[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

Hi. @Gameslinx
I want to play your planet pack, but I'm having troubles launching it. Now, I take full blame for that due to several other mods.

I am only getting vanilla planets despite all the instructions given. I also got confused now if we were to patch Scatterer or better leave it at the version you had mentioned in the instructions.

Regardless of that - I'm not sure if my mind is playing games on me, but could've sworn that you mentioned something about "BoulderCo" mod maybe also interfering?

I tried to find the post but maybe I am confusing that with another mod thread.

(I read a lot of mod threads...heh)

edit: I currently have KSP 1.7, MH dlc is installed, but I also put on Making Less History mod too. Might as well uninstall MH, but I read the Making Less History mod would do the job.

Edited by Spraki

3 hours ago, Spraki said:

Hi. @Gameslinx
I want to play your planet pack, but I'm having troubles launching it. Now, I take full blame for that due to several other mods.

I am only getting vanilla planets despite all the instructions given. I also got confused now if we were to patch Scatterer or better leave it at the version you had mentioned in the instructions.

Regardless of that - I'm not sure if my mind is playing games on me, but could've sworn that you mentioned something about "BoulderCo" mod maybe also interfering?

I tried to find the post but maybe I am confusing that with another mod thread.

(I read a lot of mod threads...heh)

edit: I currently have KSP 1.7, MH dlc is installed, but I also put on Making Less History mod too. Might as well uninstall MH, but I read the Making Less History mod would do the job.

Yes, Boulder Co will interfere with BH's visuals but it won't cause it to not load at all. Can you upload your KSP.log after launching the game and getting to where it hangs/crashes?

7 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Yes, Boulder Co will interfere with BH's visuals but it won't cause it to not load at all. Can you upload your KSP.log after launching the game and getting to where it hangs/crashes?

Just had other issues. I did not notice KSP patched to 1.7.1. I just opted-out back to 1.7.0.

Hmm. I just saw a line in the log regarding Kopernicus. It said something along the lines of Kopernicus version incompatible for 1.7.0 - only up to 1.4.5. :/

Need to learn how to interpret errors. Seems like a lot is still popping up.

Mhh. Enough backseat admin. Here is the log. :)

1 minute ago, Spraki said:

Just had other issues. I did not notice KSP patched to 1.7.1. I just opted-out back to 1.7.0.

Hmm. I just saw a line in the log regarding Kopernicus. It said something along the lines of Kopernicus version incompatible for 1.7.0 - only up to 1.4.5. :/

Need to learn how to interpret errors. Seems like a lot is still popping up.

Mhh. Enough backseat admin. Here is the log. :)

I'm not able to help when you have such a huge install. A planet mod should be the very first thing you install, because it requires the most components. 

It looks like you installed BH correctly (Except you still have BoulderCo in your folder, which you need to remove), and something with your other mods is causing the problem.

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm not able to help when you have such a huge install. A planet mod should be the very first thing you install, because it requires the most components. 

It looks like you installed BH correctly (Except you still have BoulderCo in your folder, which you need to remove), and something with your other mods is causing the problem.

Yeah, let me kill off those mods, for the better.

Ok, I will remove BoulderCo.

Speaking of KSP.LOG (and for future error searches), do I just look for anything that says "error", or are there particular terms to search via text editor?

2 minutes ago, Spraki said:

Yeah, let me kill off those mods, for the better.

Ok, I will remove BoulderCo.

Speaking of KSP.LOG (and for future error searches), do I just look for anything that says "error", or are there particular terms to search via text editor?

You're looking for "Exception"s to do with Kopernicus. I don't help people suffering from problems unrelated to the thread topic, which is why I don't help people with monolithic installs. It's best to remove everything, try installing BH, and go from there.

39 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

You're looking for "Exception"s to do with Kopernicus. I don't help people suffering from problems unrelated to the thread topic, which is why I don't help people with monolithic installs. It's best to remove everything, try installing BH, and go from there.

Oh sure, I know :). Wasn't expecting any miracle working. Don't worry. It does seem so that Kopernicus' exceptions were indeed the source of issues. I also noticed that there was a Kopernicus in the CommunityTechTree folder... -_- Must've dragged dropped Kopernicus there by accident, and thought it to be updated. Need to watch out more in the future.

