Stars system ideas please post here for a new galaxy mod

ILoveStars

Hi guys I'm considering to make a star mod, just like Kerbal Galaxy, and I'd love to have some ideas, as I do not have a lot of ideas for now. You can post system ideas down below, and if you want, you can add textures. 

My ideas for now:

Segit: The black hole in the center of the galaxy.

Dalykthen: A blue white dwarf.

Eodis: A small red dwarf like VB 10.

Kahlos: A T-type brown dwarf.

But I don't have planets yet.

I'd like some more ideas please.

Thank you in advance, and happy posting!

Edited by ILoveStars

On 3/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, Nightside said:

Good luck! I don’t have any other ideas for you, but I look forward to seeing what you come up with! Post some pics when you make something!

yeah, but i can't make something on my own. I might ask someone to help me.

This can also be an inspiration page for other modmakers.

Also, tell me if you want to help me. I'm already considering to ask @Emperor of Ilve.

Edited by ILoveStars

2 hours ago, ILoveStars said:

I don't want to offend, my dude. You should not be trying to get people to make your mod for you or to turn their existing mod into your dream. That's not how things work in community or mod-making, and it will make those of us who have experience actually avoid you for these reasons. You should be learning to make planets yourself and producing little things to develop yourself. Start with one planet and 3 moons. Then make star and a gas giant. Delete them and make new, better ones. As you get better you will see how your celestials can be better, then you will properly dislike everything you did previously.

@Gameslinx for example, joined this community with no skill but he had a huge passion for planets and as much motivation to learn as he had passion. Look where he is now, 4 epic planet packs later, and even raising the standard of planet mods. You can become great the same way if you're willing to start small and learn.

@StarCrusher96 made Kerbal Star Systems practically by himself. Ignoring all the bad history with KSS, he had the time, skill and energy to deliver, without hoping and praying for someone to join his team. (I'm ignoring the other things here like parts and science defs.)

@TheProtagonists similarly made 100+ bodies by himself, out of nowhere. and his mod, The World Beyond, is fabulous. :P

@Galileo is famous for Galileo's Planet Pack, just 31 bodies, but with semi-real textures and at least as much value as any stockalike star cluster mod. He's always making something new, judging it harshly, and scrapping it if it falls short enough of amazing to him.

@Pkmniako is where you should be right now. He has just one distant star and a dozen planets and moons out right now for people to enjoy, but he has a few more stars and all of their planets planned. With his mod, Other Worlds (Reboot), he has plenty to show if he ever wanted to inspire and rally people under him to build a galaxy mod.

2 hours ago, ILoveStars said:

Nope. Some of us may even find this statement offensive. You can inspire other mod makers by building the skills to go with your passion and putting up working examples in KSP (see Pkmniako point).

If I were you, I'd have this thread locked, find some teachers, and see how much I really want to put the effort in to make my dream a reality. ;)

39 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I don't want to offend, my dude. You should not be trying to get people to make your mod for you or to turn their existing mod into your dream. That's not how things work in community or mod-making, and it will make those of us who have experience actually avoid you for these reasons. You should be learning to make planets yourself and producing little things to develop yourself. Start with one planet and 3 moons. Then make star and a gas giant. Delete them and make new, better ones. As you get better you will see how your celestials can be better, then you will properly dislike everything you did previously.

@Gameslinx for example, joined this community with no skill but he had a huge passion for planets and as much motivation to learn as he had passion. Look where he is now, 4 epic planet packs later, and even raising the standard of planet mods. You can become great the same way if you're willing to start small and learn.

@StarCrusher96 made Kerbal Star Systems practically by himself. Ignoring all the bad history with KSS, he had the time, skill and energy to deliver, without hoping and praying for someone to join his team. (I'm ignoring the other things here like parts and science defs.)

@TheProtagonists similarly made 100+ bodies by himself, out of nowhere. and his mod, The World Beyond, is fabulous. :P

@Galileo is famous for Galileo's Planet Pack, just 31 bodies, but with semi-real textures and at least as much value as any stockalike star cluster mod. He's always making something new, judging it harshly, and scrapping it if it falls short enough of amazing to him.

@Pkmniako is where you should be right now. He has just one distant star and a dozen planets and moons out right now for people to enjoy, but he has a few more stars and all of their planets planned. With his mod, Other Worlds (Reboot), he has plenty to show if he ever wanted to inspire and rally people under him to build a galaxy mod.

Nope. Some of us may even find this statement offensive. You can inspire other mod makers by building the skills to go with your passion and putting up working examples in KSP (see Pkmniako point).

If I were you, I'd have this thread locked, find some teachers, and see how much I really want to put the effort in to make my dream a reality. ;)

thanks. Is all the adobe thingys required for this? As I don't have them. Plus, the real reason that I'd like someone to help is because a. I can't make .normal files, b. I can't open .bin files.

Edited by ILoveStars

99% of the community use free and open source software, you'll have no problem learning Blender and GIMP with all the tutorials out there :)

Most of the fun behind modding is creating whatever you want, and sharing it with people. Don't be afraid to start, we were all beginners at one point!

7 hours ago, ILoveStars said:

Also, tell me if you want to help me. I'm already considering to ask @Emperor of Ilve.

Yo, I'm actually planning to let go of kerbal galaxy to work on my own mod with another person. If you want you can work on it. I got a KG discord if you want to have it. I can't work with you on your planet mod But I will cheer you on. I can't wait to see what both of our mods become. Also, I can't make textures. That's why I got another person to make my mod with me.

If you want KG and the discord. Just come to the server and message me. https://discord.gg/ZBpSdDA

Edited by Emperor of Ilve

12 hours ago, Emperor of Ilve said:

Yo, I'm actually planning to let go of kerbal galaxy to work on my own mod with another person. If you want you can work on it. I got a KG discord if you want to have it. I can't work with you on your planet mod But I will cheer you on. I can't wait to see what both of our mods become. Also, I can't make textures. That's why I got another person to make my mod with me.

If you want KG and the discord. Just come to the server and message me. https://discord.gg/ZBpSdDA

Sure!

Wait, do you mind if I put some of my ideas into your mod? As I have no idea how to share sims on US2, plus the gas giants dont look the best. Everything looks so much better in KSP. So, do you mind?

Edited by ILoveStars

17 hours ago, Daishi said:

99% of the community use free and open source software, you'll have no problem learning Blender and GIMP with all the tutorials out there :)

Most of the fun behind modding is creating whatever you want, and sharing it with people. Don't be afraid to start, we were all beginners at one point!

Which is exactly why i wanna do this!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I can't! ARRRRRRRGH!!

6 hours ago, ILoveStars said:

Sure!

Wait, do you mind if I put some of my ideas into your mod? As I have no idea how to share sims on US2, plus the gas giants dont look the best. Everything looks so much better in KSP. So, do you mind?

I already have a team of 2 assembled. Sorry. And most of the ideas for the planets are going to be split between the 2 of us on the team. Plus, you have stated you can make planets

1 hour ago, Emperor of Ilve said:

I already have a team of 2 assembled. Sorry. And most of the ideas for the planets are going to be split between the 2 of us on the team. Plus, you have stated you can make planets

what?

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Nah, you don't need Adobe software. You can make normals with GIMP and so on, and something else (mostly online) to convert to and from DDS. And there's no need to open a .bin file.

but do you need to create .bin files for making planets in KSP?

@ILoveStars No. You don't create the .bin files. Planet configs all have a setting for a cache file. This cache file (the .bin) is generated by KSP itself (only when it does not already exist) and contains the scaledspace model for the planet, produced from the height map and normals.