[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

Beyond Home

IBkqSSZ.png

Beyond Home (BH) is the final chapter in the story of Kerbalkind. It can be played independently of Before Kerbin and After Kerbin.

Billions of years after Kerbol exploded, a few colony vessels survived and found a new system to inhabit. The Tempus System. The Tempus System is a binary star system, slightly larger than the Kerbol System. The two stars Destiny and Fate orbit each other, almost like a slow dance. These stars are the heart of this expansive system.

The Kerbals have begun the colonization of two celestial bodies: Rhode, the home planet, and its moon Lua. Rhode's gravity is slightly less than Kerbin's. Its atmosphere is slightly thinner. It's a lot more modest than what the Kerbals were used to billions of years ago, however it is still a beauty to marvel at. Your task is to explore the Tempus System and uncover its secrets.

Beyond Home is a planet mod for Kerbal Space Program that raises the bar by achieving many things once thought impossible. Each planet has custom surface features that the player can explore. These can range from simple rocks to vast structures and crashed starships. Each planet has had at least a week (or more) of time dedicated to making it perfect for the player to explore. Beyond Home may sound easy, but leaving the home planet is no longer the challenge. The journey is what counts - especially what lies at the end of it. Your focus will not be learning how to fly, it will be putting those skills to the test in wild, unique environments never seen before.

See the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9llIkFVXAE

Trailers

rwMtql9.jpg

There are a number of trailers for Beyond Home. Here is the main trailer and a few popular ones, including upcoming features:

I also have my own career mode series where I play the planet pack as a player myself:

World-Firsts

Cities

Beyond Home is the first planet mod to feature a fully functional binary star system at its core. Not only this, but entire structures can be procedurally generated on each planet - yes, you can land on those floating islands. Beyond Home comes with its own visual suite, meaning you can finally bring out the most performance you possibly can with one of the most optimized planet mods in the community. As well as this, Beyond Home offers the ability to collect bonus science rewards from various biomes across every planet - you will know where the challenge lies. There is even the option for you to launch from the moon of the home planet to aid with the system expansion and exploration. 

This planet pack is entirely about exploration and discovering vast, dynamic worlds that actually feel alive. Structures that indicate that an alien race has been here before you exist. The lore is extremely extensive. And yes, there are easter eggs!

Compatibility

HeidnOk.jpg

Beyond Home is compatible with (or provides support for) the following mods:

• Environmental Visual Enhancements
  • Scatterer
  • Rescale (The recommended rescale factor is 2.5 or 3.7)
  • Distant Object Enhancement
  • Kopernicus Expansion
  • Sigma Replacements: Skybox
  • Kerbal Konstructs
  • Astrogator (Use for transfer windows!)
  • KS3P
  • Principia - Download the patch for Beyond Home here: https://pastebin.com/m2QAyA7S

Beyond Home is not compatible with:

• External visual mods (SVE, AVP, SVT...)
  • External planet mods (JNSQ, GPP, GPO...)

Scale

kyz7cB6.jpg

Beyond Home is built at the stock scale. Each planet has been hand crafted for use within Kerbal Space Program. Beyond Home avoids all of the pitfalls that the stock planet has and sustains incredible detail even at the stock scale. There is also support for Sigma Dimensions configurations, where the recommended rescale factor is 2.5x or 3.7x for a challenge.

You can download Sigma Dimensions here: https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases

Installation

bteI2eV.jpg

Please navigate to the following pages to download and install the version of each dependency for your KSP version:

Required To Function

Recommended

Hardware Requirements

Qy6ZEYi.jpg

Beyond Home is an incredibly well optimized mod that almost anyone will be able to run, but there are some bare minimum requirements that your system must meet for an enjoyable experience:

• 6GB RAM (System memory)
  • 1-2GB VRAM (Graphics memory)

Delta-V Maps

With the amazing help of @JadeOfMaar, the Beyond Home Delta V map is finally here! You can download it in both light and dark modes at incredible resolutions and finally know just how much fuel you're spending ;)

UNPRxu1.pngXA6Iebq.png

Donations

ENeMfWg.jpg

I have developed Beyond Home almost completely by myself, keeping outsourcing to an absolute minimum. As of writing this forum page, I have worked on Beyond Home almost every day for just over a year. In 2020 I will not have as much time to develop the mod because I will be in university.

Donations are by no means asked for, but are greatly appreciated. Thank you for downloading the mod or if you're a long time supporter, thank you for sticking with it throughout its development :)

Donate

Support

If think you have encountered a bug you will only get support if you submit screenshots or your KSP log file. Without evidence or logs, I will not help you.

Licensing

File:All rights reserved logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons

Beyond Home is licensed under All Rights Reserved.

This means:

• You cannot redistribute my work
  • You cannot use my work in another project
  • You cannot create derivatives of my work
  • I reserve all the rights to my work

If you would like to derive my work or use my assets elsewhere you must contact me directly requesting permission to do so.

Edited by Gameslinx
Parallax support

3 minutes ago, Praetorian said:

Is there a DeltaV map available for this? Or an in-game wiki page with one?

There is not, unfortunately. This is something I want to get done for the future but it's very time consuming.

If anyone would want me to create a spreadsheet for this to accelerate the process do let me know. 

Congrats on the release!

I do have two bugs, though, and they won't ever go away. I tried searching google, but nothing helped me: So for Scatterer, the oceans and atmospheres turn white, so I can't use it. (Spectra visual enhancements works fine, though, since it doesn't need Scatterer.) However, Kopernicus also keeps telling me that, "There was an exception in the loading process and the planet pack couldn't be loaded," or something like that.

4 hours ago, IWillAskQuestions said:

Congrats on the release!

I do have two bugs, though, and they won't ever go away. I tried searching google, but nothing helped me: So for Scatterer, the oceans and atmospheres turn white, so I can't use it. (Spectra visual enhancements works fine, though, since it doesn't need Scatterer.) However, Kopernicus also keeps telling me that, "There was an exception in the loading process and the planet pack couldn't be loaded," or something like that.

Don't use spectra with planet mods. Spectra is for the stock game. I provide my own visuals for the planets and you should be using those. Upload KSP.log, please, since you did not follow the install instructions correctly 

Edited by Gameslinx