Jump to content

[1.11.X] All Tweak!!! -0.7 [23rd/October/2019]


VoidCosmos
 Share

Recommended Posts

This mod is a Module Manager config which add Tweakscale support to every modded part that doesn't have Tweakscale configs yet.

Requires: Tweakscale and Module Manager:

 

 

Downloads:

ckan-128.png: Supported

 Spacedock

Github

 

 

Suggestions and Feedback are appreciated.

Enjoy!!!

Changelog

Spoiler

0.7: Recompiled for KSP 1.8.x and 1.9.x

0.6: Added KSP 1.7.1 support

0.5: All Tweak only supports KSP 1.4.x - 1.7.x from this update.      Please use All Tweak Version 0.1 for KSP 1.0.x - 1.3.x

0.4: Updated for KSP 1.7 and added ksp avc support (sort of!)

0.3: Temporarily updated for KSP 1.7

0.2: Changed type=free into type=stack 

0.1: Initial release

License: MIT

Credit goes to :@Lisias too for giving me some inspiration and help!! This would not be possible without him!! Thanks a lot Lisias!!

Note: All Tweak works fine with the new Breaking Ground DLC (Robotics).

Edited by VoidCosmos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, leatherneck6017 said:

I looked at the MM patch. The "type = free" will break proper TweakScale implementation on most parts. Sorry to tell you, but I would not recommend anyone to use this.

 

How do you correct it then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nigel Cardozo said:

How do you correct it then?

A config that would cover ALL parts would be hundreds, if not thousands of patches. Most part mods that want to enable TweakScale functionality already include MM patches with their releases. Keep in mind there are different "types" of TS modules for a reason. For example, engine resizing must utilize specific formulas to scale thrust and fuel consumption. Using type=free on an engine would produce unrealistic and possibly unusable results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HI. 

In the next minor release (hopefully) TweakScale default patches are planned to have the :FOR clausule, what will allow you to use :AFTER and :BEFORE on yours. This way you can safely redefine the patches as you want.

Deleting the default patches to ensure that yours is "The One" is also an option (your game, your rules - just remember what you did while reporting issues!). You will need to do the same with every Add'On that provides its own Tweakscale patches (as most of them relies on the default ones), but without support for :AFTER and :BEFORE this would be probably the safest approach for now. :)

However, I don't test TweakScale without the default patches - this is kind of uncharted waters. Feel free to play with the idea - but keep in mind that savegames and crafts may be not interchangeable with default TweakScale installments (I never tested this, and there are small differences on how different versions of KSP handle the prefab - it's really uncharted waters).

TweakScale will continue to withdraw support for problematic parts normally (it does it even for default patches), so your patches will be as safe as they are now. :)

Keep an eye on KSP.log before reporting problems. if you find a message from TweakScale about the part you have problems, there's a good chance that I should be involved too.

 

Edited by Lisias
Hit "Save" too soon.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

HI. 

In the next minor release (hopefully) TweakScale default patches are planned to have the :FOR clausule, what will allow you to use :AFTER and :BEFORE on yours. This way you can safely redefine the patches as you want.

Deleting the default patches to ensure that yours is "The One" is also an option (your game, your rules - just remember what you did while reporting issues!). You will need to do the same with every Add'On that provides its own Tweakscale patches (as most of them relies on the default ones), but without support for :AFTER and :BEFORE this would be probably the safest approach for now. :)

However, I don't test TweakScale without the default patches - this is kind of uncharted waters. Feel free to play with the idea - but keep in mind that savegames and crafts may be not interchangeable with default TweakScale installments (I never tested this, and there are small differences on how different versions of KSP handle the prefab - it's really uncharted waters).

TweakScale will continue to withdraw support for problematic parts normally (it does it even for default patches), so your patches will be as safe as they are now. :)

Keep an eye on KSP.log before reporting problems. if you find a message from TweakScale about the part you have problems, there's a good chance that I should be involved too.

 

Thanks @Lisias for the tip. I will remember that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, Wirelex said:

when using all tweak mod try resize stock fairing then is broken

Please tell me which mods you use and also a screenshot. A log may also do. Sorry for the late reply. Which KSP version do you use

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Nigel Cardozo said:

Please tell me which mods you use and also a screenshot. A log may also do. Sorry for the late reply. Which KSP version do you use

1.2.2 modded resize custom-build fairing resizing already build fairing but when try rebuild fairing then offset fairing way too much some time when resize 1.25 standard size fairing just fine 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I need your log file. I Guess it is happening to me in my 1.2.2 RO save too. So now all tweak will be for KSP 1.4.x - 1.7.x only  . I will publish an update in about 2-3 hours from now.

Edited by Nigel Cardozo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

@Lisias can you please maintain All Tweak till the 1st of August? This is just because I have some important stuff and I will not be able to maintain All Tweak.

Yep, that I can do!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2019 at 5:49 AM, Wirelex said:

1.2.2 modded resize custom-build fairing resizing already build fairing but when try rebuild fairing then offset fairing way too much some time when resize 1.25 standard size fairing just fine 

I would like to see that KSP.log of yours. It's more for curiosity than anything else, but with a bit of luck, I can learn something to be applied to TweakScale. I'm facing some patching problems, and I think this can be of use!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

@Lisias I guess we should make this mod a joint project

Believe it or not, it would be counter productive! :)

the debugging potential for both cases are better with you tweaking TweakScale without caring or knowing about TS intrinsics and with me not taking design decisions for AllTweak. It's kind of a black box testing, when the thing is put to use in a uncontrolled environment, where people can do unbiased testing decisions.

I would ending up filtering good ideas due my knowledge of how TweakScale works - that "for whom have a hammer, every screw is a nail" thing. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Believe it or not, it would be counter productive! :)

the debugging potential for both cases are better with you tweaking TweakScale without caring or knowing about TS intrinsics and with me not taking design decisions for AllTweak. It's kind of a black box testing, when the thing is put to use in a uncontrolled environment, where people can do unbiased testing decisions.

I would ending up filtering good ideas due my knowledge of how TweakScale works - that "for whom have a hammer, every screw is a nail" thing. :P

f13c858133f5ff5f03ce6d64921e4742--humoro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...