[KSP 1.9.0] [x] Science! Continued - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.23)

Flupster

Reporting a weird effect I am having with Science!.

I use the materials bay from Universal Storage.

It has 2 experiments built in.  If I use xScience! to activate the experiment twice, the experiment can not be reset by a scientist and instead says the experiment is full. It is not, it is empty.

If I run the same two experiments manually, I can then reset the experiment with a scientist.

I have a feeling its the way the experiment is being activated by xScience!.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for this great mod. The "selected object" resource display in the tracking station is a nice feature. I'm surprised it didn't come with KER instead... or stock!  

One request, if possible make this resource display update real-time or maybe poll the ships when you enter the tracking station. That would make waiting for ISRU to complete more convenient. Right now it seems to only remember the values at the time when the ship was actively viewed last.  

• 4 weeks later...

Not only does this mod still not support experiments using DmagicScienceAnimate, it also causes hangups and warnings, on fixed intervals during playtime and each time you unlock a new part for use in career.

In each case, the warning will look like this:

[WRN 21:49:55.805] [R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id ROCScience

Which is repeated several times per instance. Removing this mod eliminated the problem.

34 minutes ago, Morphisor said:

Not only does this mod still not support experiments using DmagicScienceAnimate, it also causes hangups and warnings, on fixed intervals during playtime and each time you unlock a new part for use in career.

In each case, the warning will look like this:

[WRN 21:49:55.805] [R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id ROCScience

Which is repeated several times per instance. Removing this mod eliminated the problem.

Do you have the DLC installed?

You can try ScienceAlert, it supports DMacic's science modules

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you have the DLC installed?

You can try ScienceAlert, it supports DMacic's science modules

Yeah I do, that's what's weird about it.

I will get that, thanks. I did really enjoy the click-to-science and database functions of this mod, will be hard to get used to something else.

I am trying to figure out where to go for the science experiments I can do in these two biomes: splashed down at Kerbin's Highlands and splashed down at Kerbin's Mountains. Does anyone know where I could do experiments in those biomes? In previous versions of this mod, there weren't any science experiments listed for "splashed down at Kerbin's Highlands" and "splashed down at Kerbin's Mountains", I saw these in the latest version.

3 hours ago, GalacticGhidorah said:

I am trying to figure out where to go for the science experiments I can do in these two biomes: splashed down at Kerbin's Highlands and splashed down at Kerbin's Mountains. Does anyone know where I could do experiments in those biomes? In previous versions of this mod, there weren't any science experiments listed for "splashed down at Kerbin's Highlands" and "splashed down at Kerbin's Mountains", I saw these in the latest version.

This thread should be helpful.

21 minutes ago, GalacticGhidorah said:

Thank you. Also, where do I find Kerbin's ROC?

Can't really say, and I'm not sure if anyone else is entirely sure either. That might have something to do with the surface science parts though- perhaps if you're touching one?

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. List is empty and I found the following trace in log file

[EXC 13:32:55.076] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.FindModulesImplementing[T] () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    ScienceChecklist.ScienceContext.UpdateExperiments () (at <95468ab515484610968974e5dbac29a4>:0)
    ScienceChecklist.ScienceContext.Reset () (at <95468ab515484610968974e5dbac29a4>:0)
    ScienceChecklist.xScienceEventHandler.UpdateExperiments () (at <95468ab515484610968974e5dbac29a4>:0)
    ScienceChecklist.xScienceEventHandler.Update () (at <95468ab515484610968974e5dbac29a4>:0)
    ScienceChecklist.ScienceChecklistAddon.Update () (at <95468ab515484610968974e5dbac29a4>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, antipro said:

yes it does, however I would like to ask for an update for the 1.11, as I see the new "EVA Science Experiment" in the xScience window, but not in the Here and Now window.

xscience.jpg?dl=1

As far as I know, you have to be EVA on a surface to use that, so it's the records window that's in the wrong.

In case it helps: this mod seems to work OK for me in KSP 1.11

I've briefly tested it, with the following list of things installed:

KSP 1.11.0.3045 win x64 (Steam)
Making History 1.11.0
Breaking Ground 1.6.0

Chatterer v0.9.99 - Keep talking!
Click Through Blocker 0.1.10.14
Docking Sounds!! 2.1.12.27690 (10/7/16)
E.V.E. Redux 1.11.1.1 (from blackrack) + Configs-1.2.2.1 (from WazWaz)
Final Frontier 1.10.0-3485 + KerbFleet Custom Ribbons 1.2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.13.0.0
Module Manager 4.1.4
PlanetShine v0.2.6.3
Rover Wheel Sounds (Revived) v1.8.1.11.20.19 (from DoctorDavinci, .dll overwritten with the one from MAFman)
Scatterer - atmospheric scattering 0.0722
Texture Replacer 4.3
ToolbarController 0.1.9.4
[x] Science! Continued v5.26

Also, it looks good if playing in 4k resolution (3804 x 2160), thanks to the resize UI option, that's great! Thank you very much to the developer(s) of this mod!

1 hour ago, Paaaad said:

As far as I know, you have to be EVA on a surface to use that, so it's the records window that's in the wrong.

I have run the EVA Science experiment when in Space Near and when in Space High Over, both Kerbin and The Mun (it is not biome dependent, results are global).

