't change anything.

Is there some quirks that I'm not aware of for installing this mod ? Sorry if this is a known problem; I've looked at the github issues, reddit and here...

edit: here's the log : https://oc.kataplop.net/s/zzDxcJkJwmeGKmp Can't see anything strange...

Edited by marcb
add log file to make message more useful

1 minute ago, Nertea said:

Isn't that what you're testing? Plus that config file, that is. 

A copy of the logfile would be nice. 

Sort of...I meant a clean 1.6.1 - I have 70-odd mods in my save at the moment.  My log is on the previous page but I'm happy to create a clean 1.6.1 and retry.

Give me a little time and I'll see if I can replicate lodestar's ascent problem, too.