[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

6 hours ago, OnlyLightMatters said:

We can dream of a word where Squad releases previews to modders or makes public beta of new releases.

I think they used to do that but stopped because of unknown reasons

8 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Hey @Nertea! I love your mod, and I was hoping you could add metal textures similar to those with the 2.5m tanks, but to all of the other tanks. It would be fun to try making a shiny Saturn V.

Or starship

15 hours ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

some ksp youtubers showed their preview's of an experimental 1.10 before july 1st

Silly us, of course we would have learned from Youtube previews that the fairing now requires a specifically named object to exist on the base and will fail to initialize otherwise.

Anyway, update on the fairings is that the problem affects other mods (not just Restock) and we can't do anything about it until KSP 1.10.1.

We can dream of a word where Squad releases previews to modders or makes public beta of new releases.

I think they used to do that but stopped because of unknown reasons

Reason was the unwashed masses not understanding the arcane concept of "beta" and "preview", and flooding the forums with complaints that sometimes bugs broke their preciousss save games... somewhat akin to "modders" not understanding that they are not modders, but users of mods, nor understanding the process of creating and maintaining mods, and complaining about bugs and demanding timely updates.

Just your average, run-of-the-mill humans, basically.

1 hour ago, AnimaticalProductions said:

Sadly, I can't use this with 1.10 

it makes fairings broken.

I guess that gives me more excitement for the next restock update!

It's trivial to revert to using the stock fairings with ReStock in 1.10. If you are going to use mods on newly updated versions of KSP you need to learn to work around problems until the mods can be fixed.  At least ReStock has a team actively trying to support this mod unlike many that have been abandoned over the years.

Create a whitelist file for the stock fairings.  This tell ReStock to load the the stock textures. Create a file somewhere under GameData ending in .restockwhitelist.  Mine is GameData/ZZZ_PersonalPatches/ZZZ.restockwhitelist and include:

Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/

Next add a patch to tell ReStock to ignore it's textures and use the stock parts.  Mine is GameData/ZZZ_PersonalPatches/RestockIgnore.cfg  

@PART[fairingSize1]:BEFORE[000_ReStock] { RestockIgnore = True }
@PART[fairingSize1p5]:BEFORE[000_ReStock] { RestockIgnore = True }
@PART[fairingSize2]:BEFORE[000_ReStock] { RestockIgnore = True }
@PART[fairingSize3]:BEFORE[000_ReStock] { RestockIgnore = True }
@PART[fairingSize4]:BEFORE[000_ReStock] { RestockIgnore = True }

This deals with the fairings ReStock replaces.  I haven't worried about the size0 fairing ReStockPlus adds or the NFLV fairings.  I don't use them frequently enough to worry about them yet.

5 minutes ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

Hello. I updated to the new version of KSP 1.10 and the mod works almost perfectly. The only problem is that the new magnetometer part isn't showing up. I can't find it. But when i uninstall the mod i can't load the crafts that i made with the mod. How can i fix one of the problems.

You need to add the Magnetometer to the whitelist:

Squad/Parts/Science/Magnetometer/

On 7/5/2020 at 3:06 PM, horace said:

not working in 1.10, i mean if i have this mod, the magneto bomb will not work

3 hours ago, AnimaticalProductions said:

Sadly, I can't use this with 1.10 

1 hour ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

Hello. I updated to the new version of KSP 1.10... the new magnetometer part isn't showing up.

*sigh*

On 7/1/2020 at 6:43 PM, Nertea said:

why the heck do you think it's marked for 1.9?

Good question. There's a simple answer, people.

1 hour ago, Oqt1 said:

WOULD LOVE if restock you just add extra parts along the standart parts....

Really love restock mod... but also love some of the standart parts.. :/:/

Have a look for restock plus.

Peace.