[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

So I've been playing this modpack so far and really enjoying it, but something seems rather odd to me. As far as I can determine through Kerbal Engineer and such, the Low Space altitude for Lua is 600,000 kilometers, which seems really high? It's basically the same size more or less as the Mun in stock so wouldn't it make more sense to be at something like 60,000?

Other than that I haven't really experienced any bugs or anything. I haven't yet left Rhodes sphere of influence (apart from a random piece of debris) and can confirm this modpack works with a lot of different mods, as I have a ton installed, including Strategia. Other than treating the planets orbiting Kerbol as though they're moons orbiting a gas giant (which technically in game mechanics they are) Strategia responds very well to the modpack with no issues at all. This pack is fantastic and I love it.

2 hours ago, Queen Cassie said:

So I've been playing this modpack so far and really enjoying it, but something seems rather odd to me. As far as I can determine through Kerbal Engineer and such, the Low Space altitude for Lua is 600,000 kilometers, which seems really high? It's basically the same size more or less as the Mun in stock so wouldn't it make more sense to be at something like 60,000?

Other than that I haven't really experienced any bugs or anything. I haven't yet left Rhodes sphere of influence (apart from a random piece of debris) and can confirm this modpack works with a lot of different mods, as I have a ton installed, including Strategia. Other than treating the planets orbiting Kerbol as though they're moons orbiting a gas giant (which technically in game mechanics they are) Strategia responds very well to the modpack with no issues at all. This pack is fantastic and I love it.

Awesome! Thank you. Will lower the altitude of Lua's altitude threshold.

1 hour ago, Raptor42 said:

Where? and When? I want to visit them

On Rock

So, I played this planet pack a little while, and visited Hydrus and its floating islands, sadly I didn't manage to land on one. (images in spoiler)

Spoiler

QZWcePQ.png

eqvQesA.png

NhNXHAK.png

PtDVM2u.png

Next missions on my list are 1) reopen spaceport on Lua in my career save, 2) try flying jet powered aircraft on Gateway, (still not sure if oxygen in its atmospehre is intentional or not)
Also my game crashed a few times while playing this pack, however it was probably caused by collisions between other mods or my processor is too old. I noticed green outlines on lvl 1 launchpad around launchpad and bunker next to it.

I visited Lua today and I had a problem: when I walked with kerbals on the surface, they seemed to be a little glitchy, my screen was shaking quite a bit when walking, like if they were constantly hitting something, maybe there is some problem with terrain collisions? Also when my kerbals walk on Rhode, or Hydrus they don't experience the same issue.

37 minutes ago, sjsharks39 said:

Has anyone thrown Sigma Dimensions at this yet and seen how it behaves being a rescaled system? Would be interested in doing an RP1 playthrough at real scale on this pack ;)

Yes, SD works but some KK structures will start to move into the ground.

43 minutes ago, Friznit said:

Ground colour is matching so I guess it's must all be ok.  Thanks!

The Rhode KSC currently is just your basic, run of the mill KSP but I do want to expand on this in the future. You can make sure it works if you can see the Lua and Rhode launch sites.

6 hours ago, Rawenwarcrow said:

For now, I use KSC Extended to expand it, even if it's just visual, and besides the ground color of the new elements to change, it works like a charm, with no integration problems. I still have to try to create a new one somewhere else though,  :) 

I tried installing that, but it resulted in my install getting permastuck in loading. I suspect it's something else in my assortment of mods but I've no idea what.

1 hour ago, Rawenwarcrow said:

If you have a screen of your Game Data folder, perhaps someone could hep :) 

Eh, it's okay. I'll be able to figure it out myself eventually. In the meantime the expansions aren't even really necessary. Yet.

So I accidentally killed Jeb, Bob, and Bill in my second crewed landing on Armstrong, because I was landing everywhere getting as much science as possible(transmitting, thankfully), and on the return maneuver I didn't realize I'd directed the orbit to crash back into Armstrong before it would leave Armstrong's SOI until, while tabbed out and waiting for a very long engine burn (I was using the Block III APS engine from Bluedog Design Bureau) I suddenly heard several massive explosions. And I had no quicksave anywhere near close enough.

Thus I decided to build by far the stupidest thing I've ever made in KSP to memorialize them, landing it within three kilometers of their original landing site (because I have no idea where they actually crashed.)

9f6C4uq.jpg

This was harder to land than I expected, both because I'd installed the entire figuring upside down in the fairing so it would piece together right, and because the landing legs kept making it pogo stick. Finally I just disabled the landing legs when I got it down, and it worked. It has enough batteries to perma-SAS, keeping it nice and stable.

14 hours ago, sjsharks39 said:

Has anyone thrown Sigma Dimensions at this yet and seen how it behaves being a rescaled system? Would be interested in doing an RP1 playthrough at real scale on this pack ;)

I am playing on 3.2x scaling with SD an Rescale. Works fine.