[1.11.X] All Tweak!!! -0.7 [23rd/October/2019]

VoidCosmos

• 2 weeks later...

I thought perhaps this was caused by TweakScale itself but it might be All Tweak. When I attach in this heirarchy: Hydraulic Piston>CubicStrut>Wheel as an example, entering the Action Group menu seems to reset the scaling in such a fashion that the parts scale down to around 10% whilst showing no changes to the UI.

Is there a simple way to uninstall this mod to see if it changes anything? Tweakscale at this moment is extremely unfriendly and it seems non-fatal currently.

KSP log

On 6/13/2019 at 8:30 AM, ElonsMusk said:

I thought perhaps this was caused by TweakScale itself but it might be All Tweak. When I attach in this heirarchy: Hydraulic Piston>CubicStrut>Wheel as an example, entering the Action Group menu seems to reset the scaling in such a fashion that the parts scale down to around 10% whilst showing no changes to the UI.

Is there a simple way to uninstall this mod to see if it changes anything? Tweakscale at this moment is extremely unfriendly and it seems non-fatal currently.

KSP log

Simply delete the All Tweak folder from your gamedata folder.  Sorry for the late reply.

Try updating KSP to 1.7.2

2 hours ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

Simply delete the All Tweak folder from your gamedata folder.  Sorry for the late reply.

I think that, probably, we should think about that idea of deleting all default patches from TweakScale in order to make things a bit more "friendly" :) to users, what do you think?

Alternatively, someone on TweakScale thread hinted another possible way to cope with that, by deleting previous patches before applying yours (didn't teste it myself yet):

@PART[<part_name>]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
	-MODULE[TweakScale],*
	MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 1.875
	}
}

source:

Edited by Lisias
Hit "save" too soon.

Wow, only 10 posts and they're already talking about me in other threads, I'm famous! Hi mum!

Seriously, I did not test this at all, but the Module Manager wiki says that it should remove all TweakScale module before adding the new one (and obviously this does not prevent more Tweakscale modules from being added later on)

5 hours ago, Lisias said:

I think that, probably, we should think about that idea of deleting all default patches from TweakScale in order to make things a bit more "friendly" :) to users, what do you think?

Alternatively, someone on TweakScale thread hinted another possible way to cope with that, by deleting previous patches before applying yours (didn't teste it myself yet):

and another possible way is to make sure things don't go wrong:

Spoiler

@PART[<part_name>]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FOR[AllTweak] {
	%MODULE[TweakScale] {
		%type = stack
		%defaultScale = 1.875
	}
}

% means 'add or edit'

or could be "&MODULE[TweakScale]" for add only

12 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

and another possible way is to make sure things don't go wrong:

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[<part_name>]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FOR[AllTweak] {
	%MODULE[TweakScale] {
		%type = stack
		%defaultScale = 1.875
	}
}

% means 'add or edit'

or could be "&MODULE[TweakScale]" for add only

This is not wise due reasons explained here:

In a nutshell, it will wash the detectable symptom away, but the nasty bugs will by still there ruining savegames - and I will have to cook yet another sanity check to reach the same goal. What would made the whole effort useless.

Whoops. I posted on the wrong thread, moving the post to the right one! :)

Spoiler

Edited by Lisias
Moving post to its right place.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:43 PM, leatherneck6017 said:

I looked at the MM patch. The "type = free" will break proper TweakScale implementation on most parts. Sorry to tell you, but I would not recommend anyone to use this.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:52 PM, leatherneck6017 said:

A config that would cover ALL parts would be hundreds, if not thousands of patches. Most part mods that want to enable TweakScale functionality already include MM patches with their releases. Keep in mind there are different "types" of TS modules for a reason. For example, engine resizing must utilize specific formulas to scale thrust and fuel consumption. Using type=free on an engine would produce unrealistic and possibly unusable results.

Is the above still a concern, or has it been resolved?

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

I noticed while using this mod that some parts of my craft would randomly shrink when launching from the VAB and SPH. Deleting the mod did fix it though.

Hi. I need a log, screenshot, craft file and also which part causes that issue

On 6/15/2019 at 4:59 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

moved:  thank you for the free parking.

Reveal hidden contents

What parking?

41 minutes ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

What parking?

We unintentionally derailed the thread with side talk, then we moved the posts to a better place when we realized the problem. :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/18/2019 at 2:42 PM, KIMCHI said:

I just saw the shrinking part issue. Did we figure out if this is your mod or the original TweakScale?

What part? Please name the part with problems and publish your KSP.log file. Chances are that it's an "unholy interaction" with a third-party Add'On that doesn't expects a stack as scale type.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Acvila said:

but tweak scale doesn't work in 1.8...

YET!!!!! :)

I'm going to have a hell of a weekend, and you will not like the stunt I need to make it work (I will need to rework the UI), however.

Edited by Lisias
tyop! Surprised?

20 minutes ago, Acvila said:

but tweak scale doesn't work in 1.8...

Wait what!:o

I really didn't test it as.....:

This happened....................

Probably it will work when Tweakscale is updated.

Hopefully

Edited by Nigel J. Cardozo