[KSP 1.9.0] [x] Science! Continued - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.23)

Flupster

x-science-banner.jpg

[x] Science! - A Science Report and Checklist for Kerbal Space Program

[x] Science! keeps track of the science experiments you have completed and recovered to Kerbal Space

Center. It also tracks science you have gathered which is held on vehicles and kerbals.

No matter what game scene you are in, what you current vehicle is, [x] Science! always reports on all science held anywhere.

Now with in-flight status window.  No more searching around in service bays - run experiments at the click of a button.

x-science-1.jpgx-science-2.jpgx-science-3.jpg

Why use [x] Science! ?

• In flight status window kind of like Science Alert
  • With a simple list and a textbox filter it is really easy to use.
  • Available from anywhere. No need to leave your craft and switch to the KSC Lab.
  • It reports on all science, not just the stuff you have recovered to KSC.
  • It reports on all vehicles, great for multi-craft missions. (Option to check debris for science.)
  • Report on anywhere from anywhere else. Where should you go next?
  • Wondering what to do next? Give your Kerbals a purpose.

Features

• Automatically updates when you retrieve or transmit new science experiments
  • Filter to only show experiments that are currently on your spacecraft; have been unlocked in the tech tree; or all experiments
  • Keyword search to let you find experiments quickly
  • View amount of science any experiment has left for you to find
  • Should be compatible with any science-generating mods
  • Uses stock toolbar. Blizzy's toolbar support
  • Current biome detection
  • OrbitalScience support
  • Solar Science support
  • CustomBiomes support
  • Displays amount of science you'd get if you retrieved all outstanding experiments
  • Only available in Science or Career modes. It will automatically disable itself in Sandbox mode.
  • In flight status window -  click buttons to run experiments.
  • No more searching around in service bays - run experiments at the click of a button

Downloads

Latest Version 5.26 for KSP V1.9.0 - https://github.com/Flupster/KSP-X-Science/releases/download/5.26/x-science-v5.26.zip

View older version here http://ksp.floppy.men/[x] Science!/

KSP-AVC Support - "This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the Internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the Internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin."

Source

Is on GitHub - https://github.com/thewebbooth/KSP-X-Science

Current fork - https://github.com/Flupster/KSP-X-Science

Authors

Me, Flupster is maintaining the releases for latest KSP versions

Z-Key Aerospace is the last developer for the mod 

Previously by Bodrick. Great design and coding is entirely due to Bodrick.

(Old forum thread) (Old code on bitbucket.org)

License

[x] Science! is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

Edited by Flupster
Update to 1.8

Bah! Missed my shot at 1st lol... Thanks for updating my favorite mod! Many kudos to you.

Also, fyi, the NetKAN PR just merged so users should be able to get this on CKAN now.

Edited by Tekaoh

Hi there, I'm wondering - does this mod make the audible chime / sound when science is available in a specific biome or scene?

(I know Scient Alert does that, and I have both installed, but I'm wondering if I can change / customize this or I'll probably remove Scient Alert... because the bloop-bloop-bloop'ing is kinda annoying me LOL)

Edited by scottadges

Science Alert will alert you that You have science you can collect. (Flashing Icon and Audible alarm) I am sure you can probably disable the audible alarm.

(X) Science is more or less a tracker. It list of all science for all locations. (With buttons to select between what science is available with the science instruments on my current ship Right Now at this location. and All science everywhere that the current ship can collect with the installed instraments, etc.

It also has an Alarm (Bubbles sound) but again I am sure you can disable it. It also has an optional extra icon you can put on your tool bars. Called (X) Science Here and Now. (I never use it) which may duplicate many aspects of Science Alert.

I use both. (X)Science for the lists, and Science Alert to let me know when I enter an area where new Science can be preformed.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Errol said:

Does anyone know what is with this?

https://spacedock.info/mod/2026/[x] science updated

(is that spacedock one better than this one in some way?)

That was the version Flubster made to help KSPers out, (waiting for the original author to have time to update it) before Flubster got permission to take over maintaining the mod.

It SHOULD be the same as the current version. with just a different title. ("Updated" as opposed to "Continued") But its contents should be the same.

On 3/24/2019 at 11:20 PM, BlackHat said:

That was the version Flubster made to help KSPers out, (waiting for the original author to have time to update it) before Flubster got permission to take over maintaining the mod.

It SHOULD be the same as the current version. with just a different title. ("Updated" as opposed to "Continued") But its contents should be the same.

I never got permission, when the original author comes back he can continue on and i'll retire this mod

11 hours ago, Flupster said:

I never got permission, when the original author comes back he can continue on and i'll retire this mod

Oops, Ok, could have sworn I saw you say that you had. In any case thanks for maintaining this great mod.

• 3 weeks later...

there are a few locations missing on kerbin: there are still locations for splashed at mountains and highlands and there is unique biome at the old ksc location. while on this subject, are there any plans to support the newer experiments from the dmagic science mod? thanks for continuing this mod 

5 hours ago, casper88 said:

there are a few locations missing on kerbin: there are still locations for splashed at mountains and highlands and there is unique biome at the old ksc location. while on this subject, are there any plans to support the newer experiments from the dmagic science mod? thanks for continuing this mod 

There are small lakes in the various locations (such as Deserts and Grasslands) are were it is possible to get s Splashed Down Science Report on land.

OR, . . . . are you saying they are there, but (X)Science wont report them?

And . . . Which  experiments from the dmagic science mod are not showing up? Do you mean Recon Scan? and SignIt?

There is a Science.cfg file in the mod which disables these reports from popping up. (And lists the reasons why (X)Science does not support them) I believe this file covers all the things you brought up.

If for instance you KNOW there is a place in the mountains where you can get a Splashed Down report, you could delete that line in the file, and (X)Science will show it. (It appears to be currently filtered out).

14 hours ago, Jepso said:

Hi everyone, can you tell me the reason for the lag when I open the xScience ui?

Sorry for my bad English :blush:

X-Science recalculates a lot when new events happen. These calculations are so heavy that the game lags. This is fixable, but is not in the current release. Not all calculations are necessary all the time, and can therefore be reduced significantly.

A fix is up to the author of the mod though.

3 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

X-Science recalculates a lot when new events happen. These calculations are so heavy that the game lags. This is fixable, but is not in the current release. Not all calculations are necessary all the time, and can therefore be reduced significantly.

A fix is up to the author of the mod though.

thank you very much, I hope the author fixes the problem. But anyway thanks for the update :P

Edited by Jepso

I have a strange bug, using X Science and Remote Tech in 1.7 - When I don't have a connection, I'm still able to click in xscience's Here and Now window to trigger experiments. Anyone know what might cause this? I have Kerbal's comm system enabled with plasma blackout and no extra ground stations. It's possible I don't know how to configure remote tech with ksp's default comm system, so any help is appreciated!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.