It was just so that I recall the mentioning of BoulderCo, but could not quite pin it down where I had read it as I was skimming through BH addon dev and release threads.

In the other news, got BH to run. Obviously no surprise to say this, but it looks damn sexy. Seems like I can use my recent new career start file as well. Might consider a bit of a "career start bonus" cheat, so I can get to the fun in space a bit faster.

Anyways. Thanks for help, nonetheless :).

Hey @Gameslinx, I have a suggestion for the next update, and I was wondering what you think about it. I remember a while ago, you decided to turn Eeloo into an eyeball earth with a small outpost of kerbals on it as kind of a "last bastion in the Kerbol system". Maybe you could turn it into another konstructs launch site similar to the base on Lua. I'll admit, I haven't had much of a chance to explore the destroyed Kerbol system because of its distance away from everything else. If there's an unlockable base in-system, it could make exploring much easier for anyone that's trying to explore in career mode (plus I keep getting contracts to explore Verna before I even left Rhode's SOI. It might be a good way to turn a glitch into a feature ;)!)

47 minutes ago, iliketrains0pwned said:

Hey @Gameslinx, I have a suggestion for the next update, and I was wondering what you think about it. I remember a while ago, you decided to turn Eeloo into an eyeball earth with a small outpost of kerbals on it as kind of a "last bastion in the Kerbol system". Maybe you could turn it into another konstructs launch site similar to the base on Lua. I'll admit, I haven't had much of a chance to explore the destroyed Kerbol system because of its distance away from everything else. If there's an unlockable base in-system, it could make exploring much easier for anyone that's trying to explore in career mode (plus I keep getting contracts to explore Verna before I even left Rhode's SOI. It might be a good way to turn a glitch into a feature ;)!)

This was the original plan, but kk launch pads are not working on that planet and I don't know why!

Edited by Gameslinx

Beyond Home 1.2.0 has been released!

Beyond Home Version 1.2.0 Full Changelog:

• 50% Improvement on the GPU performance, especially on Rhode!
  • Full Anger revamp - Make sure to finish all missions on Anger before updating.
  • You can now get close to a rock / terrain scatter as a Kerbal and perform an organic or mineral sample
  • Now using GPU Instancing on terrain scatters to reduce memory usage and improve performance - FORCE DX11 ONLY
  • Improved visuals on Tau
  • Added lens flare effects to Destiny and Fate
  • Gravity reduction on Gateway, its orbital velocity is around half (it was WAY too high)
  • Retextured ALL stars, improved coronae and surfaces
  • Updated to Kopernicus 1.7.1-4
  • Downgraded scatterer's recommended version because the latest has a TON of critical bugs
  • Added new kerbal-made structures to many planets
  • Added secret kerbal-made structure to one of the planets
  • Improved UV mapping on the floating islands, specifically
  • Added ice shards, icebergs, pillars, more floating islands, larger rocks, alien trees, and much more to vary the terrain
  • Completely redesigned Gateway's ocean, take a submarine and go wild!
  • Moved Jade's orbit in, since it was too far out and caused bugs
  • Moved Anger's orbit out, since it was too far in and caused bugs
  • Increased Anger's surface gravity to 0.3Gs
  • Terrain scatters added to the following planets:
    -- Anger
    -- Fury
    -- Hydrus
    -- Hydron
    -- Lua
    -- Ash
    -- Rock
    -- Gateway
    -- Kohm
    -- Vasto
    -- Voss
    -- Tau
    AND MANY MORE THINGS I MOST DEFINITELY FORGOT TO MENTION!

could you at least make your scatters compatible with BG? no scidefs or anything, just being scannable with the arms? Some of us use it and like your work. just removing them because you hate DLC, while valid, alienates those who want to have both BH and BG.

54 minutes ago, KerbalKore said:

could you at least make your scatters compatible with BG? no scidefs or anything, just being scannable with the arms? Some of us use it and like your work. just removing them because you hate DLC, while valid, alienates those who want to have both BH and BG.

That isn't up to me. I can't get them to be scannable with the arms because Squad implemented them strangely (alienating them from regular scatters) and Thomas does not plan / did not plan on locking features behind the DLC 

Yes I don't like the DLC, but I would still support it if I could. Currently I cannot add the BG rocks to my planets because I don't know how, and because I add my own stuff. The downside of me adding my own stuff means I have to add my own implementation, done on Kopernicus' side, not mine. That's why you press a button whilst on EVA near the rock.