It would be quite convenient if "[x] Science! Continued" could be updated to show this on the "Here and Now" window, though I'm not sure if it is related to the need of already being on EVA to detect if it is available. Then again, EVA Report doesn't need you to be already on EVA, so maybe that could be worked out...

1 hour ago, alartor said:

In case it helps: this mod seems to work OK for me in KSP 1.11

I've briefly tested it, with the following list of things installed:

KSP 1.11.0.3045 win x64 (Steam)
Making History 1.11.0
Breaking Ground 1.6.0

Chatterer v0.9.99 - Keep talking!
Click Through Blocker 0.1.10.14
Docking Sounds!! 2.1.12.27690 (10/7/16)
E.V.E. Redux 1.11.1.1 (from blackrack) + Configs-1.2.2.1 (from WazWaz)
Final Frontier 1.10.0-3485 + KerbFleet Custom Ribbons 1.2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.13.0.0
Module Manager 4.1.4
PlanetShine v0.2.6.3
Rover Wheel Sounds (Revived) v1.8.1.11.20.19 (from DoctorDavinci, .dll overwritten with the one from MAFman)
Scatterer - atmospheric scattering 0.0722
Texture Replacer 4.3
ToolbarController 0.1.9.4
[x] Science! Continued v5.26

Also, it looks good if playing in 4k resolution (3804 x 2160), thanks to the resize UI option, that's great! Thank you very much to the developer(s) of this mod!

I have run the EVA Science experiment when in Space Near and when in Space High Over, both Kerbin and The Mun (it is not biome dependent, results are global).

It would be quite convenient if "[x] Science! Continued" could be updated to show this on the "Here and Now" window, though I'm not sure if it is related to the need of already being on EVA to detect if it is available. Then again, EVA Report doesn't need you to be already on EVA, so maybe that could be worked out...

Good to know. Haven't updated just yet- waiting for a couple mods to update, mostly KER. The new crew weight mechanics are messing with the Delta-V calcs.

On 12/24/2020 at 1:16 AM, Paaaad said:

Partially wrong. The EVA Science Experiment can be done on the surface as well as in both high and low space.
So, again, it's the "Here and Now" window, that is missing it to show.
On surface I've seen Jeb playing golf and in space he throws rotating a quite huge mechanical nut type wing.

eva%20sci%20exp.jpg?dl=1

nut%20wing.jpg?dl=1

On 12/24/2020 at 2:17 AM, alartor said:

It would be quite convenient if "[x] Science! Continued" could be updated to show this on the "Here and Now" window

Correct thx, is just what I asked for, 2 posts before.

On 12/24/2020 at 2:17 AM, alartor said:

though I'm not sure if it is related to the need of already being on EVA to detect if it is available. Then again, EVA Report doesn't need you to be already on EVA, so maybe that could be worked out...

Why it should be related to the need of being on EVA, it has no-sense... indeed, if EVA Reports do not need you are in EVA, this should be valid for the EVA Sci Exp too.

Edited by antipro

On 7/23/2020 at 10:12 PM, SkiRich said:

Reporting a weird effect I am having with Science!.

I use the materials bay from Universal Storage.

It has 2 experiments built in.  If I use xScience! to activate the experiment twice, the experiment can not be reset by a scientist and instead says the experiment is full. It is not, it is empty.

If I run the same two experiments manually, I can then reset the experiment with a scientist.

I have a feeling its the way the experiment is being activated by xScience!.

This is still a big issue for me. Maybe it's because the experiments need to be deployed first? Either way, having the module lock up and not being able to restore it is a huge pain point. ;.;

Edited by Saul Retav

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 11:24 PM, antipro said:

Partially wrong. The EVA Science Experiment can be done on the surface as well as in both high and low space.
So, again, it's the "Here and Now" window, that is missing it to show.
On surface I've seen Jeb playing golf and in space he launch rotating a quite huge mechanical nut type wing.

From what I've seen, the EVA Science Experiment may be like a number of other experiments that once it has been done once at a given elevation, it is done for that portion of that SOI. So no running around from biome to biome seeking new places to play golf... Well, I guess you can still do that, but you won't get any additional science from it after the first report is sent back.

And now that I've typed that out. I'm now wondering if somebody is working on a mod to allow people to do exactly that, either as a joke, or because they like golf that much.

Edited by TheDeamon

On 12/23/2020 at 1:26 PM, antipro said:

yes it does, however I would like to ask for an update for the 1.11, as I see the new "EVA Science Experiment" in the xScience window, but not in the Here and Now window.

xscience.jpg?dl=1

Im running 1.11 and I dont have the eva experiments listed in the window nor in the here and now. I also have the ROC (shores) biome on Kerbin that come and goes sometimes but it was already there since last ksp version.

Is there a way to restore the science in the window? Where does it get the full list?

3 hours ago, kerbonaut23452345 said:

Im running 1.11 and I dont have the eva experiments listed in the window nor in the here and now.

can you pls give a screenshot?

I also have the ROC (shores) biome on Kerbin that come and goes sometimes

it took me a while to figure out what ROC was.
Not sure but I think is related to some feature in Breaking Ground expansion. (which I do not have)

On 6/20/2019 at 10:39 PM, Jognt said:

ROC are the new surface feature stuff. My guess is it stands for Random Object Creator or something, internally they're constantly mentioned as ROC.

Is there a way to restore the science in the window? Where does it get the full list?

In order to get the full experiments list, just clear the xScience window filter.
But don't know what you mean with "restore the science".

Edited by antipro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.