Squad should STOP ALL development and do this now

Been playing this game since 2012, and I'm sure many ppl will follow me.

Squald should stop ALL development and divert all resources in implementing PLANET CLOUDS ASAP!

It is an absolute shame this game has no clouds! We've been asking for this for years. The game looks MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER with clouds.

All the current mods are crappy and slow. Many visual bugs that just kills the experience.

Thanks.

Hmm

Clouds aren't the best option right now. They can't just stop working on everything to just appease you, they have a company to run. I could go into depth about this, but I'm choosing not to

- Cat

36 minutes ago, seyss said:

Been playing this game since 2012, and I'm sure many ppl will follow me.

Squald should stop ALL development and divert all resources in implementing PLANET CLOUDS ASAP!

It is an absolute shame this game has no clouds! We've been asking for this for years. The game looks MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER with clouds.

All the current mods are crappy and slow. Many visual bugs that just kills the experience.

Thanks.

Would you pay $5 for clouds DLC?

If no, what is the business case for clouds to overrun all other development. 

While it would be a good step in the right direction, I propose that it DOES NOT GO far enough.

@SQUAD:

It's time to scrap all the extraneous features and graphics that get in the way and make this game what it was always meant to be.  KERBAL CLOUD SIMULATOR!

8 hours ago, mattinoz said:

Would you pay $5 for clouds DLC?

If no, what is the business case for clouds to overrun all other development. 

I’d pay $15 dollars RIGHT NOW. 

Wish granted! There are clouds of smoke, vapor and dust already in the game! (See my profile pic for a plasma cloud.)
And those can be a strain on performance already... So just be happy this is as colorful as my reply can get.:ph34r:

Edited by Dark Lion
Added more clouds...

10 hours ago, seyss said:

All the current mods are crappy and slow.

Easy now. The most used visual mods on here are nothing short of pieces of art. I count them among my favorite mods, and my system can run the high-res options without much sacrifice.

Just keep in mind they might significantly increase the recommended minimal specs of your PC, that's all.

That said, yeah, I'd pay 30 bucks again for clouds and scatterer in stock, in a heartbeat. Just dont call the stuff we have here crappy, that is just insulting.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:15 PM, seyss said:

Had you asked yourself why such Add'Ons are slow? What make you think that it wouldn't be slow too if such feature is incorporated on KSP? :)

There's no free lunch. You need to write code for doing things, and then this code uses CPU time at the expense of other code.

Edited by Lisias
tasting my own medicine :)

Stop development just to implement clouds?.....hummmm i dont really think thats something worth on spending time.especially when mods can do it(and some like Sci-fi arent very taxing on PC some PC)

But theres so much more stuff that could be improved rather than just adding clouds....Like planets,tutorials,heck even the mission editor

On 3/7/2019 at 6:13 AM, klgraham1013 said:

Clouds should be in the game.  Period.  Some guy did it in his spare time for free.  I think Squad could do it with out going to such drastic measures.  They're only not there because Squad has chosen not to.

Scatterer clouds have been buggy, and it would likely be unusable for lower-end computers. It's also quite likely that Squad hasn't had anybody with the right expertise on the team to create good-looking clouds.

18 hours ago, seyss said:

Make a poll to see what ppl want first!

This, suffice to say, has been done. Squad is drowning in feedback. The question is: what can they reasonably implement, what will bring in more customers, and what has the least risk of having development costs spiral out of control?

On 3/7/2019 at 7:13 AM, klgraham1013 said:

Clouds should be in the game.  Period.  Some guy did it in his spare time for free.  I think Squad could do it with out going to such drastic measures.  They're only not there because Squad has chosen not to.

It’s always entertaining  when soneone who doesn’t have a clue thinks that changing the game in any way is “easy”. 

Do you know how many hours/days/weeks of work went into that mod?  And keep in mind that it still has significant bugs which affect some people.

As said elsewhere, Squad needs to prioritize the work that needs to be done, and to continue the revenue stream (ie:income), otherwise all development/support will stop.  While clouds are nice, they don’t contribute to the gameplay that much, if at all.

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It’s always entertaining  when soneone who doesn’t have a clue thinks that changing the game in any way is “easy”. 

Do you know how many hours/days/weeks of work went into that mod?  And keep in mind that it still has significant bugs which affect some people.

As said elsewhere, Squad needs to prioritize the work that needs to be done, and to continue the revenue stream (ie:income), otherwise all development/support will stop.  While clouds are nice, they don’t contribute to the gameplay that much, if at all.

I concur, I would pay for a clouds DLC so long as they did not make my game anymore laggy

3 hours ago, Starman4308 said:

This, suffice to say, has been done. Squad is drowning in feedback.

Sometimes I wonder if this is not one of their worst problems . Too much information is as good as no information at all, as it usually lead to the same results.

21 hours ago, seyss said:

Make a poll to see what ppl want first!

Survivorship bias. :rolleyes:

Making a poll with people that already had bought the game is not going to increase their revenue, that it's what we need them to get in order to keep KSP (and Forum, and everything else) being funded - you know, these guys need to eat. :-)

They need to make polls for people that are considering buying the game .

On 3/6/2019 at 11:25 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Stock clouds... is one thing. Stock clouds that won't tank your PC like any "crappy" visual mod does is another.

KSP needs to be rewritten for that to deliver. ;) And what's the likelihood of that happening?

I'm not sure that the crappy performance on clouds is on Unity or KSP shoulders this time (and coming from me, this is something).

The Add'Ons I looked inside bypassed everybody entirely and hit OpenGL or DirectX directly. So, for this, the bottleneck is the GPU (or the graphics driver).

By directly supporting the feature you would make it easier to cope with the rest of the program, and perhaps saving some context switch . But I don't think this alone is enough to make things run faster in a perceptive way.

-----------------

I'm wrong. I just remembered that the effects are rendered again over a already rendered artifact . You can see this on the main menu, on slower or overloaded machines, it's possible to see the stock drawings being overwritten by the enhanced one for one frame. So the work apparently is done twice .

So I stand corrected. The thing can bring some significant performance enhancement by being natively supported by KSP.

Edited by Lisias
Standing corrected. - tasting my own medicine :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.