[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

3 hours ago, DDE said:

Couple of things I'll have to carry over,

If you have an efficient way of taking parts from Ven's and using them alongside ReStock (which BTW literally, RS & RS+ are default for me now THANK YOU THANK YOU Nertea!).... I would be super-interested in some quick tips on how to get Ven selects & ReStock to play nicely?

I don't really know much about patches and I can barely manage a blacklist file, so any help showing how you bring over some of Ven's parts would be amazingly appreciated!

5 hours ago, scottadges said:

If you have an efficient way of taking parts from Ven's and using them alongside ReStock (which BTW literally, RS & RS+ are default for me now THANK YOU THANK YOU Nertea!).... I would be super-interested in some quick tips on how to get Ven selects & ReStock to play nicely?

I don't really know much about patches and I can barely manage a blacklist file, so any help showing how you bring over some of Ven's parts would be amazingly appreciated!

I’ve not even started on that front, but I do remember Ven’s basic file structure - patches for existing parts and minor additions are in large files divided by type, whereas new parts come with individual .cfg’s.

I’ve come up with a selection that shouldn’t intersect with Restock, so it’s mostly about truncating or deleting most of Ven’s mod - which will be relatively easy for added parts, but much less so for the altered omes.

Edited by DDE

On 3/6/2019 at 9:53 AM, Zorg said:

Congratulations to everyone who worked on this! Truly outstanding!

Look at this filthy gas generator! :o

c1Au5IXh.jpg

Cgj1Ivzh.png

w3DYHy8h.png

Poodle is cool now!

Am back to actually using stock parts :cool:

Did you use a lighting mod for those screenshots ? The way the rocket parts are illuminated looks different

Edited by Mopoii
Miss-spelling

Updates completed! Spacedock's still down, but you can get it from GitHub, and CKAN points to Git as well, so it should be fine.

Restock  0.1.4

•  KSP 1.7.x
  •  Fixed scale of linear RCS collider (#569)
  •  Fixed flag transform on Mk1 lander can (#558)
  •  Adaptations for stock 1.7 changes
    •  Propagated legacy patches for 1.6-era parts into a Legacy folder
    •  New base model for Twitch
    •  New variants for Twitch with 1.6-era Restock podded model
    •  Tuned colliders, pivots of parts to line up with 1.7-era parts
  •  Plugin improvements:
    •  Warn user if Restock is installed in the wrong location
    •  Warn user if old 1.25m tank directories are detected
  •  Added French localization of Restock strings (thanks Challyss)

Restock+ 0.1.4

•  KSP 1.7.x
  •  Changed radial material bay and inline goo canister to use localization strings (#557)
  •  Fixed radial material bay and inline goo canister not counting for satellite contracts (#557)
  •  Adjusted cost of Boar to 7000 from 12000 (#571)
  •  Adjusted cost and masses of all RCS blocks for consistency with KSP 1.7 (#582)
  •  Changed Torch tech node to Precision Propulsion, ASL Isp to 275s from 260s, mass from 0.3 to 0.29 (#582)
  •  Changed Pug vacuum Isp to 330s from 320s (#582)

Edited by Nertea

6 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

@Nertea do you have any pics of the new Twitch, and its associated variants? 

Sure. Not the best picture but you get the idea. It is effectively just a different mount than the podded one - changed a little to fit in the new footprint. 

Edited by Nertea

Thanks for all the hard work, any plans to do ladders in the future? I remember the ladders in Vens Srock Revamp were my favorite part, and something that in the base game just look kind of ugly. I'd love to see some enhancements in that area.

12 hours ago, Mopoii said:

Did you use a lighting mod for those screenshots ? The way the rocket parts are illuminated looks different

Hi, I am using the post processing mod KS3P and Planetshine to adjust the ambient light.

I would strongly recommend not using the default config included with KS3P as its mainly there to demonstrate the different effects at very high strengths. I use and highly recommend the config in the forum post below.

PS. I am also using Engine Lighting relit which illuminates the rockets from below when the engines are running if thats more what you meant. In any case all of these mods are contributing to the look.

Edited by Zorg

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

Hi, I am using the post processing mod KS3P and Planetshine to adjust the ambient light.

I would strongly recommend not using the default config included with KS3P as its mainly there to demonstrate the different effects at very high strengths. I use and highly recommend the config in the forum post below.

PS. I am also using Engine Lighting relit which illuminates the rockets from below when the engines are running if thats more what you meant. In any case all of these mods are contributing to the look.

Ok thanks for all the info ;)

On 5/11/2019 at 9:13 AM, Nertea said:

Updates completed! Spacedock's still down, but you can get it from GitHub, and CKAN points to Git as well, so it should be fine.

thx Nertie'n'Co, you guys rock :D

40 minutes ago, Challyss said:

I still have the original 1.825 heat shield. Am I dumb ? (I know, the answer is most likely "yes")

It would be hard to have a replacement, because it hasn't been built yet (that list linked shows the planned MH parts that might be tackled with the next major version of Restock).

24 minutes ago, Nertea said:

It would be hard to have a replacement, because it hasn't been built yet (that list linked shows the planned MH parts that might be tackled with the next major version of Restock).

That makes sense. I just saw your recent work on NF Solar. Looks great. Thanks again for your work !