[KSP 1.9.0] [x] Science! Continued - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.23)

Flupster

@Flupster I'm using an older version so this may already be fixed, but it hasn't been documented — the exclusion for the KMI experiment from the Solar Science mod calls the part HMI instead.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 11:46 PM, maculator said:

This is withou a doubt my number one must have mod!

I hope you'll find the time to put in the new launchsites and experiments from breaking ground! Cheers.

New launchsite biomes already work, I believe. Breaking ground science doesn't seem to yet, but that would be super awesome.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:46 AM, maculator said:

This is withou a doubt my number one must have mod!

I hope you'll find the time to put in the new launchsites and experiments from breaking ground! Cheers.

Just a heads-up; if you’re going to use Dmagic’s Orbital Science mod [x] Science will show but not activate them. If you download dmagics scienceanimategeneric module mod (CKAN) and MM a patch that replaces his scienceanimate modules with the generic module, they work flawlessly. 

Also, welcome back ;) your mod was one of the first I picked up back then. :) 

Edited by Jognt

On 9/13/2019 at 5:55 PM, Jognt said:

Just a heads-up; if you’re going to use Dmagic’s Orbital Science mod [x] Science will show but not activate them. If you download dmagics scienceanimategeneric module mod (CKAN) and MM a patch that replaces his scienceanimate modules with the generic module, they work flawlessly. 

Also, welcome back ;) your mod was one of the first I picked up back then. :) 

I'm having this problem with [x] Science (which is really great for consolidating all relevant experiments in a single window!). What does the bolded part of the quote mean? I.e. how do I do that? I'm using a lot of mods but have no experience whatsoever at creating/editing them.

2 hours ago, LtChambers said:

I'm having this problem with [x] Science (which is really great for consolidating all relevant experiments in a single window!). What does the bolded part of the quote mean? I.e. how do I do that? I'm using a lot of mods but have no experience whatsoever at creating/editing them.

1. Download and install DMagic's DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric mod from CKAN or https://github.com/DMagic1/DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric
  2. Create a new file (ending in .cfg) somewhere in your GameData folder (I suggest keeping all your personal patches in a personal folder to keep track of them)
  3. Open the newly created file and paste the following into it:
    @PART:HAS[@MODULE[DMModuleScienceAnimate]]:AFTER[DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric]
    {
    	@MODULE[DMModuleScienceAnimate]
    	{
    		@name = DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric
    	}
    }

4. Make sure this newly created file ends in .cfg (the name isn't important, name it something that helps you keep track of it)
  5. Play the game.

Most of his Orbital Science experiments should now work with [X] Science.
Note that I will not provide support for this patch and that you should remove it if at any time you're troubleshooting a possible bug in [X] Science, Orbital Science., or any other mod that uses DMModuleScienceAnimate.
Having said that, it works fine for me so far. Enjoy.

15 hours ago, Jognt said:
  1. Download and install DMagic's DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric mod from CKAN or https://github.com/DMagic1/DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric
  2. Create a new file (ending in .cfg) somewhere in your GameData folder (I suggest keeping all your personal patches in a personal folder to keep track of them)
  3. Open the newly created file and paste the following into it:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[DMModuleScienceAnimate]]:AFTER[DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric]
    {
    	@MODULE[DMModuleScienceAnimate]
    	{
    		@name = DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric
    	}
    }

4. Make sure this newly created file ends in .cfg (the name isn't important, name it something that helps you keep track of it)
  5. Play the game.

Most of his Orbital Science experiments should now work with [X] Science.
Note that I will not provide support for this patch and that you should remove it if at any time you're troubleshooting a possible bug in [X] Science, Orbital Science., or any other mod that uses DMModuleScienceAnimate.
Having said that, it works fine for me so far. Enjoy.

Works like a charm, thanks! :)

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2019 at 10:50 PM, drake127 said:

Yes, it just needs to be recompiled against 1.8.0.

I grabbed Visual Studio and it's as you say; a recompile with a few updates did the trick! I had to update the .NET version, and add Project references to several UnityEngine modules that were previously pulled in by reflection but were causing build errors for me. I don't want to put in a PR as I just did all this from my Steam install, and I see that @Flupster was using a more generic resource path. It appears to work with my career & science mode saves.

