[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

4 hours ago, Columbo said:

Great planet pack! You really know how to make beautiful planets!

One question, will it work with sigma dimensions and rescale? i like to play the game scaled up ;)

It should do! I've seen one of the testers playing rescaled so I'd imagine this will work too

15 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Don't use spectra with planet mods. Spectra is for the stock game. I provide my own visuals for the planets and you should be using those. Upload KSP.log, please, since you did not follow the install instructions correctly 

I know that, and I never do, but I'm just saying that all visual mods except for Spectra and BoulderCO? don't work since they need scatterer. And no matter what, scatter does not work for me. Even when I do not have any other visual mods installed (except for EVE), of course. Then the Kopernicus error always is there as well. I guess I should also say that I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and a KSP version 1.6.1, just in case. Although I don't reckon it should matter.

Sorry about this, but how do I upload the logs? I'm new here XD (obviously).

Edited by IWillAskQuestions
I changed some wording.

So here's an interesting question.. Does anyone think that this mod would work alongside GPP, if I use GPP_Secondary. Reason I'm asking is because I really liked the GPP pack and just got it installed and have barely played it and then this pack came out and well .. This pack is a must, it looks amazing. But I still would like the option to explore the GPP planets as well since I never even really got away from Gael yet. (I'm gonna try this anyways to see if it'll work)

Aside from that, any chance for Distant Object Enhancement, Planet Shine, and Final Frontier compatibility?

8 minutes ago, CoriW said:

So here's an interesting question.. Does anyone think that this mod would work alongside GPP, if I use GPP_Secondary. Reason I'm asking is because I really liked the GPP pack and just got it installed and have barely played it and then this pack came out and well .. This pack is a must, it looks amazing. But I still would like the option to explore the GPP planets as well since I never even really got away from Gael yet. (I'm gonna try this anyways to see if it'll work)

Aside from that, any chance for Distant Object Enhancement, Planet Shine, and Final Frontier compatibility?

I don't think BH would be compatible with GPP.

I shall take a look at DOE, but probably not Final Frontier for the moment.

8 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

how do I get just the skybox?

You must use the entire mod for the sky-

I'm kidding. But awww :(

The skybox is located in BeyondHome/Skybox. It requires Sigma Replacements: Skybox to work.

Hey all! Hopefully there will be a patch this weekend. I hope to add more terrain scatters to the far out planets (hopefully nobody has even gotten there yet!) and patch a couple minor bugs

Stay tuned!

I'm having the same issue that Kopernicus throws an error that there was "an exception in the loading process." I deleted my entire "Game Data" directory, with the exception of the two Squad folders, deleted my saved games, reverified my install through Steam, then unzipped all of the files listed in the installation instructions and copied them into Game Data and I get the same error message. Also, when I try to open the Settings menu the game will go to a black screen, with music still playing, and stay there forever. When I delete all of the addons associated with Beyond Home I can access Settings just fine.  Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I am a noob. I had extracted the zip files and didn't realize that they each made an unzipped file structure of the "Name with version #/Game Data/Name" so I just had to move all the "Name" folders into the Game Data folder and all is well.

Edited by Lascaris

6 hours ago, Loskene said:

I actually have to come back and complement you again on the trailers because I've watched them all now, and I actually have to ask if editing is your day job, because they're incredibly well done.

Editing isn't my day job but I do very much enjoy doing it. Thank you 

2 hours ago, Lascaris said:

Edit: I am a noob. I had extracted the zip files and didn't realize that they each made an unzipped file structure of the "Name with version #/Game Data/Name" so I just had to move all the "Name" folders into the Game Data folder and all is well.

I'm glad everything works now. Enjoy :)

16 hours ago, CoriW said:

Well I'm waiting for your report. ;) GPP should spawn very far away from Kerbol (to reduce the need to entertain this question) and not be involved in any problems but there is a major variable in the barycenter of Rhode's pair of stars. Planetshine is supposed to be broken with regard to interstellar bodies (if that is in your interests) so if you will, do test that thoroughly, too.

I made sure to follow the install instructions, yet KSP 1.6.1 cannot get past the black loading screen for me. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am trying this on a fresh install of KSP. Would love to try this mod. Sorry if this is not in the right place.

11 minutes ago, Wilds said:

I made sure to follow the install instructions, yet KSP 1.6.1 cannot get past the black loading screen for me. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am trying this on a fresh install of KSP. Would love to try this mod. Sorry if this is not in the right place.

Hop on the discord linked in the first post and send me a screenshot of your GameData directory

3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Hop on the discord linked in the first post and send me a screenshot of your GameData directory

Will do. Was about to edit my post! I deleted one addon at a time and Kopernicus is the reason it isn't loading.

1 minute ago, Wilds said:

Will do. Was about to edit my post! I deleted one addon at a time and Kopernicus is the reason it isn't loading.

Huh? You need Kopernicus for this to work, my dude!

Your GameData should looks like this (I edited out the folders that are extra mods)

jPphiT0.png

I finally got the mod to work as intended. Already got to flyby Lua in my new career there.

llxdoe6d7quo0drzg.jpg

Apparently, it didn't like the CKAN version of skybox replacer. That said, it did look pretty nice with default skybox too.

And, yeah, you weren't lying. It works much smoother than stock system. Even on my potato laptop.
Awesome work, @Gameslinx!