[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

@Gameslinx amazing mod my friend. I was sleeping on this for way too long. The planets look gorgeous! You did a great job.

Started messing with 1.7.1 just to have a look at this!

Now I find myself wondering what would be the best version for building an install on KSP 1.6.1??  Could you please point me in the right direction?

thanks!

Daf

8 hours ago, Dafni said:

Now I find myself wondering what would be the best version for building an install on KSP 1.6.1??  Could you please point me in the right direction?

For 1.6.1, you will need to use the Kopernicus Backport for 1.6.1. https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus-Backport/releases

For everyone else, the next episode is out!

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

For 1.6.1, you will need to use the Kopernicus Backport for 1.6.1. https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus-Backport/releases

Cheers. I am aware of the Kopernicus backports, I was rather asking about the version of this mod here, Beyond Home. Or do you say just use the latest release and it will work on 1.6.1 too, provided the dependencies match KSP?

thank you

11 minutes ago, Dafni said:

Cheers. I am aware of the Kopernicus backports, I was rather asking about the version of this mod here, Beyond Home. Or do you say just use the latest release and it will work on 1.6.1 too, provided the dependencies match KSP?

thank you

I have not tested the most recent BH update (1.2) on KSP 1.6.1, but I should imagine that it works!

3 hours ago, Oscentlian Crumagen said:

Hey Gameslynx, I did some KSP on my desktop with your planet pack, Beyond home, and I went on a grand tour of the Gateway system, and noticed a considerable lag in the fps while landing on Ansia. Is there any way you could try to improve that anytime soon?

I'll take a look. What are your CPU and GPU usages on ansia?

The planets aren't loading, it just says "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. Loading your savegame is not recommended, because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress."

Edited by KingKerb

27 minutes ago, KingKerb said:

The planets aren't loading, it just says "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. Loading your savegame is not recommended, because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress."

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.7.3-1

36 minutes ago, KingKerb said:

If you're on 1.7.0, use Kopernicus 1.7.0.

5 minutes ago, KingKerb said:

I am using Kopernicus 1.7.0 and the planets won't load, but the skybox is loading.

Your KSP version must match your Kopernicus version. Please send a screenshot of your GameData folder and upload your KSP.log file

6 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Your KSP version must match your Kopernicus version. Please send a screenshot of your GameData folder and upload your KSP.log file

I'm using ksp 1.7.0 and Kopernicus 1.7.0. I don't have an image host but my gamedata folder looks something like this:

Spoiler

BeyondHome

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

KAS

KerbalKonstructs

KIS

Kopernicus

MakingLessHistory

ModularFlightIntegrator

Sigma

Squad

SquadExpansion

WildBlueIndustries

ModuleManager 4.0.2

I would put my ksp log here but whenever I try my computer freezes up,  so this is what 99% of it looks like:

Spoiler

[LOG 12:45:50.869] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)
[EXC 12:45:51.066] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()
[LOG 12:45:51.114] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)
[EXC 12:45:51.216] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Edited by KingKerb

8 hours ago, KingKerb said:

I'm using ksp 1.7.0 and Kopernicus 1.7.0. I don't have an image host but my gamedata folder looks something like this:

Hide contents

BeyondHome

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

KAS

KerbalKonstructs

KIS

Kopernicus

MakingLessHistory

ModularFlightIntegrator

Sigma

Squad

SquadExpansion

WildBlueIndustries

ModuleManager 4.0.2

I would put my ksp log here but whenever I try my computer freezes up,  so this is what 99% of it looks like:

Hide contents

[LOG 12:45:50.869] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)
[EXC 12:45:51.066] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 12:45:51.114] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)
[EXC 12:45:51.216] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Upload the log to somewhere like Dropbox and send me the link please!

4 minutes ago, KingKerb said:

Here's my KSP log.

[EXC 21:06:50.485] Exception: Failed to load Body: Fury

I see the problem now.

You're using the main kopernicus for 1.7.0 and not a backport, since in KSP 1.7.1 and above, Kopernicus went under a huge change and I had to update the mod to that change.

You are forced to update to KSP 1.7.3.

Edited by Gameslinx

Just now, KingKerb said:

Thanks. It's working now. Also, seeing as Beyond Home is after After Kerbin, will there ever be a Before Before Kerbin?

No there won't. I'm glad it's working and I hope you enjoy :)

I keep coming back for the videos and the amazing concepts! The effort and production value is so good@Gameslinx!

That sunken alien ship is one of those things that makes planets seem alive! Is that the race that inhabited the solar system before Kerbals? It would be cool to see alien shipwrecks or structures from a past civilization on other planets! It reminds me of Halo, the Expanse, and other sci-fi stories. Lots of role-playing opportunities! Thank you for making this. 

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I keep coming back for the videos and the amazing concepts! The effort and production value is so good@Gameslinx!

That sunken alien ship is one of those things that makes planets seem alive! Is that the race that inhabited the solar system before Kerbals? It would be cool to see alien shipwrecks or structures from a past civilization on other planets! It reminds me of Halo, the Expanse, and other sci-fi stories. Lots of role-playing opportunities! Thank you for making this. 

Thank you so much!

The lore of the ship will be revealed when the update drops, so my lips are sealed for now :)

6 hours ago, Frag2000 said:

Hi guys,

what is the low orbit altitude for Rhodes as well as the delta V to get there? If the info is somewhere in a wiki or I missed something let me know :)

Thanks!

Orbit altitude is above 50km

I'm currently tweaking a delta V map. Use Astrogator to get an idea for transfer windows!

Awesome looking mod! One thing I did notice from your videos is that Rhode is easier to orbit compared to Kerbin. Do you think you'll ever add an option to make Rhode identical to Kerbin (in terms of atmosphere, mass, size)?

32 minutes ago, Empiro said:

Awesome looking mod! One thing I did notice from your videos is that Rhode is easier to orbit compared to Kerbin. Do you think you'll ever add an option to make Rhode identical to Kerbin (in terms of atmosphere, mass, size)?

When I feel like the mod has reached a good state, yes I think I'll support this :)

2 minutes ago, Kangroozeeh said:

Is it somehow possible to start on the original Kerbol system and have the systems of Beyond World added in as well? Like in GPP_Secondary for example? This mod looks amazing and really want to play it!

Not yet! Besides, where would you even start? Almost every planet is a wasteland!