Edited by fhmiv
Report success compiling for 1.8.0!

Guess I'll just have to practice my patience (which isn't a bad thing to practice). Figured I'd try the recompile thing, though I don't much "speak" C++ (I'm more of a Fortran person) and I don't have even a clue about .NET. Installed Visual Studio, the C++ compiler, and some associated stuff. Tried a rebuild with little luck. Noticed the "pathhint" stuff in the project file and tried editing it to point to my KSP 1.8 install. Bunch of stuff about differing .net versions and not finding some namespaces. Fiddled around a bit ignorantly without making much progress. Finally decided to go play other things instead of starting a new KSP 1.8 career right yet.

21 minutes ago, rmaine said:

Guess I'll just have to practice my patience (which isn't a bad thing to practice). Figured I'd try the recompile thing, though I don't much "speak" C++ (I'm more of a Fortran person) and I don't have even a clue about .NET. Installed Visual Studio, the C++ compiler, and some associated stuff. Tried a rebuild with little luck. Noticed the "pathhint" stuff in the project file and tried editing it to point to my KSP 1.8 install. Bunch of stuff about differing .net versions and not finding some namespaces. Fiddled around a bit ignorantly without making much progress. Finally decided to go play other things instead of starting a new KSP 1.8 career right yet.

It's C# :wink:

On 10/22/2019 at 1:50 PM, drake127 said:

Yes, it just needs to be recompiled against 1.8.0.

hi , i am newbie

i try recompiled with KSP 1.8.0
there have 3 error about MusicLogic.SetVolume
i try fixed

but , it's not work

can you give me more help ? XD

2019-10-27_064541.jpg

11 hours ago, oJelly said:

hi , i am newbie

i try recompiled with KSP 1.8.0
there have 3 error about MusicLogic.SetVolume
i try fixed

but , it's not work

can you give me more help ? XD

2019-10-27_064541.jpg

What do you mean by recompiled as I think you have misunderstood here.

This mod is not updated yet to 1.8 and does not work with 1.8

I'm sure it will be updated soon.

1 hour ago, Cruesoe said:

What do you mean by recompiled as I think you have misunderstood here.

This mod is not updated yet to 1.8 and does not work with 1.8

I'm sure it will be updated soon.

hi

because drake127 say "Yes, it just needs to be recompiled against 1.8.0. "
so i try to recompiled
use Visual Studio and download source code from github
it's success , no error , no wrong ... but not work in KSP

i am a website Programmer
and a little C C++ , but C# ..... newbie too XD
so i hope get more information from drake127

anyway , thank you care about who try to learn KSP world

my english not good , Orz

I successfully recompiled this and have been using it with 1.8 for several days. I changed the target .NET version to 4.7.2 in Project -> Properties, and also had to add several References to fix compile errors; I think these were previously found via reflection, but now need to be referenced explicitly. Assembly refs required to compile [X] Science! for KSP 1.8

6 hours ago, fhmiv said:

I successfully recompiled this and have been using it with 1.8 for several days. I changed the target .NET version to 4.7.2 in Project -> Properties, and also had to add several References to fix compile errors; I think these were previously found via reflection, but now need to be referenced explicitly. Assembly refs required to compile [X] Science! for KSP 1.8

hi fhmiv
thank you to help me !

i try use .NET 4.7.2 , and i have add ALL (XD) Reference from KSP_INSTALL/KSP_x64_Data/Managed
(i have try only 15
Reference file from your link)
and KSP API about MusicLogic.setVolume need 2 float number , i try fix too
compile is success
and copy [x] Science!.dll to KSP_INSTALL/GameData/[x] Science!

do i miss any thing ? XD
or i use wrong source code
i download from github thewebbooth/KSP-X-Science

2019-10-28_071523.jpg

Edited by oJelly

14 hours ago, oJelly said:

hi fhmiv

do i miss any thing ? XD
or i use wrong source code
i download from github thewebbooth/KSP-X-Science

I think @Flupster had a more recent version, so I used https://github.com/Flupster/KSP-X-Science. I copied the"GameData/[x] Science!" directory from there, and put the compiled DLL into it. I also modified the .version file to give it a new version number, then copied the same [x] Science! folder to my KSP install's GameData folder. Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.