[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

18 hours ago, Nertea said:

Restock 1.1.2

• Changed ModuleManager pass from [Restock] to [000_Restock]

Can you explain what prompted this change?  Do you anticipate changing it again? I'm trying to debug some problems with Indicator Lights that disappeared and textures that changed after updating ReStock when everything was working like I intended before the update. 

Edit: Found my problem.  I had some personal patches to make things work that relied on BEFORE[ReStock] that now needed BEFORE[000_ReStock]

Edited by Tonka Crash

2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

Can you explain what prompted this change?  Do you anticipate changing it again? I'm trying to debug some problems with Indicator Lights that disappeared and textures that changed after updating ReStock when everything was working like I intended before the update. 

Edit: Found my problem.  I had some personal patches to make things work that relied on BEFORE[ReStock] that now needed BEFORE[000_ReStock]

A few high profile mod authors who wanted to use the content in the mod felt that would be better. I'm still not sure if it's the right choice, but in doing it I did tell people not to do this again... For exactly the reasons you have exemplified.

5 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

It's kinda vindicating to see that this change is breaking mods interactions in exactly this way.

So is that a good thing? Not sure.  I want to know why it was requested now! 

I have yet to see if this affected  the TETRIX or SIMPLEX TechTree mods as I haven't had time since the update.  Can anyone tell me if that's the case please?

Peace.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:38 PM, Nertea said:

A few high profile mod authors who wanted to use the content in the mod felt that would be better. I'm still not sure if it's the right choice, but in doing it I did tell people not to do this again... For exactly the reasons you have exemplified.

So that's why some of my tweaks stopped working... Reminds me of "Privatize the profits, socialize the losses."

Is this only for ReStock, or also ReStockPlus?

Edited by Jognt

On 5/28/2020 at 6:04 PM, Jognt said:

Stock thing as far as I know. 

Edit: if the 250 is New, I’m guessing they borrowed from the stock big ISRU, which has this behavior. 

That explains a Restock behaviour but from a Restockplus point of view it could have been different :)

17 hours ago, Gameable17 said:

I have a question, is this compatable with Fuel Tanks Plus/Color Coded Canisters made by NecroBones. Btw love the work, looks increadable

FTP will be fine, CCC will not work, it also replaces stock models. You will have to do some work to make restock not patch the CCC replaced tanks. 

21 hours ago, Jognt said:

So that's why some of my tweaks stopped working... Reminds me of "Privatize the profits, socialize the losses."

Is this only for ReStock, or also ReStockPlus?

Shouldn't really have any effects on RS+

Just now, Nertea said:

FTP will be fine, CCC will not work, it also replaces stock models. You will have to do some work to make restock not patch the CCC replaced tanks. 

Ok, thanks, I Kinda wish there was a way to keep the colored cans and use Restock, I kinda miss my easily identifiable cans based on color. Thanks for helping me

8 minutes ago, Gameable17 said:

Ok, thanks, I Kinda wish there was a way to keep the colored cans and use Restock, I kinda miss my easily identifiable cans based on color. Thanks for helping me

You can, you just need to turn off everything Restock does to the tanks. 

1 minute ago, Nertea said:

You can, you just need to turn off everything Restock does to the tanks. 

but I like the tanks, at least the exteriors of them, I would trade the fact the tanks cores aren't color coded in return for much better looking tanks in general

Hi, im on 1.9.1 and i have some flickering issues with shrouds. This one in particular is from stock rocket called acapello. Heat shield's shroud is flickering

it'd be great if u could look into it. im on 1.9.1 on latest mods, with AVP installed.

Edited by One eyed Smile

@Nertea The collider for the OKTO2 is a bit funky.  The sides are not vertical making surface attach parts difficult to align. Below are a bunch of antenna that are "close" to centered vertically on the side. Snap was on, but they are placed individually with no symmetry. There is an edge near the middle of the side causing some parts to flip up, some flip down. The edge didn't seem to be in the same place from side to side.

vqzhaO6.jpg

55 minutes ago, harelk said:

my 1.25 meter parts keep clipping into each other. i think it's related to an error i get in the loading screen about "unexpected directories"?

p.s. i don't run any other part mods

On 5/26/2020 at 6:30 AM, kirmie44 said:

I'm getting an error during loading where it is surprised that the FL-T100 through 800 are still there and an error appears in the log. I figured they were just missing from the blacklist but that didn't solve it. This could be unrelated but I am having an issue with those tanks where reloading/copying these tanks causes attachment nodes to shrink into the model and basically crumple the rocket. It wouldn't bother me other than the texture glitch it causes bydoing this. The only way to fix it is by replacing each tank in the build.  

KSP Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hzfoj7xVsr-0k0vROBqV08CLG-sZQndK/view?usp=sharing

On 5/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, blowfish said:

Nothing to do with the blacklist.  Squad moved those files a few KSP versions ago, but Steam leaves the old versions around for some reason.  The solution is to completely remove GameData/Squad and then validate your local files in Steam so that it will re-acquire it.

@harelk, follow Blowfish's instructions above to resolve.

14 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@Nertea The collider for the OKTO2 is a bit funky.  The sides are not vertical making surface attach parts difficult to align. Below are a bunch of antenna that are "close" to centered vertically on the side. Snap was on, but they are placed individually with no symmetry. There is an edge near the middle of the side causing some parts to flip up, some flip down. The edge didn't seem to be in the same place from side to side.

*snip*

Seen a couple of reports about this and it seems that recently its become apparent that mesh normals affect surface attachment rather than just the raw collider geometry. I've raised an issue about this here: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/issues/865 

If anyone else spots any parts that may be affected by this, causing issues with surface attachment, please let us know for reference.

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Seen a couple of reports about this and it seems that recently its become apparent that mesh normals affect surface attachment rather than just the raw collider geometry. I've raised an issue about this here: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/issues/865 

If anyone else spots any parts that may be affected by this, causing issues with surface attachment, please let us know for reference.

I can confirm the same on the basic OKTO.  The irregularities are not the same on all eight sides, so be sure to verify a fix on each face.

On 6/11/2020 at 9:25 AM, Beale said:

Some apollo stuff. Also available in a tasty cookies and cream version.

Left: Making History
Right: Restock

Stil a few improvements warranted of course.

That definitely looks much better.  The old one looks very flat.  Very nice job Beale!  And Very nice job to everyone on this project!

noticed that the "cherenkov" engine from restock+ doesn't switch to using lh2 when kerbal atomics is installed

i wrote an extremely barebones modulemanager patch to switch it, for anyone whose too impatient to wait for nertea to change it

@PART[restock-engine-cherenkov]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
		{
		 @name = LqdHydrogen
		 @ratio = 1.0
		}
	}
}