Sorry, but there's literally nothing more I can do.

This planet pack is really nice but it getting more and more performance intensive.

I've got a overclocked i7-4790k processor, 20G RAM and a RTX2060 GPU, I can run other planet pack like JNSQ in 60+ FPS (mostly),

but in BH, I can hardly get 40 FPS on launchpad in a newly created career save. And it gets worse when I landed on other CBs

Edited by Iso-Polaris

4 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

This planet pack is really nice but it getting more and more performance intensive.

I've got a overclocked i7-4790k processor, 20G RAM and a RTX2060 GPU, I can run other planet pack like JNSQ in 60+ FPS (mostly),

but in BH, I can hardly get 40 FPS on launchpad in a newly created career save. And it gets worse when I landed on other CBs

I just released an update to improve performance on the GPU by 50%. You can also turn down the BH terrain settings to reduce the scatter count. I hope this helps

Edit: you MUST delete settings.cfg when updating this time. I need to update the readme

Edited by Gameslinx

Is this version compatibile with 1.6.1 or with 1.7.1 as the title says? The installation instructions say that they are for 1.6.1, so I'm a bit confused. Could it be theoretically compatibile with 1.6.1?

And can you do the mineral sampling without the new DLC?

Edited by Raptor42

1 hour ago, Raptor42 said:

Is this version compatibile with 1.6.1 or with 1.7.1 as the title says? The installation instructions say that they are for 1.6.1, so I'm a bit confused. Could it be theoretically compatibile with 1.6.1?

And can you do the mineral sampling without the new DLC?

You can do the mineral sampling without the DLC. With the DLC i'm having some issues despite them working before i initially released the update, which is a shame.

If you download the Kopernicus 1.6.1 backport then you can use BH on 1.6.1.

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus-Backport/releases

On 6/8/2019 at 12:16 AM, Gameslinx said:

Currently I cannot add the BG rocks to my planets because I don't know how

Not sure if it helps - you probably got that far yourself already - but the basic gist is this:

Under ...\GameData\SquadExpansion\Serenity\Resources is a file called rocsdef.cfg, which covers all the special, interactable terrain scatters. By modifying these ROC_DEFINITIONs with Module Manager, it should theoretically be possible to add the BG objects to your own worlds... assuming the CELESTIALBODY{ } node takes Kopernicus world names. You can even change the displayed name, so you don't end up finding a "Mun Rock" on, say, Gateway. You can filter by biome, mark which objects can be picked up by a Kerbal, and so on. ScienceDefs.cfg in the same directory has the texts you get when interacting with the objects. The expansion also sometimes generates targeted contracts for specific objects, for which there is a config file in a different folder.

Now, a ROC_DEFINITION lets you specify a prefab and a model, which is how you would add your own. I'm not exactly sure where Squad stores theirs, since the definitions don't specify the full path, so you'll have to experiment with where to put them and whether or not it finds them if you just put in their names.

1 minute ago, Streetwind said:

Now, a ROC_DEFINITION lets you specify a prefab and a model, which is how you would add your own. I'm not exactly sure where Squad stores theirs, since the definitions don't specify the full path, so you'll have to experiment with where to put them and whether or not it finds them if you just put in their names.

That's useful. I would add my own Rock definitions, but I can't export .mu objects. I can only export .obj files for rocks, which Kopernicus would have to support. So for the time being i can't add my own (and i really do not want to add vall volcanoes / ugly blue rocks everywhere).

Thank you though, i will look into it when the resources because fully available to me

I have a mod compatibility idea. I don’t know if this could even work because I’m that experienced with modding but is it possible to add outer planets compatibility so if you head to the dead kerbol system and you have the outer planets mod installed you can find dead versions of sarnus Urlum Neidon plock And their moons?

4 hours ago, Kjonde564 said:

I have a mod compatibility idea. I don’t know if this could even work because I’m that experienced with modding but is it possible to add outer planets compatibility so if you head to the dead kerbol system and you have the outer planets mod installed you can find dead versions of sarnus Urlum Neidon plock And their moons?

I'm probably not going to do that, mainly because it's a lot of work and I think BH doesn't need any more planets