[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

As far as I'm concerned, Making History parts are not part of the mods responsibility. However, because I'm not the only contributor and I have overlapping projects, some parts have been done. There is no promise that any more will be done though.

The engine plates and the 5m parts were the last piece of the puzzle for a Stock plus ReStockPlus only game (along with Kerbalism) - I'm not that fussed on the MH pods, including the MEM or the soviet pods, nor the Saturn V engine mount.

Thank you so much team for all your work!

Peace.

17 minutes ago, L0NE_PH4NT0M said:

Ah, alright, I see. Is there a workaround in order to make Saturn V replicas look correctly, or would I just have to blacklist the 5m tanks + adapter?

Rotate the tanks.  From memory it is 9 'steps' to rotate the tanks to be on a 45°.

3 hours ago, L0NE_PH4NT0M said:

Ah, alright, I see. Is there a workaround in order to make Saturn V replicas look correctly, or would I just have to blacklist the 5m tanks + adapter?

You can:

1. Blacklist parts you don’t want touched;
  2. Write a small MM patch that pre-rotates the part;
  3. While placing it, hold shift, and press A or D a few times until it lines up. Or use the rotation tool and do the same. 

If you’re building it once to use more often (as a craft or subassembly) I’d go with option 3.

If you’re the type that rebuilds the same rocket for every launch, maybe think about 1 or 2. 

I use those tank stripes to easily gauge radial part placement (since the stripes align with the cardinal directions), if you’re like that too, there’s not really a perfect solution. Which is also (I’m guessing) why it’s like this at the moment. 

Edited by Jognt

43 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Is a 1.875m capsule and/or lander can planned?

It's usually a good idea to scan the last/second to last page of a thread in case a question was recently asked/answered.

You'll find your answer on the previous page. :)

In the list of revamped parts at the top of this thread, could you possibly add information which parts are actually replaced (in the sense that they get a different internal name), such as the RT-5 "Flea" and RT-10 "Hammer" boosters? That might help a lot in adapting other mods to work with those parts (e.g. Real Fuels).

2 minutes ago, Christoph Lipka said:

In the list of revamped parts at the top of this thread, could you possibly add information which parts are actually replaced (in the sense that they get a different internal name), such as the RT-5 "Flea" and RT-10 "Hammer" boosters? That might help a lot in adapting other mods to work with those parts (e.g. Real Fuels).

Revamped parts don't get a different internal name what you see in-game is the title? I think. 

However to help with modding, LinuxGuruGamer came up with an excellent mod called PartInfo found here

This gives you the filename and internal part name as well.  So helpful!

Peace.

1 hour ago, Christoph Lipka said:

No parts are replaced in this way - internal names are always preserved.

36 minutes ago, Bluespace said:

Work with textures unlimited?

Welcome to the forums!

Nothing will break if you have TU and Restock installed at the same time.  However, neither Restock nor TU come with any configuration to make the Restock parts use TU's features.  Whether that configuration exists out there somewhere, I don't know, I haven't looked, but it's not included in either mod.

4 hours ago, blowfish said:

Welcome to the forums!

Nothing will break if you have TU and Restock installed at the same time.  However, neither Restock nor TU come with any configuration to make the Restock parts use TU's features.  Whether that configuration exists out there somewhere, I don't know, I haven't looked, but it's not included in either mod.

This mod provides TU configs for lots of mods, including restock and restock plus.

Any chance to see this get some capability with Ven's Stock Part Revamp? I'm a sucker for part diversity since rockets looking too samey just throws of mah vibes maan. I could probably cobble together a really cruddy patch to make them work together (albeit barely) but just needed to know if there was already plans to make them compatible or if somebody had made a patch.

(pls don't kill me for asking this, i have like 6 kids which are all inexplicably goldfish and i can't abandon them by being thrown into non-existence)

Edited by Krulliam

14 hours ago, Nertea said:

No parts are replaced in this way - internal names are always preserved.

Well, turns out I was mistaken, but there's still something seriously odd about the `RT-5 Flea` and `RT-10 Hammer`, because when I install ReStock...

... they suddenly grow gimbals!?!

19 minutes ago, Christoph Lipka said:

Well, turns out I was mistaken, but there's still something seriously odd about the `RT-5 Flea` and `RT-10 Hammer`, because when I install ReStock...

... they suddenly grow gimbals!?!

Its because you're, I presume, using Restock+ too: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/blob/master/Distribution/RestockPlus/GameData/ReStockPlus/Patches/Engine/restock-engine-srb-gimbal.cfg

1 hour ago, Krulliam said:

Any chance to see this get some capability with Ven's Stock Part Revamp? I'm a sucker for part diversity since rockets looking too samey just throws of mah vibes maan. I could probably cobble together a really cruddy patch to make them work together (albeit barely) but just needed to know if there was already plans to make them compatible or if somebody had made a patch.

(pls don't kill me for asking this, i have like 6 kids which are all inexplicably goldfish and i can't abandon them by being thrown into non-existence)

I would say this is almost a definite "no" on Restock's end of things as both mods are replacing the Stock part entries so it would be a nightmare to configure and there would be no intelligent way of predeterming which parts a user would want from either mod, however, if you manage your install via CKAN you can install the "Ven's New Parts" mod which will only install the non-Stock parts from Ven's Stock Revamp whilst letting Restock handle all of the stock parts as per usual.

Edited by Poodmund

21 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Yeah, I'd probably have figured that out way earlier if the ReStock+ description at the top of the thread made any mention of this fact whatsoever.

What's up with that, anyway? If a mod says it "adds parts" to "fill in niches", I don't want it to mess with the game balance of existing stock parts. Least of all if it doesn't make any mention of this on the tin.

Edited by Christoph Lipka
cosmetic

On 4/29/2020 at 6:31 PM, Virtualgenius said:

I love restock and restock plus and thanks for the update, any chance we would see a docking port with a parachute in the future

I could've sworn in Restock+ there was a docking port with a drogue, correct me if i'm wrong though.

3 hours ago, Christoph Lipka said:

I don't want it to mess with the game balance of existing stock parts.

It's funny because you put "game balance" and "stock parts" in the same sentence.

However, I agree this could be clearer from the description.

4 hours ago, Christoph Lipka said:

Yeah, I'd probably have figured that out way earlier if the ReStock+ description at the top of the thread made any mention of this fact whatsoever.

What's up with that, anyway? If a mod says it "adds parts" to "fill in niches", I don't want it to mess with the game balance of existing stock parts. Least of all if it doesn't make any mention of this on the tin.

I feel you. I had a similar reaction when I found out about ReStock modifying Oscar tank balance. 

After the first outrage settled I ended up 100% agreeing and wondered why I never realized how imbalanced it was to start with. 

I do appreciate such things being mentioned on the tin as well though. 

Le bug

b2bEb3k.pngFkKUouu.pngd68y9j5.png

Yo tank so big, it won't fit on any parts list.

Yes, this is a terrible yo mama joke.

By the way, what's the deal with the Ursa engine? It's a 10 to 20% improvement over the Reliant but costs the same. Why isn't it more expensive? The model's dope though. I like it :)

Edited by Krzeszny
Ursa???