[1.11.X] All Tweak!!! -0.7 [23rd/October/2019]

VoidCosmos

Hi,

I am playing KSP 1.8 and trying to use Tweak Scale, but something is wrong. In the right click menu on parts, I can see "Scale" behind other options, but no slider, etc. See screenshot. Any ideas how I can resolve this? I  love this mod.

Thanks so much!Gl5bBxc.jpg

1 hour ago, Omar X said:

Hi,

I am playing KSP 1.8 and trying to use Tweak Scale, but something is wrong. In the right click menu on parts, I can see "Scale" behind other options, but no slider, etc. See screenshot. Any ideas how I can resolve this? I  love this mod.

Yeah. Known issue. A glitch on the prefab rendered 1.8.0 unusable for TweakScale (and some others Add'On too, essentially everything that uses a thingy called UI_ScaleEdit).

Update to KSP 1.8.1, where this (and some others - you really should update!) glitch was fixed.

In time: there's some reason to do not update to 1.8.1? I was told that it was a glitch on the prefab, so theoretically is something that one could try to hot-fix on KSP startup - but I never pursued this fix because 1.8.1 was released with this (and more) fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 9:24 PM, Michel Bartolone said:

Just curious...I think you _might_ need an update. Have you seen the Tweak Scale messages regarding using KSP Recall? I'm not sure if that is relevant because I don't know internally if your mod would use KSP Recall via Tweak Scale or if you need it called from your mod.

No it's not a problem

Added Github download link!

• 2 months later...

Just a quick question. There are so many tweakscale mods and add ons floating around and they always say to uninstall all other mods before update. Just so I am clear or anyone else, these tweaks are exclusively found in your tweak scale patch? So if I download the new Tweakscale it does not add any patches your mods does? I just have a litany of tweakscale errors and a few tweakscale patch mods, I want to make sure I don't have duplicate patches floating around.

Thanks for the mods love them!

44 minutes ago, KIMCHI said:

I just have a litany of tweakscale errors and a few tweakscale patch mods, I want to make sure I don't have duplicate patches floating around.

Can you send me your KSP.log so I check them?

1 hour ago, KIMCHI said:

Just a quick question. There are so many tweakscale mods and add ons floating around and they always say to uninstall all other mods before update. Just so I am clear or anyone else, these tweaks are exclusively found in your tweak scale patch? So if I download the new Tweakscale it does not add any patches your mods does? I just have a litany of tweakscale errors and a few tweakscale patch mods, I want to make sure I don't have duplicate patches floating around.

Thanks for the mods love them!

As Lisias Said, logs and a screenshot of your GameData folder will be good

• 2 weeks later...

Hello this mod seems to caused some problem, it will auto tweak some parts to max size(20m) when I load in my previous made craft, how can I solve this?Should I post a picture of my gamedata folder?

Edited by shi0536

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/13/2022 at 5:16 PM, Starhelperdude said:

sorry to necro, but does this mod cause issues to existing tweakscaled craft files when I install it now?

Nope. It tries to do the Right Thing™ and only patches parts without TweakScale support.

Keep in mind, however, that after installing it, you can't add any TweakScale support for already existing parts because this may break your games - switching ScaleTypes and DefaulScales on a part still leads to undesired results because TweakScale lose the common baseground needed to scale things up or down.

Humm… On the other hand, an automated tool may be possible….

Keep an eye on https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/236

Edited by Lisias
Keeping an eye - done!!!!

All Tweak!!! users, I'm happy to announce that TweakScale 2.4.6.9 will make your lives easier! :)

finally implemented a "TweakScale Upgrade Pipeline" :sticktongue: that will allow you to use All Tweak without fearing updating or installing any add'on that would change the current Patch Set.

Of course this can't handle every single borderline situation, but this feature will work fine for all add'ons that doesn't changes or add Scale Types Scale Exponents (what, frankly, is about 95% of all of them!).

Scale Safe! :D

Ping @VoidCosmos@Starhelperdude

Edited by Lisias
damn - I'm getting old! :D

• 1 month later...