1. 1. how much further?

• x5 more
    • x5 and x10 more
    • just x10 more
    • x5, x10, and x50
    • just x10 and x50
    • x5, x10, x50, and x100
    • Even more because you're going interstellar

Despite this thread being a mess I'd just like to second the suggestion of "faster timewarp speeds". Timewarping out to Eeloo for 6-8 minutes would be fine, if we were actively doing something, but afaik you don't even change science biomes that far out so it ends up being a moment identical to waiting for the game to load. You can't do anything except look at your ship and pan around in IVA. Either skip to the chase and just have KSP reload at the set point (ie fast travel but in space) and have the game run all encounters and flybys of background vessels handled just like as if you were looking at the KSC (not able to view them, but still moving forward with time) but just load with the vessel at the desired point in time. I'd be ok with it, even if it took a loading screen (which would be no different than not having a loading screen and still waiting). Hopefully it can save time. Just an idea.

• 10 months later...

As a reference, max time warp is 1.5 minutes per year. A Hohmann transfer to Jool takes 3.5 years or about 5 minutes of wait time with no user involvement (extra 10x would be 30s). An Eeloo round-trip would be 10-15 minutes of waiting at max warp (extra 10x would be 1 minute). This feature would cut out minutes of idle time. I recommend only allowing this when the parent body is the sun or in the tracking station.

On 3/8/2019 at 2:35 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

Timewarping out to Eeloo for 6-8 minutes would be fine, if we were actively doing something

No, the player should be given the option to timewarp faster. It doesn't matter what you can do during timewarp, not everyone wants to micromanage a spaceship for a few minutes before being able to do something fun.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:33 AM, Electrollama said:

As a reference, max time warp is 1.5 minutes per year. A Hohmann transfer to Jool takes 3.5 years or about 5 minutes of wait time with no user involvement (extra 10x would be 30s). An Eeloo round-trip would be 10-15 minutes of waiting at max warp (extra 10x would be 1 minute). This feature would cut out minutes of idle time. I recommend only allowing this when the parent body is the sun or in the tracking station.

I agree wholeheartedly.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:08 PM, Bej Kerman said:

No, the player should be given the option to timewarp faster. It doesn't matter what you can do during timewarp, not everyone wants to micromanage a spaceship for a few minutes before being able to do something fun.

Unless that thing that occurs before you get to the destination- is also fun.

"The fun is in the journey" is a quote that someone important once said. That can be true for KSP as well. There simply exists nothing to do except timewarp. If we could do something, either in IVA or EVA that could occupy our time, then my comment has merit but as it stands, there isn't anything to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.